F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Today is my last day of classes as an undergraduate student. I'm not sure how to feel, but it's a pretty cool thing. I wasn't supposed to get as emotionally attached to this place as I did 

As long as I don't screw up my final comprehensive oral examination (I get to stand in front of the department and do all of the physics that they tell me to for an hour and a half!) I should be good to graduate. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Good luck man!

I'm excited to almost be done with this performance. My body is just battered. I've put everything I have into it and hopefully Sunday goes well. 2 more practices... one performance.

Last night, my trapeze instructor got a little... gung ho... and had us run it over and over and over. It's a punishing routine for me. Trapeze is a painful apparatus, the ropes cut, the bar bruises, and I'm supporting my weight and my partner while twisting, flipping, etc. By the final run through, she and I were just cussing and gasping for air. My hoop routine is endurance (the lower bruises are from that) more than pain, but still... I'm beat.

There IS such a thing as practicing too much. My leg, the thigh area, is really swollen today, so much that pants hurt. My instructor (in the routine with us) has ripped all the skin off her calf. Everyone's just spent. I hope it doesn't affect our actual show! 

qOCA4v9.jpg

just let it be over...... but hey, if you're in Roc Sunday and want to see some cirque du soleil type for 5 bucks a show, pop on by! 

Today is my last day of classes as an undergraduate student. I'm not sure how to feel, but it's a pretty cool thing. I wasn't supposed to get as emotionally attached to this place as I did

As long as I don't screw up my final comprehensive oral examination (I get to stand in front of the department and do all of the physics that they tell me to for an hour and a half!) I should be good to graduate. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oral comps for a bachelor's? Well I'll be damned.

Good luck man!

I'm excited to almost be done with this performance. My body is just battered. I've put everything I have into it and hopefully Sunday goes well. 2 more practices... one performance.

Last night, my trapeze instructor got a little... gung ho... and had us run it over and over and over. It's a punishing routine for me. Trapeze is a painful apparatus, the ropes cut, the bar bruises, and I'm supporting my weight and my partner while twisting, flipping, etc. By the final run through, she and I were just cussing and gasping for air. My hoop routine is endurance (the lower bruises are from that) more than pain, but still... I'm beat.

There IS such a thing as practicing too much. My leg, the thigh area, is really swollen today, so much that pants hurt. My instructor (in the routine with us) has ripped all the skin off her calf. Everyone's just spent. I hope it doesn't affect our actual show! 

qOCA4v9.jpg

just let it be over...... but hey, if you're in Roc Sunday and want to see some cirque du soleil type ###### for 5 bucks a show, pop on by! 

OUCH!!  Get yourself some of this stuff:

http://www.arnicare.com/google/?gclid=CjwKEAiAyanCBRDkiO6M_rDroH0SJAAfZ4KL45DoPtkcmG4pQLo4sPbJOwGhwDTgFkZ1-4FhGY_v_BoCwpLw_wcB

And this:

http://sorenomoreusa.com/cool-therapy-gel

Both awesome for bruising.

Oh my god I love you.

I've been wondering if there was something out there, but my google searches just turned up "take a hot bath and take a pill and suck it up, kiddo" in essence haha 

Oh my god I love you.

I've been wondering if there was something out there, but my google searches just turned up "take a hot bath and take a pill and suck it up, kiddo" in essence haha

I think I have a tube of Arnicare in my desk here. I'll bring it home for you.

Oh my god I love you.

:lol: Hopefully you can find at least one of them locally; I've found Arnica Gel at drug stores in the past, but the Sore No More is harder to find.  I stumbled across them myself a few years back after Googling something like "what to do after you bash your knee on ice snowboarding?"  LOL

Even better!

(Ibuprofen is a good idea, too, since it's anti-inflammatory.)

:wub:

:lol: Hopefully you can find at least one of them locally; I've found Arnica Gel at drug stores in the past, but the Sore No More is harder to find.  I stumbled across them myself a few years back after Googling something like "what to do after you bash your knee on ice snowboarding?"  LOL

Even better!

(Ibuprofen is a good idea, too, since it's anti-inflammatory.)

Yeah, I'll buy some of the Sore No More online. Worth a shot. I'm in pretty gnarly shape. Thanks again!

