SabreSpace Poster Anniversaries

carpandean

256 posts and still trying...can't wait until I reach the vaunted 1000 posts. However, I'm not sure what that says for me since I first posted in 2007 and only have 256 posts to show after 4 years? :doh:

I'd say it probably means you've actually got a life, but your worrying about what so few posts say makes me think the original assumption might be a bit presumptuous. :P

256 posts and still trying...can't wait until I reach the vaunted 1000 posts. However, I'm not sure what that says for me since I first posted in 2007 and only have 256 posts to show after 4 years? :doh:

That means you probably had an epic life since 2007....WIN

I think the anniversaries should also be based on date of joining saberspace. I'll have been joined for five years come early May! That counts for something......right?

Indeed it should.

I'll bet 5 bucks that your 506 posts have more quality-per-post than do my 5K.

Also, 506 is the area code for New Brunswick, which is not interesting at all, even if one happens to live in New Brunswick. But never mind that, on to southern Minnesota with you!

Indeed it should.

I'll bet 5 bucks that your 506 posts have more quality-per-post than do my 5K.

Also, 506 is the area code for New Brunswick, which is not interesting at all, even if one happens to live in New Brunswick. But never mind that, on to southern Minnesota with you!

I wouldn't want to take you up on that bet. :P

(Of course I wouldn't want to put my 4k up against your 5k either. :beer: )

I think the anniversaries should also be based on date of joining saberspace. I'll have been joined for five years come early May! That counts for something......right?

Huh, I saw some of your posts recently and thought you were a new poster. Then I looked at your profile and saw the name change. I wish this site would announce those things because they always seem to sneak up on me... well, other than Deluca's changes which are always pretty obvious (and worth a few laughs)

I would make a radical proposal.

Remove post count and join date. Instead of "evaluating" a post or poster based on longevity or quantity, use a traditional +/- hockey system. We already have the plus.

Also, don't allow people to change their screen names.

Remove post count and join date. Instead of "evaluating" a post or poster based on longevity or quantity, use a traditional +/- hockey system. We already have the plus.

Why stop there.. How about no avatar changes? Did that make you start twitching? You've had the current one for a few weeks now. You're due for a change.... :lol:

By the way, I always thought your Clint, get off my lawn one was perfect for your message board persona..

The screen name changing is kind of fun. Plus, it's completely trackable, so what's the harm.

I put no stock into post counts. All it shows is who has wasted more time on here (and that's not a shot at you, PA, it's directed squarely at my own feet).

The post count is nice for recognizing who is new - welcoming them and such

On that note, maybe I'm losing my mind, but lately it seems like that plus system has been used a bit more lately. I'm noticing some pretty random posts that have that little green +1 lately.

On that note, maybe I'm losing my mind, but lately it seems like that plus system has been used a bit more lately. I'm noticing some pretty random posts that have that little green +1 lately.

What a great post! I was compelled to give it a plus 1.

There are sites where "rep scores" are the end all and be all and the same half dozen people give each other "rep points" all day long. :death:

Noticed that since I got modded my +/- green box is gone. My rep is stuck at 54.

Archived