F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Jim Kelly.

And: my mom, who is in her 70s and was always a terrible driver, lost her driver's license last year. She took the test last fall and failed, mostly due to anxiety about highway driving -- so she hasn't had a driver's license in a year. She took a bunch of lessons, got her nerves settled and passed her test this morning -- so now she can get herself to the grocery store, the relatives, etc.

Fantastic. (And not a disaster for the other drivers -- she doesn't go on the highway, stays in her neighborhood and generally drives pretty slowly and carefully).

I finally finished sanding and repainting my back porch yesterday, which has been in various stages of progress for far too long due to insufficient tools and lack of free time. And it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself!

And: It's been a brutal couple of weeks with long work hours and far too little rest, but once I leave work today (hopefully in another 2-3 hours), I am officially on vacation through 9/14. Woohoo!

Edited by biodork

Was thinking of Stub Hubing some tickets for the game Sunday but some other obligations came up for Sunday morning. I told them I would help as long as he has a bunch of cold beers, couple of large pizzas and the Bills game on starting at noon.

Neighbors' house behind us has been an eye sore for some time. When we moved in an elderly lady owned the place, but her 50ish yr old son was living with her. I didn't really want to call the building inspector about the condition of the place because I got the impression that she didn't have any money to speak of. this AM I wake to find a crew in her yard tearing out the beat down old privacy fence and tearing out all the weeds/vines that had taken over the yard. Turns out she died over the winter and her son had a heart attack shortly after. He was so big it took 5 guys to carry him out of the house. the house has been vacant since about January. The crew outisde working is a bunch of guys who flip houses. they bought the place and are fixing it up for resale.

One less eyesore in the neighborhood. :worthy:

If I tell them one then I know it'll be closer to 130. Plus it'll give us some time to watch the pregame and have a few brewski's. I picked up some Rickards White yesterday. I think I may give that a go.

Leaving time for set up is wise. Watching any type of pregame is not. I'm not sure when it happened but I blame the boobs on fox, every pregame show has turned into the exact same boring formula.

How Deion, Keyshawn, Michael Irvin still have jobs is laughable. The only worse analysts are Marshall Faulk and Emmit Smith. Those guys don't even try.

Leaving time for set up is wise. Watching any type of pregame is not. I'm not sure when it happened but I blame the boobs on fox, every pregame show has turned into the exact same boring formula.

How Deion, Keyshawn, Michael Irvin still have jobs is laughable. The only worse analysts are Marshall Faulk and Emmit Smith. Those guys don't even try.

I flip back and forth between all of them just to see what people are saying/the news for fantasy for the day. I always start my coverage at 12/12:30.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, somehow we missed a whole week here. I think the Awesome thread has kind of taken this one's place in many regards.

Anyhow, I'm excited that today I will be leaving work before 6pm for the first time in over a week (last weekend included), and that I don't have to come in tomorrow. The weather is gorgeous here, the leaves are starting to change, and I have plans this evening to visit a local vineyard/brewery with a friend. F'N fantastic.

I flip back and forth between all of them just to see what people are saying/the news for fantasy for the day. I always start my coverage at 12/12:30.

Ray Lewis has been a serious embarrassment during the entire Ray Rice ordeal. Its as if he thinks we all forgot his role in the cover up of a MURDER.

I'm out of work early and getting plastered tonight. That hasn't happened in for-ev-er.

I'm jealous, I don't see an opportunity to get plastered any time in the near future. Luckily since I have 2-3 drinks a week now, plastered is drinking 3 craft beers in a sitting.

So as any die hard Sabres fan would, I have taught my son to say Buffalo (ok he still says Buffff) but points to the symbol everytime. For the first time ever, he now knows to say booo anytime he sees a leaf symbol. Just happened before I left for work this morning as he said buh and pointed to a leaf bear my dad is trying to brainwash him with. F'n Fantastic! Should be a fun Leafs/Sabres game I take him to in Nov.