F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

This quote that my supervisor emailed me is f'n fantastically stupid:

"I believe that most Americans are not waking up to the fact that we have reached a point where, according to author Charles Murray's "Real Education. . .", nearly half of the students in our class are performing below average. What are we going to do about this emergency? We cannot afford to keep having kids spending so much time playing and fooling around. Longer school days and more days per year are important until every child is at the top of the class. Isn't that what the American dream is all about?"

Thank god for the entertainment provided by stupid people.

I agree with you but for different reasons.

Now, for my F'N Fantastic Friday.y wife and I really love our new house. Yes, it was built in 1960, but it has a certain charm and craftsmanship about it that can't be seen in the cookie cutter houses being built these days, Also, it looks like our adoption classes will start in January. We can't wait! :)

Bump ...

This is indeed a fantastic Friday ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/11/29/un-palestinian-state-israel-vote.html

Finally, the UN does something right.

Of course Canada, US and Israel (and a few other countries I have never heard of) voted no.

To add to my shame as a Canadian, our government has recalled a number of Ambasadors in protest. Shameful, indeed.

that's awesome, weave. hopefully you'll have good news for the holidays!

as far as F'N Fantastic stuff on this end:

wife gets a much-needed weekend retreat with her girl friends. everyone's heading to park city for the weekend. so that's awesome for her.

the awesome part on my end:

1. i'm in charge of the menu from here until sunday. one word: pizza.

2. i'm in charge of the indoor entertainment for the weekend. one word: movies.

3. i'm in charge of the outdoor entertainment for the weekend. one word: geocaching.

4. once the girls go to bed, i have unfettered access to netflix. time to catch up on breaking bad.

yah. this weekend is gonna be fun.

EDIT: just read the "hobbies" thread. might have to revise the indoor entertainment and bust out mario kart for the girls.

Edited by Chris_in_UT

Got pulled over on my way to work today. Chemung County Sheriff. apparently I was going really fast in a 55 (downhill nonetheless) I wasn't honestly paying attention to my speed, I was paying attention to sipping my coffee :angel:

The Fantastic part is the fact that the officer was really nice, and only gave me a disobeying a traffic control device ticket rather than the really bad speeding ticket i could've gotten. Gotta see the positives in every negative.

The other fantastic thing is that I'm making homemade lasagna at some point in the next two days, hanging Xmas lights outside tomorrow, FINALLY getting rid of the BMW (guy is FINALLY coming to pick it up after he paid for it a while back), and re-organizing the extra room that's across the hall from mine so that I have more living space. All things needed done, but haven't had time to do that this weekend I finally have time for.

The apartment is ridiculously empty, but the fat ###### is officially gone. Now we get to slowly shape the place exactly to our liking until I can officially move in.

Let's chip in and get shrader a gift certificate for some Liberator furniture.

The apartment is currently flooded with penicillin. I really didn't plan ahead on this one though as I have no idea how do drain it.

Is that like one of those flea bomb/fogger things? lol

Congrats, shrader!

After all the hassle with delivery and installation issues last week, I have a nice new stove and microwave in my kitchen. :thumbsup:

Got pulled over on my way to work today. Chemung County Sheriff. apparently I was going really fast in a 55 (downhill nonetheless) I wasn't honestly paying attention to my speed, I was paying attention to sipping my coffee :angel:

The Fantastic part is the fact that the officer was really nice, and only gave me a disobeying a traffic control device ticket rather than the really bad speeding ticket i could've gotten. Gotta see the positives in every negative.

If you were a couple counties over (near Nunda), I'd wonder if it was the guy that did the same for me a couple weeks ago. 74 in a 55, which was honestly a surprise. I had the cruise set to 68 and told him that (as well as saying I wasn't arguing with him, just surprised). He came back and said, "Since you were honest with me, etc. etc.."