Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Two years?

You should definitely get the surgery.

agreed.

So because I am me, I took one week off and then started a summer class which will be followed by another summer class 1 day after this first one ends... this is the last freaking time I am doing the school thing. At least this time it is free.

This chick doesn't dig scars. :(

I have to...

Chair of my department has sent me 3 different contacts at the same company in hopes of a job. None of them have responded 

Windows 10 sabotaged my computer last night and downloaded itself. That was....interesting. No idea it could even do that

And Hoss left. That still pisses me off

Damned near passed out at work earlier this week. Resulted in a trip to urgent care. Since then ive had one short dizzy spell each day. Lasts maybe 1-2 minutes. Docs couldnt find anything. Ive got a full cardiac workup scheduled for next week. My EKG looks a little suspicious.

Im a bit weirded out about the whole thing.

Damned near passed out at work earlier this week. Resulted in a trip to urgent care. Since then ive had one short dizzy spell each day. Lasts maybe 1-2 minutes. Docs couldnt find anything. Ive got a full cardiac workup scheduled for next week. My EKG looks a little suspicious.

Yikes -- hope everything is okay.

Vertigo?

I just hope it's nothing serious with your heart. Good luck.

This chick at work... I swear, she is incapable of acknowledging when she's wrong.  She could tell me the sky is purple, I would say it's blue, and she'd look up and find some reason to explain why she was still correct.  Maddening.

The boss has offered me a potential out, but the "solution" may be trading the devil I know for the devil I don't.  Decisions, decisions...

Vertigo was my first thought as well. Best wishes either way Weave...even if it's "just" vertigo.

My wife has vertigo. It's pretty well managed with 1 pill. And it's a lot better than a heart issue. But it definitely sucked before it was diagnosed.

Vertigo?

I just hope it's nothing serious with your heart. Good luck.

I hope. Docs were really concentrating on the cardiac stuff though. Every time I get a dizzy spell now I think heart. Im worried. Cant get to that cardiac appt soon enough. Edited by We've

Weave n Chz- good luck, guys.

I'm in a tech hell. Spent all night last night trying to get my imac to work. Spent all day at work trying to get my work imac to work. Two days ago, my home imac, my phone, and my laptop all bricked within the span of about 2 hours. 

I think I'm pulling through but it's eating into my precious freelance time before I start the rejection I mean application process. 

God I'm terrified. No one out there wants my skills. I gotta crash course an entire major in videography and such to even feel like I have a snowball's chance in hell. Why the hell did I choose art as a career. I'm an idiot. 

Edited by Josie914

Even the Gray Lady, the New York Times, did it:

Flight 804, carrying 66 people en route to Cairo from Paris, disappeared over the Mediterranean shortly before it was due to land.

No. No, it didn't. It exploded into many pieces and fell into the water.

It is shorthand for "disappeared from radar," which is accurate, and was really the only thing to say when we didn't know if it crashed into the water, exploded, or something else.

Now, if they had said "disappeared from radar" then I'd understand that use. I guess it's a softer way of saying "everyone died in a fireball of twisted metal and screaming babies". 

It is shorthand for "disappeared from radar," which is accurate, and was really the only thing to say when we didn't know if it crashed into the water, exploded, or something else.

I do not agree. It's sloppy.

Chair of my department has sent me 3 different contacts at the same company in hopes of a job. None of them have responded 

Windows 10 sabotaged my computer last night and downloaded itself. That was....interesting. No idea it could even do that

And Hoss left. That still pisses me off

Hoss left??  What happened there?

Edit - Looks like he hasn't been active in nearly 2 months.  Especially active posters, what could possibly happen that would drive them away for good?  I'm obviously not very observant if he's been gone for 2 months and I'm just realizing now.

Edited by Derrico

Edit - Looks like he hasn't been active in nearly 2 months.  Especially active posters, what could possibly happen that would drive them away for good?  I'm obviously not very observant if he's been gone for 2 months and I'm just realizing now.

I wondered that myself.

My guess: A combination of (1) "Holy smokes, I spend altogether too much time here"; (2) "On balance, do I enjoy being here? I get so aggravated with some of the regulars here"; (3) "I need to concentrate more on other stuff (work, studies) and this place is a time-suck"; (4) "I'm an aspiring member of the media, and I am just giving away my work product on a message board"; (5) "Fffuuucccckk - I'm not really even anonymous here because so many people know who I am".

St.Bonaventure (his alum) wasn't included in the tourney, he was upset, people razed him, he got angry and left. I get both sides of it, and have no wish to rehash it, but I really wish he'd come back and post. Dude knew his hockey

Well, I finally heard back from one recruiter. Job's already been taken. On one hand I really didn't want to work there, so I guess that's good. But still, the hunt continues

Run-flat tires.  On the one hand, it is nice to know that if you get a puncture and lose all of the air in the tire, you can still drive to the tire shop on it. On the other, the tire manufacturer recommends not patching a run-flat with a puncture, especially if it has been driven on sans air.  Well, I ran over a sharp chunk of metal last night and the tire deflated, but I made it home fine.  Now the bad news: the tire had to be replaced.  Say good-bye to $300 +.  Oof.

Run-flat tires.  On the one hand, it is nice to know that if you get a puncture and lose all of the air in the tire, you can still drive to the tire shop on it. On the other, the tire manufacturer recommends not patching a run-flat with a puncture, especially if it has been driven on sans air.  Well, I ran over a sharp chunk of metal last night and the tire deflated, but I made it home fine.  Now the bad news: the tire had to be replaced.  Say good-bye to $300 +.  Oof.

I'm going around in circles about this; Van-dor the Unstoppable has run-flats, but I've heard the horror-stories about tires shredding after going flat and/or wearing out before you can get to a shop that has the right tire and size for your car if you're on a trip. Plus being AWD, it's not always advisable to throw a new tire on with 3 half-worn tires. I keep a can of fix-a-flat in the van so I can spray and inflate if I have one go flat. If it was just me, I'd consider running normal tires and keeping a patch-kit in the car but I'm can't recommend that to my wife in good conscience in case there's a flat that's worse than a patch kit can handle. Some people get an extra rim keep a spare; that has merit too.

Another tire-related complaint (sort of): I was out on the fun roads on my bike last weekend and had a pretty good slip on gravel. The bike righted itself and I kept going, but it's by-far the closest I've come to crashing. I did all the wrong things, my foot came off the peg and the heel hit (but thankfully slid and didn't break) and I (think) I chopped the throttle. I need to work on my panic respnse.

That was gravel, but the whole day the bike didn't feel very planted. I'm not sure if the somewhat-oddly worn front tire is the issue or it's me being rusty for riding those kinds of roads. The worst part is the big slip happened right at the start of my favorite two roads and it put a big dent in the experience.