Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Panic attacks suck.

This awful job search process (I'm too "creative" for corporate work at agencies apparently...), my dad being ill, just all the stress piled on me at work and made worse by lack of communication... I wake up drenched in sweat with a pounding heart thinking "oh no, it's the stomach flu". Feel like death for a awhile, talk myself down, breathing exercises... and wake up not sick the next day. Well, at least I hope I'm not. I guess it's better than actually having the flu. 

But these are very new for me. 

Edited by Josie914

My coworker has been suffering panic attacks for a few months now due to family and some job stresses.  Her doctor finally said you need to take a leave from work and shut it down for awhile.  She's gone for the next 6 weeks.  It's a unionized government job so that's an option.  I'm guessing you can't just 'shut it down' for 6 weeks.  Sorry to hear, she's been a different person entirely over the past 6 months while having these panic attacks.

My complaint: now I have to cover mine and her job for the next month and a half.  Guess I'm not taking many summer holidays.....

My coworker has been suffering panic attacks for a few months now due to family and some job stresses.  Her doctor finally said you need to take a leave from work and shut it down for awhile.  She's gone for the next 6 weeks.  It's a unionized government job so that's an option.  I'm guessing you can't just 'shut it down' for 6 weeks.  Sorry to hear, she's been a different person entirely over the past 6 months while having these panic attacks.

My complaint: now I have to cover mine and her job for the next month and a half.  Guess I'm not taking many summer holidays.....

Aw man. Nope, no way for me to "take it easy". And looking at your complaint, even if I could, I probably wouldn't haha 

I'm off today to get ready for our big paintball outing and I'm still checking my work messages every 5 seconds making sure I didn't screw anyone over (despite having it on the calendar for 3 months, my bosses still acted crestfallen when I reminded them last week of my absence, one tried to talk me out of it. Me, the employee who RARELY if EVER takes time off....). 

But yeah, I'm definitely not a person I like. Haven't been for a couple years with this job. I swear I used to be more fun... 

Fences.

and slivers.

and having all this old audio gear that isn't worth so little that I can throw it away but isn't worth enough to make it worth my while to sell either, and it still does what I need it to do but with a lot more work than if I bought new stuff but because it still works I can't justify buying new stuff to my wife.

and thinly sliced cheese.

Fences.

and slivers.

and having all this old audio gear that isn't worth so little that I can throw it away but isn't worth enough to make it worth my while to sell either, and it still does what I need it to do but with a lot more work than if I bought new stuff but because it still works I can't justify buying new stuff to my wife.

and thinly sliced cheese.

Im expecting that your throw away audio gear is better than most people's keep audio gear.

Im expecting that your throw away audio gear is better than most people's keep audio gear.

But it's a lot bigger. It's amazing how much everything has shrunk in the past 15-20 years,... and I do mean everything,... yet another complaint.

I knew going into tonight I was going to be short at work by at least 4 people. I made some moves last night and shifted things around a little to make it work out and the I had to pray that no one would decide to call in today.

Get here today, 4 more call ins! ! It would blow all of your minds the amount of call ins and voluntarily lost hours that my people accumulate in year. This industry is a unique one, that's for sure.

(disclaimer: I was no better when I was starting out. Ages 21-24 I went home early as often as they'd let me. I averaged about 28 hours a week, and I was scheduled for 40. But I never called in. I always showed up.)

Started a job. There is no training. What the ######

Heh reminds me of my first two months here, had to learn everything myself, probably made a million mistakes.

Colleagues getting pissed at me for making them, by the time they decided to start training me, it wasn't needed any more.

Heh reminds me of my first two months here, had to learn everything myself, probably made a million mistakes.

Colleagues getting pissed at me for making them, by the time they decided to start training me, it wasn't needed any more.

Were you nervous or worried about that?

Google it. By "it" I mean everything.

Paying a premium for supposedly premium swirl remover for my car, and it may well work...but it dries almost instantly and it's freaking impossible to hand buff off--I was sweating like I just ran a 5k buffing it off. Switch to my normal cheap stuff, buffs off with minimal effort, and looks good enough for me. Often times you get what you pay for...this is not one of those times.

Google it. By "it" I mean everything.

Paying a premium for supposedly premium swirl remover for my car, and it may well work...but it dries almost instantly and it's freaking impossible to hand buff off--I was sweating like I just ran a 5k buffing it off. Switch to my normal cheap stuff, buffs off with minimal effort, and looks good enough for me. Often times you get what you pay for...this is not one of those times.

I can do everything they hired me for. I just don't know how they do it; what their development process is. I've been asking around and have gotten some help. I really just need a project I can go all out on and figure it out. Thankfully I should get one next week

Don't feel bad WC! I'm right there with ya!

My new job requires minimum of a week shadowing my boss. I got 6 hours and then was put to work the next day. Good thing for me is I've been in this business for 11 years and I'm really good at watching people and making up as I go along.

I need to survive today and tomorrow so I can finally vacation. This place is driving me up a wall right now with all the stupid politics and the blatant no to give for one entire part of the organization. Just unbelievably stupid.