F'N...tastic Fridays....

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:58 AM

Andrew Amerk

So as any die hard Sabres fan would, I have taught my son to say Buffalo (ok he still says Buffff) but points to the symbol everytime. For the first time ever, he now knows to say booo anytime he sees a leaf symbol. Just happened before I left for work this morning as he said buh and pointed to a leaf bear my dad is trying to brainwash him with. F'n Fantastic! Should be a fun Leafs/Sabres game I take him to in Nov.

:clapping: Doing it right.

I finally caved and bought a new laptop to replace the one I had, which was almost 6 years old and starting to have issues (on top of the fact that it's slow as dirt). Looking forward to getting it set up and running this weekend!

So as any die hard Sabres fan would, I have taught my son to say Buffalo (ok he still says Buffff) but points to the symbol everytime. For the first time ever, he now knows to say booo anytime he sees a leaf symbol. Just happened before I left for work this morning as he said buh and pointed to a leaf bear my dad is trying to brainwash him with. F'n Fantastic! Should be a fun Leafs/Sabres game I take him to in Nov.

This is the way you do it (as opposed to the terrible idea of actually allowing your child to consider wearing Canes colors tonight.)

Yom Kippur and Eid al Adha start at sunset today.

A rare double header of the most Holy Holidays on the Hebrew and Islamic calendar.

Fantastic.

It would only be better if Easter Sunday was on the same day as the above ... extremely unlikely, if not impossible.

Also, I turn 50 on Sunday. Fantastic.

Not so fantastic ... after Eid Prayers tomorrow morning I have to go on a day long, NS government mandated, seminar since I teach at a private college.

Happy early birthday, NS! Hope it's a good one.

For me: I'm getting a new, high-efficiency heat pump installed the week after next. (You know you're a homeowner when... ) Between the installer's and manufacturer's rebates I'm saving almost $2100, and I was able to qualify for a 10 yr loan with a fixed rate of 5.99%, so my payments will be under $100/month with no fees or prepayment penalties. So glad I could do this proactively rather than waiting for the existing one to break down in the middle of winter.

Heading up to the Poconos / Delaware Water Gap area tomorrow through Monday with the bf. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, but looks like a really pretty area and fall foliage should be nice.

Nice! One of the first places my now-wife and I went while we were dating was a kayak float at the Del. Water Gap. Great area.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, dEnnis!

Fantastic? The Sabres aren't playing tonight, and I get to dog-sit two adorable pups tomorrow evening for my friends. Sad that's exciting, but it is.

Thank you!

What kind of pups?

And I'm puppy sitting all weekend for my fiance's sister and her husband. he gets along great with our dog...only thing is, we don't have the space for the two of them to expend their energy. This is going to be a challenge haha.

Thank you!

What kind of pups?

And I'm puppy sitting all weekend for my fiance's sister and her husband. he gets along great with our dog...only thing is, we don't have the space for the two of them to expend their energy. This is going to be a challenge haha.

Well pup is probably a bit inaccurate since they're somewhere around 7-8 years old, haha. One is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and the other a Brussels Griffon. They're adorable and so much fun!