Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

St.Bonaventure (his alum) wasn't included in the tourney, he was upset, people razed him, he got angry and left. I get both sides of it, and have no wish to rehash it, but I really wish he'd come back and post. Dude knew his hockey

Well, I finally heard back from one recruiter. Job's already been taken. On one hand I really didn't want to work there, so I guess that's good. But still, the hunt continues

When I checked the tourney thread, I came to the conclusion that the idea he left in anger was overblown. There's really nothing to see there.

Is it possible... Hoss... has... a life????

I hope. Docs were really concentrating on the cardiac stuff though. Every time I get a dizzy spell now I think heart. Im worried. Cant get to that cardiac appt soon enough.

Aaaaaaand after an evening spent in ER (had another episode), the initial diagnosis is vertigo.  Follow up with GP next week.

One more complaint before I hit the sack.

Those sticky pads they use to put vital sign sensors on you in the hospital are made of material that removes all hair, the top layer of skin, and I swear a layer of subcutaneous fat as well.  I'm pretty sure the guy who designed that adhesive is a sick, twisted mother F'er.

I fear those circular bald spots on my chest and belly may never grow back.  I'll have to do some serious manscaping to not look ridiculous for the rest of my life.

St.Bonaventure (his alum) wasn't included in the tourney, he was upset, people razed him, he got angry and left. I get both sides of it, and have no wish to rehash it, but I really wish he'd come back and post. Dude knew his hockey

Well, I finally heard back from one recruiter. Job's already been taken. On one hand I really didn't want to work there, so I guess that's good. But still, the hunt continues.

Wow, so I read the exchange and I didn't even think that came close to worthy of being so upset you would leave.

I wondered that myself.

My guess: A combination of (1) "Holy smokes, I spend altogether too much time here"; (2) "On balance, do I enjoy being here? I get so aggravated with some of the regulars here"; (3) "I need to concentrate more on other stuff (work, studies) and this place is a time-suck"; (4) "I'm an aspiring member of the media, and I am just giving away my work product on a message board"; (5) "Fffuuucccckk - I'm not really even anonymous here because so many people know who I am".

I could see this and this :lol:

My complaint for this week, and every week, continues to be Volkswagen and the TDI scandal. 

Finally got some new info this week that looks like VW will have to have its settlement/buyback plan submitted by June 21st. Hopefully we'll get some concrete details at that point. Then we have to wait till the end of July for the gubmint to approve the plan. 

Fingers crossed they'll be ready to start handing out settlement checks and buying cars back by August, because I'd like to resolve this situation before winter gets here. 

So bad it just might be good?

I doubt it. 

One more complaint before I hit the sack.

Those sticky pads they use to put vital sign sensors on you in the hospital are made of material that removes all hair, the top layer of skin, and I swear a layer of subcutaneous fat as well.  I'm pretty sure the guy who designed that adhesive is a sick, twisted mother F'er.

I fear those circular bald spots on my chest and belly may never grow back.  I'll have to do some serious manscaping to not look ridiculous for the rest of my life.

Aw duuuude. First of all, I'm really super glad everything's ok, as evidenced by the awesome thread yesterday. 

And yes...those things are awful. After my heart surgery, like a week later, we were at a restaurant when my mom just happened to run her hand down my back and found another that I had somehow missed in the shower, and laying on the bed, etc. I'd had so many of the damn things. But as bad as that was, I can't imagine it with swaths of manly hairs in the way. 

No real complaints for once, just trying to ignore the voices in my head telling me my work isn't going to be good enough. So instead I'm spending the next week just making a ton of logos hopefully. I want this job, dammit. I want to do everything I can so if they turn me down, I know it wasn't from lack of trying. 

It's my step mom's birthday today and she's with her terminal mother. My dad said she's very likely to pass this week. She has a DNR but her husband isn't ready to let go.

I'm about to go on vacation for a while and my gramma is not doing well. She's incredibly weak and hasn't been eating very much. I'm really worried today is going to be the last day I see my gramma.

Aw duuuude. First of all, I'm really super glad everything's ok, as evidenced by the awesome thread yesterday. 

