2011 Stanley Cup Finals

Taro T

Man a 5-3 for boston, I guess the penalties are deserved, but the ice seems tilted a bit

Yeah it is. Its the Gregory Campbell influence. I have no clue how Boston came out with a 5-3 after all the scrums that were going on at the end of the 1st. I saw penalties on both sides. Luongo has been stellar and is gonna have to keep playing that way to beat the officials.

That was great to see Lucic get knocked head over heels by that great hip check and even better to see Chara get taken down by a guy half his size right after. Vancouver won't be bullied, that's for sure.

What a surprise, Vancouver's 5 on 3 gets erased after about 4 seconds on a borderline call.

On another note, I wish Ed Olczyk would go away. He is such a Bruins homer.

Anyone catch Sedin's embellishment after the whistle? embarrassing

Yeah that was pretty bad. But so was Thomas's when he got tripped. He flops like Hasek used to.

Yeah it is. Its the Gregory Campbell influence. I have no clue how Boston came out with a 5-3 after all the scrums that were going on at the end of the 1st. I saw penalties on both sides. Luongo has been stellar and is gonna have to keep playing that way to beat the officials.

That was great to see Lucic get knocked head over heels by that great hip check and even better to see Chara get taken down by a guy half his size right after. Vancouver won't be bullied, that's for sure.

I thought this too until i read that the devil himself stepped down today. Shannahan is the new head of discipline.

What a surprise, Vancouver's 5 on 3 gets erased after about 4 seconds on a borderline call.

On another note, I wish Ed Olczyk would go away. He is such a Bruins homer.

I'm pretty sure everyone on NBC (National Bruins Corporation) is. I can't stand Millbury and Pierre Mcguire. They just bother me to no end.

Van in 6. Mostly because the Bruins are too proud to exploit "The System" and dive. Maybe this is just west coast hockey? I'm embarrassed sitting here with NBA fans after I went on a tirade bout the reach-in and self respect and determination.

Both teams have been diving. One call by the refs could have stopped it all. Luckily it has settled down in the third and hasn't affected the outcome.

As good as they are, this is no sho-in for the Canucks.

Both teams have been diving. One call by the refs could have stopped it all. Luckily it has settled down in the third and hasn't affected the outcome.

As good as they are, this is no sho-in for the Canucks.

When one of the Sedins just fell? The whole West has been complaining about diving.

I thought this too until i read that the devil himself stepped down today. Shannahan is the new head of discipline.

Yeah I heard this, but you can't tell me that Colon Campbell still doesn't have some influence on what happens. In the Montreal series Lucic should have been suspended for a hit, but what a big surprise, he wasn't. Campbell should have stepped down at the beginning of the playoffs if not at the beginning of the year. He shouldn't be involved in any of the decision making in the NHL anymore, too much of a conflict of interest if you ask me.......besides, he sucks at his job anyways.

I am curious as to see what Burrows gets, and it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if it was Bergeron who did the biting. If he gets more than a game, then I think Campbell may have had some influence.

Great game nonetheless. Go Nucks!!!

Prove that Burrows bit his finger. He shoved his glove into his mouth and Burrows looked like he may have bit his glove but if so, it's a fine and that's it.

Great win despite the refs. Pet peeve. When the ref is standing on the goal line watching the front of the net and he doesn't call goalie interference (because it wasn't) then the ref shouldn't be calling it either. Thomas was out of his crease and Burrows was pushed into Thomas and the ref didn't call it.

Great win though and 3 more to go for my hometown city!

Good game! Nice to see Torres get the game-winner. I would have been disappointed had it gone to OT - I thought the 'Nucks had the momentum going into the third.

Chara looked like a log there going after that puck at about 5 minutes left. I can't stand that oaf. I had visions of Myers checking and injuring him, and Chara not knowing how to react to that.

Prove that Burrows bit his finger. He shoved his glove into his mouth and Burrows looked like he may have bit his glove but if so, it's a fine and that's it.

Great win despite the refs. Pet peeve. When the ref is standing on the goal line watching the front of the net and he doesn't call goalie interference (because it wasn't) then the ref shouldn't be calling it either. Thomas was out of his crease and Burrows was pushed into Thomas and the ref didn't call it.

It was a great win and to score that goal with 18 seconds left was just an extra shot to the gut of the Bruins. That tripping call against Burrows was BS too. Like you said, he had position and didn't go out of his way to trip Thomas like jackass Olcyzk said, AND Thomas was out of his crease and he flopped as well.

I still say Vancouver in five as long as the refs - via Campbell - don't make it a seven game series.

Awesome game, but I will give the refs some credit. I do believe they actually called a fair game and made the right calls tonight. The important one they got right, which they could have very easily gotten wrong, was Kesler being onside on the Torres goal. The linesman got it right. Overall, I thought the game was called very well tonight.

Big win for the Canucks. We'll see how the rest of the series goes, but boy, Game 1 was awesome!

By the way, if Ruutu got suspended for biting, then Burrows has to be suspended. Burrows also has a bit of history going back to his days in Junior of borderline illegal plays.

It was a great win and to score that goal with 18 seconds left was just an extra shot to the gut of the Bruins. That tripping call against Burrows was BS too. Like you said, he had position and didn't go out of his way to trip Thomas like jackass Olcyzk said, AND Thomas was out of his crease and he flopped as well.

I still say Vancouver in five as long as the refs - via Campbell - don't make it a seven game series.

All this talk about the refs and conspiracies by the league is crap. If you look at it with no bias and objectively like only someone with no emotional attachment can do you would have seen it go both ways. What about Sedin givin it to the private parts of the bruins player with his stick and no call. Thats just one example and I could go on and on with both teams getting away with it. It goes both ways and over the length of a series it evens out but all this whining about officiating by canucks fans is getting real old.

Anyone else dislike Doc Emerick like me?? All I think of is the New Jersey Freakin Devils everytime I hear his voice.

Also, whats up with NBC coverage? They won't show "The Green Men" anymore when the B's get a penalty? Thats pretty lame!

The sign they did have was hilarious. "Kick his ass Seabass" and "Make it two Boilermakers!" Hahahha. Awesome signs from the Green Men, you could barely see it on NBC.

Great win 'Nucks! Kill Boston!

Sorry Rick but I have to disagree. I saw Burrows kick his skate or leg out from under him which is essentially a slewfoot. Doesn't matter where it happens on the ice. Just because a goalie is out of his crease it isn't open season on him with dirty plays. Nice win for your boys tonight. Congrats.

Enough about the refs. There was no bias for either side.

...and nobody ever needs to see the Green Men ever again,... EVER!

I agree on both points. The only things worse than the green men is their sock enhancements and the imposters in the other rinks trying the same shtick.

Archived