F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Hopped on the (read: "a") bike for the first time this millenium. Thought I'd try biking to work. 30 miles. Made it 10.5 before I gave in to handle bar blisters and "other discomforts." But still ... over 10 miles for the first ride in a long-a time? I'm not disappointed. Sore as hell, but not disappointed.

Edit: Oh! 1 away from the 1000-post milestone!

Buy a pair of cycling gloves and learn where your "sit bones" are. Both will reduce the "other discomforts." (With the gloves, you will be more comfortable distributing more of your weight on the bars.) Also, if it truly has been 12 years, you may want to take it to your local cycle shop and make sure everything is properly adjusted for your height--that means the saddle and the handlebars.

Buy a pair of cycling gloves and learn where your "sit bones" are. Both will reduce the "other discomforts." (With the gloves, you will be more comfortable distributing more of your weight on the bars.) Also, if it truly has been 12 years, you may want to take it to your local cycle shop and make sure everything is properly adjusted for your height--that means the saddle and the handlebars.

I second all of this. Having a saddle that holds you properly and properly adjusted handlebars makes all the difference. It will take you a little while to get used to sitting on a bike again but you should stop noticing it soon.

Sounds like a good time. In the 10 years I've been down here I've yet to attend a NC State, UNC, Duke, Wake Forest etc. football game. Plenty of basketball games, but never football. I need to change that this year.

The tailgating at State games used to be legendary from I've heard, until there was a double homicide before a game about 8 years ago.

A Duke-UNC game, especially at Duke, is a truly great sports experience.

Did a refi on the house. The appraisal came back WAY higher than we were expecting. So much so that we are not going to have to pay PMI. F"N Fantastic.

So jealous; I'm lucky they were able to refi my house without an appraisal! Congrats, man. I'm still hoping Congress will get their sh!t together and the PMI deduction will still be available to me come tax time.

Not much on my end other than the stinky co-worker is out, so the lab air is considerably more breathable today. Now if I can get out of here before 7pm, it really will be F'N fantastic.

Also fantastic: today's conversation in the CBA thread. Entertaining stuff.

Edited by biodork

So jealous; I'm lucky they were able to refi my house without an appraisal! Congrats, man. I'm still hoping Congress will get their sh!t together and the PMI deduction will still be available to me come tax time.

Not much on my end other than the stinky co-worker is out, so the lab air is considerably more breathable today. Now if I can get out of here before 7pm, it really will be F'N fantastic.

Also fantastic: today's conversation in the CBA thread. Entertaining stuff.

We were initially counting on that, as well. We missed the initial cutoff date because even though we signed for our last mortgage in June of "09, it didn't get processed until July. This is better though.

Saturday is the wedding of a good friend whom I haven't seen in a couple of months, and by this time next week, I will be halfway through a much-needed vacation in the Dominican Republic. As an added bonus, that also buys me time away from the political circus that has consumed so much of my time the last several weeks. Truly F'N Fantastic.

And good luck to d4rksabre on your interview today! Hopefully you'll have cause to post later.

We need a pic of Ms Bio smoking a Dominican cigar with a malt at her side. I would nominate that for sbarespace banner in a heartbeat!

Haha, thanks, but you saw how fair-skinned I am; between the bright sunlight and white sand, it'd be like trying to photograph a vampire. ;)

Haha, thanks, but you saw how fair-skinned I am; between the bright sunlight and white sand, it'd be like trying to photograph a vampire. ;)

Maybe there will be a tropical storm and it will cure the sky and the sand? Darnit! :doh: Then the wedding will be ruined. When will I ever learn how to shut up? ;)

You've got the goods missy. Have no doubt. If you're a vampire, then call me a big ol' bag of Ab negative..........

We need a pic of Ms Bio smoking a Dominican cigar with a malt at her side. I would nominate that for sbarespace banner in a heartbeat!

I'm actually surprised that we don't have something like that right now, but with an owner on one side and a player on the other. The owner can have the cigar and malt and the player gets miller light or something like that.

So I've lost track of the time line here. When did you interview for this one? And while it may be nothing ground breaking, a foot in the door is a foot in the door.

First interview was last Friday. Interviewed again this morning. 7 days felt like a month haha

Can you discuss what you'll be doing?

Sure. Just warehouse work. Picking and packing orders for the company behind a few different coffee sales websites. Their primary one is http://www.wholelattelove.com (everyone groan together now at the punny name :lol:)

It should be good work. Good location, good pay, good people, healthcare available after 90 days, and a good business model.

So if anyone is looking for Christmas present ideas... :P

Edited by d4rksabre

Sure. Just warehouse work. Picking and packing orders for the company behind a few different coffee sales websites. Their primary one is http://www.wholelattelove.com (everyone groan together now at the punny name :lol:)

It should be good work. Good location, good pay, good people, healthcare available after 90 days, and a good business model.

So if anyone is looking for Christmas present ideas... :P

Do it to the best of your abilities. You'll profit for it.

Oh, and, "Just warehouse work"? Be proud. You aren't part of the 47% anyomore. :D

Got the job. It's nothing groundbreaking but boy does it feel good to be back in the working world again. Thank you all for your good mojo :lol:

http://youtu.be/pM8QA5ZX6fI

Congratulations!

Now you have your chance to show them what you really have to offer. Work hard and it will payoff.

Outstanding!

Do it to the best of your abilities. You'll profit for it.

Oh, and, "Just warehouse work"? Be proud. You aren't part of the 47% anyomore. :D

They don't know what they just got themselves into. They better hope that warehouse is set up properly or I'm going to be in there on a Saturday with a tape measure and a clip board.

I am proud. When I interviewed last week I thought "this would be a good place to work", and I look forward to making that true. I'll be forever grateful to them for extending me a hand when I needed it.