:wub:

Yeah, I'll buy some of the Sore No More online. Worth a shot. I'm in pretty gnarly shape. Thanks again!

Anytime!  If you're getting the SNM online, it might be worth getting both the warm and cool therapy gel... the former is great for sore muscles, and the latter is really good for acute injuries with bruising and/or inflammation.

Edited by biodork

Anytime!  If you're getting the SNM online, it might be worth getting both the warm and cool therapy gel... the former is great for sore muscles, and the latter is really good for acute injuries with bruising and/or inflammation.

I'm a beautiful mosaic of both, so I will definitely do that! 

• 3 weeks later...

Bueller?

A bright spot in my dad and stepmom's saga today: sounds like insurance is finally coming around to the idea that they can't just move back into the house anytime soon based on the amount of repairs needed and is agreeing to cover a POD container so they can pack-out the house in preparation for redoing the flooring throughout.  Also, they found a contractor who can start next week (as long as SERVPRO gives the green light on everything being dry enough); it's one of the guys from their cancer support group who has since recovered and has a construction business, so he is going to handle everything for them.  Thank God for small favors!  Hopefully they'll only be out of the house another two weeks if everything goes according to plan.

Edited by biodork

It's three years today since I posted the saddest thing I ever could have posted here.  And while I'm wistful and certainly missing her and sad, it's nothing, NOTHING like it was two years ago or even last year.  And certainly not like the year before that, when I barely could see through the tears to post what I did.

Time heals all wounds?  I don't know about that.  But maybe time makes them hurt a little less and a little less often?  Sure.

I've had a good day.  I've got a gal (who also lost someone, so we're on the same page) who loves me and whom I love.  I've got a warm bed at home, a bunch of good friends, and my country is going to last at least 13 more days.  Life is ok.

Hell yeah Eleven, happy for you man.

I played pond hockey for the first time in two years today and skated a lot better than I remembered

I'm fighting anxiety about getting back on skates.  This gives me courage.

It's three years today since I posted the saddest thing I ever could have posted here. And while I'm wistful and certainly missing her and sad, it's nothing, NOTHING like it was two years ago or even last year. And certainly not like the year before that, when I barely could see through the tears to post what I did.

Time heals all wounds? I don't know about that. But maybe time makes them hurt a little less and a little less often? Sure.

I've had a good day. I've got a gal (who also lost someone, so we're on the same page) who loves me and whom I love. I've got a warm bed at home, a bunch of good friends, and my country is going to last at least 13 more days. Life is ok.

Awesome.

It's three years today since I posted the saddest thing I ever could have posted here. And while I'm wistful and certainly missing her and sad, it's nothing, NOTHING like it was two years ago or even last year. And certainly not like the year before that, when I barely could see through the tears to post what I did.

Time heals all wounds? I don't know about that. But maybe time makes them hurt a little less and a little less often? Sure.

I've had a good day. I've got a gal (who also lost someone, so we're on the same page) who loves me and whom I love. I've got a warm bed at home, a bunch of good friends, and my country is going to last at least 13 more days. Life is ok.

I'm glad to see you, man. You're view of life makes me smile. Life is hard and things change before we're ready for it but you're words help set to our eyes in the right direction (at least I'm reminded to reset). Life is never going to fulfill expectation but we can find peace here if we look.

I didn't see Eleven's post until after this thread was already closed last week, so belated congrats, man... you deserve all the happiness that comes your way (and then some).

My dad was finally able to get the contractor and insurance agent to hammer things out yesterday, so they officially have the green light to move forward on repairs.  It stinks that they did end up losing this entire week, but the PODS container will be delivered tomorrow and they'll start packing out the house on Monday morning.  Probably two more weeks of living in a small hotel room and having the cats boarded, but at least things progress will be made very soon towards getting them back home.

Had the sit down with the girl, got some closure and am good to move on. Life advice, if all of your friends say you deserve better, listen to them

So now, I can meet this other girl through a friend, who seems much more my type. He wanted to bring her over tonight, but between ending one bridge last night and playing an incredibly intense drinking game, I convinced him that I would make a terrible first impression tonight. So I'll meet her hopefully soon, and just blackout and enjoy tonight

It's been a highly stressful few weeks, I'm just glad it's done and I have a night to let loose