2011 Stanley Cup Finals

Taro T

I agree on both points. The only things worse than the green men is their sock enhancements and the imposters in the other rinks trying the same shtick.

I'm so disillusioned. Here I thought everyone from BC had an armadillo in their trousers.

Anyone else dislike Doc Emerick like me?? All I think of is the New Jersey Freakin Devils everytime I hear his voice.

I can't dislike him at all. He's the best PBP man (by far) in the NHL. He's gotten a little to cute with his shtick lately, but I'll take him over any hockey PBP man out there...with RJ as a very close second.

Here's hoping the rest of the finals is anything like Game 1.

Anyone else dislike Doc Emerick like me?? All I think of is the New Jersey Freakin Devils everytime I hear his voice.

Also, whats up with NBC coverage? They won't show "The Green Men" anymore when the B's get a penalty? Thats pretty lame!

The sign they did have was hilarious. "Kick his ass Seabass" and "Make it two Boilermakers!" Hahahha. Awesome signs from the Green Men, you could barely see it on NBC.

Great win 'Nucks! Kill Boston!

I've been watching CBC. Much better hockey feel.

I can't dislike him at all. He's the best PBP man (by far) in the NHL. He's gotten a little to cute with his shtick lately, but I'll take him over any hockey PBP man out there...with RJ as a very close second.

Here's hoping the rest of the finals is anything like Game 1.

The first time I heard him I didn't like him too much, I thought his voice was weird and that he was kind of quirky. After years of listening to him I think he's one of the best. It seems like he always finds a way to use the word "helter skelter" in every broadcast lol

Can't ask for much more in game one of the Finals. Let's hope the rest are just as good!

Yeah that game might have been the most exciting 1-0 game i've seen in quite some time. Nice physical play (that hip check brought me back a bit), great saves, and a game winner with seconds on the clock.

If this is how the series is gonna go I can't wait. (plus it helped that 'the Couv' pulled out the W :thumbsup: )

I can honestly say that I don't want to see either team win

Reasons

Boston to lose

- They are Boston and I can't stand any team from that area of the US

- They have Chara, who is one of the dirtiest players in the game

- Its Boston

Boston to win

- Tim Thomas seems likeable

- I'm from welland and 2 local boys are playing for them (Horton and Paille), i always wanted to see buffalo have a line with Horton, Paille and Ellis making an all Welland Line somehow

Vancouver to win

- they are a good team, Luongo is a good goalie who is usually roasted by the fans and media (kinda similar to what people around here do to Miller)

Vancouver to lose

- Hate to see them win a cup before buffalo

- Torres, another one of Darcys great pickups

- I cannot stand the attitude of the Canadian hockey fans right now. Vancouver has less Canadians on their roster than Boston, and more Americans than Boston, yet YOU HAVE TO BE CHEERING FOR VANCOUVER TO WIN so the cup "comes back to Canada where it belongs :rolleyes: ", like winning the Stanley Cup is going to immediatly make us into a world super power and command respect from the rest of the world.

it was a good game last night, refs were terrible with their calls, but atleast they were terrible both ways

Besides, we all seem to agree that we want Darcy to target Bieska, but his price keeps going up and up! If the Nucks win, his asking price will be that much more. We may have to target someone else on D...any ideas??? Looking at the list of unrestricted free agents this summer, there isn't much to pick from. Steve Montador looks good (if we re-sign him). Heck, Nathan Paetch looks as good as many available!

Maybe we'll bring him and Rivet back LOL...

What the hell is that???

I don't know, but I like how he rolls Raffi's R. Would have expected a little more roll in Torres, though.

- I cannot stand the attitude of the Canadian hockey fans right now. Vancouver has less Canadians on their roster than Boston, and more Americans than Boston, yet YOU HAVE TO BE CHEERING FOR VANCOUVER TO WIN so the cup "comes back to Canada where it belongs :rolleyes: ", like winning the Stanley Cup is going to immediatly make us into a world super power and command respect from the rest of the world.

Is that really much different than wanting to bring the Cup to Buffalo using a team with only one kid from Buffalo?

I can honestly say that I don't want to see either team win

Reasons

Boston to lose

- They are Boston and I can't stand any team from that area of the US

- They have Chara, who is one of the dirtiest players in the game

- Its Boston

Boston to win

- Tim Thomas seems likeable

- I'm from welland and 2 local boys are playing for them (Horton and Paille), i always wanted to see buffalo have a line with Horton, Paille and Ellis making an all Welland Line somehow

Vancouver to win

- they are a good team, Luongo is a good goalie who is usually roasted by the fans and media (kinda similar to what people around here do to Miller)

Vancouver to lose

- Hate to see them win a cup before buffalo

- Torres, another one of Darcys great pickups

it was a good game last night, refs were terrible with their calls, but atleast they were terrible both ways

Well I for one never said that and actually I could care less whether the cup comes back to Canada. My dream is that the cup finds a home in Buffalo. Its not Canadas game,it belongs to the world. In my opinion the day hockey is embraced by everyone much like world cup soccer is worldwide would be a great day for hockey.

Well I for one never said that and actually I could care less whether the cup comes back to Canada. My dream is that the cup finds a home in Buffalo. Its not Canadas game,it belongs to the world. In my opinion the day hockey is embraced by everyone much like world cup soccer is worldwide would be a great day for hockey.

I have to disagree with you my fellow British Columbian. Is it our game? No, but are we as a Nation not more passionate about hockey than the US??? I want the Cup in Vancouver, my hometown city. It's time. And it will be our Sabres' time too!

I just need to say that I am angry that there is no game tonight, the nhl threw off my timing, now all I have to do tonight is drink and then drink more, then go to jims for a diavlo and regret the night : )

On a serious note, game 3 will suck for both teams, with the jet lag and all

All this talk about the refs and conspiracies by the league is crap. If you look at it with no bias and objectively like only someone with no emotional attachment can do you would have seen it go both ways. What about Sedin givin it to the private parts of the bruins player with his stick and no call. Thats just one example and I could go on and on with both teams getting away with it. It goes both ways and over the length of a series it evens out but all this whining about officiating by canucks fans is getting real old.

Im not a Canucks fan by any means, but I would rather see them win over Beantown. All I am saying is that the refs need to tread very lightly in this series cause any favoritism towards Boston will definitely be looked at through a microscope, especially in Canada. The refs were terrible in game 1 going both ways. Sedin looking like he got shot by an elephant gun was pitiful. I hope every game is like game 1, with Vancouver getting 4 wins first.

I just need to say that I am angry that there is no game tonight, the nhl threw off my timing, now all I have to do tonight is drink and then drink more, then go to jims for a diavlo and regret the night : )

On a serious note, game 3 will suck for both teams, with the jet lag and all

The 'nucks are used to travel and they will adjust much easier than Boston will. That's the advantage the West Coast teams have. Vancouver leaves their time zone all the time, while the Bruins just did it for the first time since they played Vancouver in Feb.

Plus, the Canucks have a "sleep expert" employed!!!

Archived