Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

It always seems like a good idea at the time when you're really rolling with something and forego any meaningful sleep...but then the next day you really drag and probably don't end up any farther ahead than if you had just slept in the first place. There's not enough caffeine in the world right now...

It really bothers me that the NHL draft lottery draw isn't made public.   Who really knows what they're doing behind closed doors.   

They pull 4-5 numbers and then match it up against a chart to see who the pick belongs to.  This isn't exactly the makings of entertaining TV.

It always seems like a good idea at the time when you're really rolling with something and forego any meaningful sleep...but then the next day you really drag and probably don't end up any farther ahead than if you had just slept in the first place. There's not enough caffeine in the world right now...

Eh sometimes you gotta ride the lightning.

They pull 4-5 numbers and then match it up against a chart to see who the pick belongs to.  This isn't exactly the makings of entertaining TV.

Around here they do that every night at 6:20 pm, they call it the "lottery" where lucky people get stuff in they have the right numbers, most watch the news just for that. The NHL can do it...

Around here they do that every night at 6:20 pm, they call it the "lottery" where lucky people get stuff in they have the right numbers, most watch the news just for that. The NHL can do it...

What's missing there is that after drawing the balls, they don't turn to a paper chart to see what that specific combinations translates to.  Those lottery drawings are a paid commercial.  No one is going to pay for the NHL version.

I also want to complain that my cowboy boots that I've been wearing religiously for maybe five years now appear to finally be giving up the ghost. I'm crossing my fingers the soles stay attached for another month or two. Do I start constructing a funeral pyre or something?

It's been 3 months since I broke up with my girlfriend.  I've been fine, the bad days are much fewer and further between. But Sunday was bad.  I was looking through my hard drive and stumbled on a bunch of old pictures of us.  Somehow, Sunday grew into the worst week ever.  Despite how well I've been distracting myself with Better Call Saul and the Kane trade, I still can't stop thinking about her.  I couldn't sleep last night, so I had a couple of beers and didn't resist the insomnia for once.  Sleep never came, so I figured I would just head into class and make up the sleep later.  Cleverly, I managed to fall asleep right before heading into my first class and wake up during my last class.  I haven't even been up to the pond for a skate this week.  No time, and I never feel up to it anyways.

Blech.  Love is madness, lust is poison.

Missed this last week.  It sucks for quite awhile.  I will say though that it gets easier and throwing yourself into classes is actually going to help a lot.  Distractions are good but eventually you have to force yourself forward.  One day you will wake up and forget that you miss that person or they were ever a big part of your life, until then just have to keep moving.

I also want to complain that my cowboy boots that I've been wearing religiously for maybe five years now appear to finally be giving up the ghost. I'm crossing my fingers the soles stay attached for another month or two. Do I start constructing a funeral pyre or something?

See Ted Mosby's red cowboy boots for reference on what to do... (couldn't find a youtube video, I'm clearly slipping.)

Get them repaired? I'm sure there's a cobbler somewhere in Rochester. It'll be an old guy that's been repairing shoes since he was 13 during the depression or a tattooed hipster.

It's been 3 months since I broke up with my girlfriend.  I've been fine, the bad days are much fewer and further between. But Sunday was bad.  I was looking through my hard drive and stumbled on a bunch of old pictures of us.  Somehow, Sunday grew into the worst week ever.  Despite how well I've been distracting myself with Better Call Saul and the Kane trade, I still can't stop thinking about her.  I couldn't sleep last night, so I had a couple of beers and didn't resist the insomnia for once.  Sleep never came, so I figured I would just head into class and make up the sleep later.  Cleverly, I managed to fall asleep right before heading into my first class and wake up during my last class.  I haven't even been up to the pond for a skate this week.  No time, and I never feel up to it anyways.

Blech.  Love is madness, lust is poison.

Wow, last week me.  You're such a whiny dramatic punk.  Nice Tyrion quote, ya nerd.

I know I post a lot of gifs, but I don't think I'll ever have a better opportunity to post this one

For the record I love your gifs.

Last night one of my gma's caretakers got stuck in our driveway right before I was trying to set out for my hockey game.  She has constant trouble with the snow but refuses to get snow tires.  This is the second time she needed to get pulled out.  The entire right bank of our long driveway is nearly destroyed, thanks to our caretakers and one of my friends.  Next time, there wont be a giant wall of icy snow there to stop them from tumbling down the hill.

Get them repaired? I'm sure there's a cobbler somewhere in Rochester. It'll be an old guy that's been repairing shoes since he was 13 during the depression or a tattooed hipster.

Honestly the leather is just too beat to bother. They've been worn well. It's time for a new pair. Just sad to see em getting to the end of their lifespan.

What?

Do you really think the NHL has anything to hide?

:ph34r:

If they have nothing to hide, then televise the process, or atleast make it available on their site to watch after the fact.

We know they pick 4-5 balls to get a number, but I want to see the number-to-team chart BEFORE the balls are selected.     Imagine the drama as the balls come up....  first ball... "Still in it!"... second ball.... "Yes, still alive!".... third ball "".

Really did not mean to still be at work this late, and REALLY not looking forward to going outside.

Also: the movie Lucy.  I missed it in theaters this summer, but it looked good so when it was released at Redbox this past Tues., I rented it.  I'm normally a big fan of the summer blockbuster-type movie and can happily suspend disbelief for a fun story as long as the movie kind of establishes a set of rules for itself and sticks to them.  I don't know if it's because I'm a scientist or if it really was just bad, but I did not like it.  It started okay but went downhill quickly, and the whole premise was just absurd.  So, so many holes in the logic / storyline.  Thankfully it was short.

Edited by biodork

Really did not mean to still be at work this late, and REALLY not looking forward to going outside.

Also: the movie Lucy.  I missed it in theaters this summer, but it looked good so when it was released at Redbox this past Tues., I rented it.  I'm normally a big fan of the summer blockbuster-type movie and can happily suspend disbelief for a fun story as long as the movie kind of establishes a set of rules for itself and sticks to them.  I don't know if it's because I'm a scientist or if it really was just bad, but I did not like it.  It started okay but went downhill quickly, and the whole premise was just absurd.  So, so many holes in the logic / storyline.  Thankfully it was short.

I wanted to see that movie as well. The 66% rating on Rotten Tomatoes seems to agree with you.