2011 Stanley Cup Finals

Taro T

He most definitely turns his stick over to use the tip of the stick to get him. If it was a normal slash it would have hit Bieksa in the back of the leg with the bottom side of the stick. It was a nasty bit of work. Turning the stick over like that is not a normal slashing motion. I should have worded that line about suspension differently. Do I think he should be suspended, no. But I'd say that is much worse than a perceived bite.

The refs missed the slash. It was bad but it happens all the time.

The league saw the bite. He should have been suspended.

You really are quite the homer, but I can respect that.

The refs missed the slash. It was bad but it happens all the time.

The league saw the bite. He should have been suspended.

You really are quite the homer, but I can respect that.

LOL. Not a homer at all. I really thought the league would suspend him, but it wasn't conclusive in their eyes. Even the ref, who watched it all, told Bergeron to get lost when he showed him the "evidence." The league has now seen the slash too, but no suspension will come, nor should it.

My point going forward is that the NHL didn't suspend him, so the best way to negate Burrows is to make him pay for it. The Bruins didn't make him pay, he was the best player on the ice and he had 3 points. Enough whining is my whole point. I don't want anyone suspended unless it's a dirty, dangerous, cheap hit from behind to the head. That's it. The slash was just an example.

Sorry if I came off homerish. Do I want my hometown team to win? You bet I do. But if it was Vancouver/Buffalo, it's Buffalo all the way. Let's just play hockey and may the best team win, no whining.

LOL. Not a homer at all. I really thought the league would suspend him, but it wasn't conclusive in their eyes. Even the ref, who watched it all, told Bergeron to get lost when he showed him the "evidence." The league has now seen the slash too, but no suspension will come, nor should it.

My point going forward is that the NHL didn't suspend him, so the best way to negate Burrows is to make him pay for it. The Bruins didn't make him pay, he was the best player on the ice and he had 3 points. Enough whining is my whole point. I don't want anyone suspended unless it's a dirty, dangerous, cheap hit from behind to the head. That's it. The slash was just an example.

Sorry if I came off homerish. Do I want my hometown team to win? You bet I do. But if it was Vancouver/Buffalo, it's Buffalo all the way. Let's just play hockey and may the best team win, no whining.

I hate to break it to you, but you're a homer. It's not a bad thing,.. as long as you admit it. If you don't think so, you should revisit some of your posts this entire postseason. Almost everyone mentions the refs.

I hate to break it to you, but you're a homer. It's not a bad thing,.. as long as you admit it. If you don't think so, you should revisit some of your posts this entire postseason. Almost everyone mentions the refs.

I am not a fan that likes the refs to be the show. I am all for letting the ticky tack stuff go, and only want real penalties called. Last night, Bieksa goes off after the puck clearly hit the glass and went out. Bad call. I thought one of the calls against Rome was weak. The call against the Bruin for taking down jack sparrow (Lapierre) was gawd awful. My point is, don't call nothing. Call real penalties where guys are getting a scoring chance taken away from them.

As for your link, I saw those calls and stand by 3 of them being extremely weak.

If you like the refs being the show, that's cool, but I'm all for letting the players who have gotten this far, settle it on their own. Don't make stuff up. Call real infractions. A home won't admit when calls that are made for his team are weak.

Anyway, I do hope the Canucks win, fair and square. Good day to you sir. Hope I haven't ruined my reputation here.

Wahhhhhh, Burrows shouldn't have been playing last night. Now people know how we feel when Richards finished game 6 and 7 and killed us in both games after blatantly destroying Connolly from behind. The NHL is a bush league when it comes to discipline, and hopefully Shanny will fix that and not take any crap.

FWIW, the last thing I want to see is the B's win this series. Not only would it be awful to allow Boston fans to point out how every major league Boston team has won a championship in the last 5 years, but the B's style of play imho is bad for hockey.

With that said, there is no way that slash deserves a suspension.

Let the debate begin.

Good hit or bad.

I say interference and a tad late.

Blindside like the VS guys are clamoring? No.

Late hit to the head? Definitely.

Too bad, Horton is a talented player. Tough way to go out.

This is one hard hitting game. What a joy to watch this. Hopefully this is the type of game the sabres will be able to play when they start to reap the benefits of all of these big tough draft picks they have in the pipeline.

Good thing Shanahan took over. Had Colie still been in place this would be overlooked because of conflict of interest. Same thing that happened when Richards took out David Booth, he didn't rule on that one because his son played for the Panthers at the time.

Let the debate begin.

Good hit or bad.

I say interference and a tad late.

Beyond late. well beyond. ten game suspension

The hits in this series have been unbelievable...

A tad late? Campbell's hit on Umberger was a "tad" late. This was a month and a half late.

O.K. I admit after watching it a few thousand times my choice of words in describing what I initially saw may have been poor but it was late and that was all I was getting at. :thumbsup:

That's Prolly true, but the hit was clean, maybe late but if there wasn't an injury then wed be talking about this differently.

Its true it was a shoulder and clean in that sense but doesn't the fact that it was late make it dirty?

That's Prolly true, but the hit was clean, maybe late but if there wasn't an injury then wed be talking about this differently.

It'll be interesting to see how the league handles it. IMO the rule changes for head hits don't cover this one. #1 his head wasn't targeted and #2, it was a north/south hit, not a lateral or blindside hit. But it was late and certainly interference as the pass was gone two strides earlier. And the contact with the ice did the damage. Hitter can't control that.

Wouldn't suprise me at all if the league determines time served (game misconduct) is appropriate punishment. And IMO a longer suspension would be wrong simply because the only rule broken was basically interference.

If they want to get rid of these hits they need to ammend the rules for next season. Middle of playoffs isn't the time to change the interpretation of the rule book.

Archived