2011 Stanley Cup Finals

Taro T

Agreed, series should have started on Sunday or Monday. It should be a bonus to get through the playoffs quickly so your team can rest. Boston goes 7 and still gets five days off to heal. Ridiculous.

The ratings are already going to be bad for NBC with having a Canadian team in the finals - no way they were going to allow having a game on a holiday weekend.

My rule of thumb is to never root for a team that hasn't yet won a cup to win one before the Sabres do, but it's going to be damn near impossible for me to root for the Bruins here. I have despised that team beyond words can describe ever since Brad Park's OT winner in game 7 in the 1983 playoffs. Vancouver in 5.

The ratings are already going to be bad for NBC with having a Canadian team in the finals - no way they were going to allow having a game on a holiday weekend.

If they somehow tried to make it a battle of USA. vs Canada I think it would attract more of an audience. I know that whenever there's a Canadian team playing in the finals, I root for the American team, no matter who it is. I have a hard time rooting for Boston though. But I think the only way to help hockey in the USA is to have a promiment American team win it against those Canucks.

Sorry Rickshaw and Bunomatic I was really rooting for Vancover but now that I have seen this, not quite the Canadian representation I imagined.

This kind of thing can make chowder heads seem like normal people and Boston the team to root for. ;)

First and foremost I am a sabre fan and that makes it hard for me to root for any other team. Although I do live in close proximity to Vancouver and have seen them live on numerous occasions that doesn't make me a canuck fan. At times I absolutely detest them(when they play Buffalo) but that doesn't make it impossible for me to agree with Rickshaw that they are currently an incredible team. I predicted Vancouver Boston in the final and think Van should win but also wouldn't count Boston out. I'd be happy with a 7 game series into triple o.t. in the final game just to prolong the season.

First and foremost I am a sabre fan and that makes it hard for me to root for any other team. Although I do live in close proximity to Vancouver and have seen them live on numerous occasions that doesn't make me a canuck fan. At times I absolutely detest them(when they play Buffalo) but that doesn't make it impossible for me to agree with Rickshaw that they are currently an incredible team. I predicted Vancouver Boston in the final and think Van should win but also wouldn't count Boston out. I'd be happy with a 7 game series into triple o.t. in the final game just to prolong the season.

I know that from your posts brother and was just joshing.

I actually picked Vancover for the western team representative and like them to win it all. I just can't get myself to root for Boston besides a Canadian team hasn't won one(SC) in awhile so some might say your country is due, if you agree to trade the GOLD for Silver. ;)

Thinking about this series. I don't see how Boston can win it except for Tim Thomas standing on his head for 7 straight games.

There is no edge for Boston except for goal.

Vancouver is faster, more talented, deeper offensively, deeper defensively, better on both special units, and more disciplined.

This could be a short series.

(I hope I'm wrong about the last part).

Thinking about this series. I don't see how Boston can win it except for Tim Thomas standing on his head for 7 straight games.

There is no edge for Boston except for goal.

Vancouver is faster, more talented, deeper offensively, deeper defensively, better on both special units, and more disciplined.

This could be a short series.

(I hope I'm wrong about the last part).

I agree, but IMO they looked like a significantly better team than Chicago. They were an OT bounce away from losing that thing.

Well, if lucic, chara and others decide to get dirty, then boston has a chance.....some injuries can change a series and boston def. Has the ability to play dirty

If they get dirty they better injure....

The last thing Boston wants to do is put Vancouver on the PP IMO.

If they get dirty they better injure....

The last thing Boston wants to do is put Vancouver on the PP IMO.

That's def for sure, vancouvers PP is insane right now. But imagine how the series would turn if daniel or hendrick got knocked out. Im sure torres and the boys would make sure the casulties equaled out, but I wouldn't put that past the Bruins

That's def for sure, vancouvers PP is insane right now. But imagine how the series would turn if daniel or hendrick got knocked out. Im sure torres and the boys would make sure the casulties equaled out, but I wouldn't put that past the Bruins

Vancouver has actually been the more physical team in the playoffs IMO.

Boston has been afraid to take penalties...their Kill has been average...and they aren't fast enough to recover from a hitting if they are out of position.

I think Boston will go to the 1-2-2 and just counter-attack. I don't think they can try to skate with Vancouver for more than a shift here and there, especially on the road.

Vancouver has actually been the more physical team in the playoffs IMO.

Boston has been afraid to take penalties...their Kill has been average...and they aren't fast enough to recover from a hitting if they are out of position.

I think Boston will go to the 1-2-2 and just counter-attack. I don't think they can try to skate with Vancouver for more than a shift here and there, especially on the road.

I defintely agree with the bolded above and I actually thought TB had more offense and speed and might have had a slightly better chance then the B's however then TT stood on his head a few games and really made a difference in the end over the 7 games a bit more then Rollie.

Still they have to play em to decide and the Canucks have really sat for a long time now so sometimes a team can lose it's edge although I wouldn't expect that to last more than a game ot two. Nucks in 5

For anyone who wants to see Boston win, think of this first.....Chara and golden boy Campbell skating around w the cup!!! Any real hockey fan would throw up at just the thought of this. I just threw up in my mouth thinking about it. It should be interesting to see how the games are called with Campbell playing. The NHL better tread lightly.

Go Vancouver!!!!!

I think this is going to be closer than we think. A speedy Tampa team was probably the best warmup Boston could have asked for to get ready for Vancouver. The Canuck's D is just better than Tampa's so if I had to pick a winner, I would have to say Vancouver in seven.

Man, days with hockey are so much better than days without it.

I think this is going to be closer than we think. A speedy Tampa team was probably the best warmup Boston could have asked for to get ready for Vancouver. The Canuck's D is just better than Tampa's so if I had to pick a winner, I would have to say Vancouver in seven.

Man, days with hockey are so much better than days without it.

Agreed, I was goin through hockey withdrawl the last week or so, its gonna be a sad few months without it.....maybe well pull off something exciting and unexpected next month to keep the motor revving, and maybe, just maybe the bills will give us something to look forward to

Officials already made their presence felt.....a four minute penalty on Sedin for high sticking Chara??? Give me a break, the stick grazed him and I didn't see any blood.

Officials already made their presence felt.....a four minute penalty on Sedin for high sticking Chara??? Give me a break, the stick grazed him and I didn't see any blood.

there was blood.

In other news, It'll be bittersweet if Vancouver wins the final (they're almost a shoe in for it). I hate Boston with a passion, but Tim Thomas is a class act, and if anyone deserves a ring it's him.

Archived