F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

So a face to face job offer? I didn't think people did that. It could lead to some awkward moments.

Oh, and something else I think is fantastic? I love that my office only has one single urinal in the bathrooms here. It eliminates the possibility of the creepy urinal conversation.

Thanks!

You know the hidden perk of this job? I don't have to look like a professional aka I can grow a beard this winter. The girlfriend will be pleased :D

So a face to face job offer? I didn't think people did that. It could lead to some awkward moments.

Oh, and something else I think is fantastic? I love that my office only has one single urinal in the bathrooms here. It eliminates the possibility of the creepy urinal conversation.

I can't tell if that first part is serious or not...

You guys just love talking about facials don't you.

well, you don't, so the void has to be filled somehow ... :bag:

EDIT: guess i should throw my own bit of fantastic-ness out there: long story short, cutting 60+ mile commute down to 6. got a phone call several months back regarding a position way closer to my house. given the environment, long, drawn-out hiring process is not at all uncommon. so i interviewed over the phone with a few of the execs, and they said they'd get back to me. that was in june.

last week, i got the request to send and updated resume, highlighting key points from the revamped job description. read over the position details, tailored my resume, sent it back to them, and in return, they sent a "letter of commitment" for me to sign, should the company move forward with a contract they're attempting to win. according to them, they're on a *very* short list of competing organizations for this contract. they expect to know by the end of next week if they win the contract.

so while it's not a lock, it's pretty F'N fantastic if it does go through. and even if it doesn't, i still work for a great company, and that's really great in and of itself.

Edited by Chris_in_UT

They have the divider between the urinals here at my work, but still some people just don't get it. A simple "hello" isn't even acceptable when standing next to someone at the urinal.

edit. Reminded me of this urinal game..

Some tough scenarios there..

Got the job. It's nothing groundbreaking but boy does it feel good to be back in the working world again. Thank you all for your good mojo

Congrats!

Edited by Claude_Verret

They have the divider between the urinals here at my work, but still some people just don't get it. A simple "hello" isn't even acceptable when standing next to someone at the urinal.

edit. Reminded me of this urinal game..

Some tough scenarios there..

Wow, I haven't seen that game in ages. Strangely enough, a girl sent that game to me back when I was in college.

And as for the dividers, unless they go all the way up to the ceiling and stick out from the wall about 3 feet, they're useless. There should be no conversation, no eye contact, nothing at all the second you walk through that door. It's awkward enough when anyone else's presence is even acknowledged.

Damn I'm jealous. They play Charlotte on Tuesday and I was going to go but I have a stupid work event I have to attend that night. I've read that the string section is awesome and really adds something special to some of the older songs. Enjoy.

Listening to this at work today

Oh won't you please welcome home...RUSH!!!

Wish I was going.

Rush was the first concert I ever went to. May 9, 1981. I was twelve. Somehow, my brother convinced my parents to let me go with him, ya know, being the responsible 17 year old that he was :blink: .

Moving Pictures tour, the Aud.

F'N Fantastic!

Wish I was going.

Rush was the first concert I ever went to. May 9, 1981. I was twelve. Somehow, my brother convinced my parents to let me go with him, ya know, being the responsible 17 year old that he was :blink: .

F'N Fantastic!

No ######? My Dad was at that show! Was that the show with all the lasers? He mentioned some show with lasers he saw, I think that was it.

He still has the concert t-shirt.

No ######? My Dad was at that show! Was that the show with all the lasers? He mentioned some show with lasers he saw, I think that was it.

There's still plenty of lasers, lights and video screen stuff at a Rush show. As the band themselves often say, since they're not much to look at, they had to create a light and screen show to provide something interesting for the audience.

Anyone who was anyone had lasers back then. If I remember correctly, the laser projected the image on the 2112 cover, among other stuff. Probably still does. I also remember a movie of Red Barchetta.

Since I now have a real job and since I left my 37" Vizio with my Roommate in Buffalo, I decided I could go get a new tv. I had done some research and decided before tax, the Tv could cost no more than 600$, had to be 120hz, 1080p, and at least 40". Basically I wanted to upgrade from what I left behind. I also really wanted to try and get an LED. I knew it was going to be a task to get a decent tv for the price I wanted. When it comes to TV's I am a bit of label bitch. So we go and we look and there are 2 tv's that fit the price range and specs. One is a 42" LG LCD the other is a 40" Samsung LED. Now I know that LCD and LED are technically the same it is just that 1 has better contrast and color. So I am like well IDK. The guy comes over and is talking and I keep going back and forth not knowing what to do. Finally the guy is like, Wait a second I think that we have a bigger LED tv for only like 100 bucks more. So we go and look and the guy is wrong... they have a 47" LG LED for 600$ and it has all the other specs I want. So I got it and I love it. The reason it was 600$? It was last years model... the new one has an extra HDMI port and a sleeker case... and is 300$ more... DEF WIN!!! got a bigger TV that is exactly what I want for the price I wanted. FANTASTIC!!!!

Wish I was going.

F'N Fantastic!

They were my first show two... of course, it was much later than your show since I never actually went to a concert until I was in college

Almost done with my first week back on the job. F'N Fantastic.

I want to give Friday props to the DC Shoe Company. I've been trying all week to pick a pair of my boots or shoes that would be comfortable on my feet for eight hours a day. My old Timberlands couldn't get it done, nor could my Nikes. Tried various insoles. Gave up. Yesterday I got desperate and resurrected an old pair of Etnies Calicuts that I wore out about three years ago. Duct taped em up and they were...good enough. So I went to that skater kid store in the mall and got a pair of the closest shoes I could find, some DC Court Graffik SE's. my god are these shoes comfortable. F'N Fantastic!