Complaint Thursdays

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

LabattBlue

I'm not sure that's something that comes back on you unless someone in your department wasn't doing their job with respect to keeping tabs on production.

I managed the entire situation. Removed the bad stuff,switched to good. Changed formulas to run different glass. Unfortunately, it took 4 hours to remove the bad stuff from the line. We had to run it out whilst removing the bad stuff. Just a tedious process.

I managed the entire situation. Removed the bad stuff,switched to good. Changed formulas to run different glass. Unfortunately, it took 4 hours to remove the bad stuff from the line. We had to run it out whilst removing the bad stuff. Just a tedious process.

Sounds like a standard process for that kind of issue. Is the spirits line just difficult to take glass off of?

Booted my computer at work this morning and knew something was wrong. Tech support checked it out and found new type of virus that another person got a couple weeks ago. Bad news is they can't restore the files saved on the computer, and it has to be reimaged.

New project. Bad cold. Had a fever/really sick, decided to come into work to basically set things up to work from home. Discussed this with the new project supervisor (which is a rant in and of itself). He informed me that this project is too precious and I should suck it up. Broke my fever at work, sweated through all my clothes. Felt better the next day, but left early (as I always do) to go to teach. Received a verbal reprimand from said person about my commitment to this project. Are. You. Kidding. Me. I've been here 3x as long, have never had a problem. Followed me to lunch to let me know that he's my boss, remind me that I answer to him, must check in every hour or two to make sure "I'm on track". Baby sitting me. I have no need to be babysat. I am beyond offended and infuriated. The other new guy involved has let us all know that if we don't make the magic happen, he will lose his job.

..... the attitude on this set is not at all the general attitude/methods of this office.

Head boss pulled me into a meeting yesterday to let me know what he thinks of the mess I've been tossed into now. Vindicated me, let me know he'll pull me off as soon as he can. Told me to grin and bear it, they really need me to make the damn thing work.

Sounds like a standard process for that kind of issue. Is the spirits line just difficult to take glass off of?

Yeah we run 60 containers a minute vs 600 at sauce. It would have taken an hour normally but with all the issues the glass was causing it took 4x longer.

Just found out some serious news about an incident involving another employee. Seems my paranoia was all misplaced.

In some other news, I may be bipolar. Holy ###### I'm nuts.

Yeah we run 60 containers a minute vs 600 at sauce. It would have taken an hour normally but with all the issues the glass was causing it took 4x longer.

Just found out some serious news about an incident involving another employee. Seems my paranoia was all misplaced.

You're no crazier than anyone else. We've all had panicked moments at work.

Glad to hear the outcome on this.

Good to hear that you may be in the clear.

People have been walking on eggshells here for a good six months about "restructuring". I always walk away from these conversations when they start because at the end of the day I have no control whatsoever if they want to ###### can me. Well last month they ended up letting 14 people go, and they did it one morning while I was out attending an event at my daughters school. So I walk back in the building around lunch time and people are looking at me like I'm a ghost. I was only gone for maybe an hour, but since people had seen me here that morning, and my desk was empty when they were walking people out..I must have been one of the unlucky 14. Looking back, after the way the culture has changed around here in the past month and hearing about the severence packages that were handed out, being one of the 14 might not have been so bad....

My wife is not too thrilled so far with our move to NC. The combination of an increased work load and not having any friends in the area yet is really starting to get to her. I'm a bit worried that she's about to crack.

I've been through this. Its not easy. I found that I really had to be there for her, like a lot more than usual. It gets better.

Got my review at work the other day. I'm in line for a 4% raise (everyone else gets 3%). And then they tell us our raises are suspended. When this happens in my industry bad things follow.

Also, the guy in the position above me got caught banging another employee in our hotel on company time while his pregnant girlfriend was working downstairs. Now I know, that's just funny, but the ###### part is that they aren't going to fill the vacancy at his position.

Edited by ubkev

I've been through this. Its not easy. I found that I really had to be there for her, like a lot more than usual. It gets better.

Fortunately tomorrow is Friday. That always goes a long way in cheering people up. For the immediate future, I'm just trying to come up with more things to do, especially on the weekend. We just have to find more opportunities to experience the new town. Now if only our neighborhood had any activity whatsoever. I have yet to see more than 3 people outside of their houses. I'm kind of hoping Halloween will spark a few more encounters with neighbors.

Also, the guy in the position above me got caught banging another employee in our hotel on company time while his pregnant girlfriend was working downstairs. Now I know, that's just funny, but the ###### part is that they aren't going to fill the vacancy at his position.

So the company time thing is why he got fired? Because I may have an issue with a company firing someone based on where I decide to stick it.

Fortunately tomorrow is Friday. That always goes a long way in cheering people up. For the immediate future, I'm just trying to come up with more things to do, especially on the weekend. We just have to find more opportunities to experience the new town. Now if only our neighborhood had any activity whatsoever. I have yet to see more than 3 people outside of their houses. I'm kind of hoping Halloween will spark a few more encounters with neighbors.

Do you guys have a dog? If so, there is probably a park nearby that has off-leash hours for dogs -- that is a pretty good way to meet people. And it's not quite as much work as having a child...

What kind of neighborhood is it? At my house, I get 2-300 hundred kids begging for candy. I'm not sure that'll help with the neighbor encounters, since all you can do is sit in your driveway handing out candy to a line of kids. I've skipped it the last few years because I don't want to spend $75 on candy. I have an excuse this year, I'll be out of town.

My advice is to set up you grill (everyone has one of those, right?) in the driveway. At least you'll be out front so if people do come out you can wave at them.

So the company time thing is why he got fired? Because I may have an issue with a company firing someone based on where I decide to stick it.

Well he's at work doing a job that's nowhere near the hotel. He calls for someone to cover him because "he's sick." then takes 45 minutes to go bang this other employee in the hotel we aren't even supposed to be in and then comes back to work. So yeah, I'd have fired him.

My wife is not too thrilled so far with our move to NC. The combination of an increased work load and not having any friends in the area yet is really starting to get to her. I'm a bit worried that she's about to crack.

Have you explored other parts of the state? A weekend at a bed and breakfast in Asheville or at the coast (Beaufort) might take her mind off things.

Do you guys have a dog? If so, there is probably a park nearby that has off-leash hours for dogs -- that is a pretty good way to meet people. And it's not quite as much work as having a child...

No dog. We've got a couple things lined up that have "meet people" written all over them. They're a couple months away though. She's got some women's organization all lined up but it doesn't start for a while. And I think we're very well aware of how kids are how you wind up meeting most people as you get older. We're just not there yet. We both want to be a little settled in around here before that happens. Maybe it's a bit naive, but we've both said for a while now that we want to own a home before we have any kids. That idea was mostly based off of being a renter in an urban area for years, but it carries over to this move now.

So basically, the whole thing is a bit of a waiting game at this point. I'm fine with the whole situation. I'm much more of a loner than she is, so it really doesn't bug me one bit. And you know how women go. It's all well and good to tell her that tomorrow will be better, but for now, it is still today. She's not the best at waiting.

I rarely eat fast food, but something possessed me to stop by McD's on the way home tonight so I could play Monopoly. Not only did I not win $1 million, I feel like hurling. My brain owes my stomach an apology for that horrible idea.

Now Halifax is on lock down with stories of another crazy wandering around downtown with a rifle. Story not confirmed. Hopefully they have shut down the ferry service between Halifax and Dartmouth ... I work on the Dartmouth side of the harbour and we do not need any more crazies on this side.

Stay safe out there ns.