SabreSpace Poster Anniversaries

carpandean

As I (and Eleven) near 6k posts, I couldn't help but notice a few posters nearing major post "anniversaries" in the near future. SwampD is approaching the 5k mark (nfreeman is not far behind), but most "impressive" (sad?) is Shrader nearing 10k.

I thought it would be fun to have a thread in which we can point out (and poke fun at) such achievements.

For the record, I believe PA leads the way with over 11k posts.

i'm posting just to see where i slot in.

and, as mentioned, the great crash had a way of recalibrating our contributions (at least from a quantitative standpoint).

EDIT: gee whiz - i'm safely below 2k. maybe the great crash didn't erase the past in quite the way i thought it did? i am happy to see that i am nearing my 5-year anniversary, though.

p.s. purely as a result of being an active member here, i sense that i generally sound like the smartest fan around when i'm gathered with a crowd to watch a game. i work hard not to be a d*ck about it (truly), but the effect of being even an average aggregator of the insights and info. posted here is to put me head-and-shoulders above the knowledge base of the overwhelming majority of fans.

I'm #2? When did that happen (based on the numbers, apparently a while ago)? The great board purge of 200? (forget the specific year) must have caused that because there used to be a good number of people ahead of me.

I remember how the board was flooded that year. NoahGoal99 got us through.

I am sorry for that joke.

I think I actually started in March of '07. The board crashed in March 2008, thus my new start date. The crash erased a full year, I completely got erased, had to start over.

Yes I recall that crash, I was a newbie poster back then yearning for more posts and to be replied too, now I just feel old.

Oh and I am also just posting to see where this post puts me number wise. I guess if I was a better poster I would know where my number is at but it just doesn't seem all that important.

Well. I have been around a while, I remember the crash, and even quite a bit before. Wasn't there a previous incarnation of this space...like waaay back in the early days? Or was I somewhere else?

I don't have too many posts. I like to read mostly, then rip-off all of your scathingly insightful comments, make them my own, and impress my friends :beer:

Seriously, though, sometimes I read too much. Some days I don't get a lot of work done, 'cuz I'm here.

So, is 1,000 posts after just 4 months bad? :unsure:

Edit: Oh, and go outside and get some sunshine you frickin' losers !!!! :lol:

Carefull now,.. It seemed to take forever to get to 1K. Then it went to 5K in the blink of an eye. You'll be there right quick.

What this board needs for all you old goons,er ...veterans, is rafters where we can hang your banners to recognize your contributions in laying a strong foundation for a very informative and entertaining place we all enjoy going to talk all things Sabres and hockey in general. I'll admit that I learn something new everyday here and following the sabres just wouldn't be the same without it.

Well. I have been around a while, I remember the crash, and even quite a bit before. Wasn't there a previous incarnation of this space...like waaay back in the early days? Or was I somewhere else?

I don't have too many posts. I like to read mostly, then rip-off all of your scathingly insightful comments, make them my own, and impress my friends :beer:

Seriously, though, sometimes I read too much. Some days I don't get a lot of work done, 'cuz I'm here.

I absolutely remember a previous incarnation of this, or some other, board from back in the day. I'm certain that one or two of the posters that are here now were on that board - maybe 10 years ago or so?

Archived