And yes...those things are awful. After my heart surgery, like a week later, we were at a restaurant when my mom just happened to run her hand down my back and found another that I had somehow missed in the shower, and laying on the bed, etc. I'd had so many of the damn things. But as bad as that was, I can't imagine it with swaths of manly hairs in the way. 

No real complaints for once, just trying to ignore the voices in my head telling me my work isn't going to be good enough. So instead I'm spending the next week just making a ton of logos hopefully. I want this job, dammit. I want to do everything I can so if they turn me down, I know it wasn't from lack of trying. 

Crush it you will.

My wife is somewhat allergic to cats and it's finally come to a head so we're trying to find homes for our three furry kids. I'm sad about it even though I know that I'm a jerk and once they're in their new places they'll be happy and I won't miss them as much as I think I will. I'm not sure if I'm complaining about the cats at this point or the realization that I'm a terrible person.

It's my step mom's birthday today and she's with her terminal mother. My dad said she's very likely to pass this week. She has a DNR but her husband isn't ready to let go.

I'm about to go on vacation for a while and my gramma is not doing well. She's incredibly weak and hasn't been eating very much. I'm really worried today is going to be the last day I see my gramma.

Sorry to 'hear' that.

Enjoy the day w/ your gramma & try to enjoy the vacation. If she does pass while you're gone, it won't have been your fault. And if she holds on until you're back, maybe she really couldn't leave w/out seeing you at least 1 extra time. I hope you see her many more times.

:(

My wife is somewhat allergic to cats and it's finally come to a head so we're trying to find homes for our three furry kids. I'm sad about it even though I know that I'm a jerk and once they're in their new places they'll be happy and I won't miss them as much as I think I will. I'm not sure if I'm complaining about the cats at this point or the realization that I'm a terrible person.

I'm a sucker for self-loathing. 

Be good to yourself, sir.

Also: I went to a show a few weeks back and the singer introduced one tune with a long story and then something about how: "So I decided it was time to rid my life of hypocritical, bigoted, awful people. ... But then I realized that included me. ... So instead of really doing something about the problem I'd become, I wrote a song about it."

Edited by That Aud Smell

Sorry to 'hear' that.

Enjoy the day w/ your gramma & try to enjoy the vacation. If she does pass while you're gone, it won't have been your fault. And if she holds on until you're back, maybe she really couldn't leave w/out seeing you at least 1 extra time. I hope you see her many more times.

All this, qwk, plus I bet she wants you to go, have a good time and not worry about her. From a few of the things you've written and private conversations we've had, it's clear what you've done for her is pretty remarkable. To have done it at your age makes it even moreso. You can't be superhuman. You've earned a break and deserve and need this time with your lady. Safe travels.

All this, qwk, plus I bet she wants you to go, have a good time and not worry about her. From a few of the things you've written and private conversations we've had, it's clear what you've done for her is pretty remarkable. To have done it at your age makes it even moreso. You can't be superhuman. You've earned a break and deserve and need this time with your lady. Safe travels.

So well stated.

Qwk,

I will add my voice to the many others and say that I am sorry to hear this update on your gramma's situation.

These times are very difficult to know what is best.  I think, as others have stated, that you need this time away.

From what you are saying it seems that your gramma has come to the conclusion that it is time, but that she also seems to realize that a number of her loved ones are not completely ready for her to pass on to the next and better life.  When you are all ready she will leave and I hope that does not sound cruel.  That is the way it is.  When Jake passed away he gave us an incredible week in order for us to prepare.  It does not make it any easier, but it does help and they know it.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Nothing specific to add to the above eloquence, qwk, but I feel it.

Live and endure.

I'll add to it. And it's a complaint, too. I never had a grandparent to care about. One died before I was born, one died when I was a baby, another died when I was very young (I remember him; he was quite mean and meant nothing to any of us) and I knew the fourth as a kid, but because of petty family squabbling between her and her daughter-in-law (my mother), she was also not a grandmother to any of us. As much as my heart aches for qwk's situation right now, I would have loved to have had that feeling, because of everything that would have preceded it, ya know?