Complaint Thursdays

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

LabattBlue

Now that is a real mushroom cloud.

(Family visits, btw, are another good reason to get a dog -- i.e. walking the dog is always a good excuse to flee the scene.)

It gets even better. I just found what looks to be some extensive water damage in our master bathroom and a guy is coming to check it out tomorrow. If it's as bad as I think it is, I'm going to be in a house with 4 women and only one functional bathroom.

It gets even better. I just found what looks to be some extensive water damage in our master bathroom and a guy is coming to check it out tomorrow. If it's as bad as I think it is, I'm going to be in a house with 4 women and only one functional bathroom.

I would just go to the bar. It has a bathroom. Say you're doing it to be accommodating.

I would just go to the bar. It has a bathroom. Say you're doing it to be accommodating.

I should just sacrifice myself to the vultures in the awesome thread.

edit: Wow, almost the exact time you made the same joke in the other thread.

Edited by shrader

Too much work and not enough play makes bio a dull girl. :(

I know that feeling. Mental breakdown city. Like, a total sobbing collapse nearly every week, usually on Tuesday. And then I keep taking on more work outside of work and teaching... I'm getting acid reflux now, too. Was told it's stress related. But taking time off is just... not really feasible. I haven't even had time to really watch hockey. I get mad at myself for taking a night off freelance and going to bed before 2 am. But, I guess that's just normal and I'm preachin' to the choir. Man, I feel trapped.

Took a couple pucks to the head on Sunday night and haven't felt right all week. Tylenol Extra Strength seems to help but I feel pretty crappy. Not sure if it's muscle related or concussion related but it sucks either way.

It's probably not your head muscles. See a doc.

I know that feeling. Mental breakdown city. Like, a total sobbing collapse nearly every week, usually on Tuesday. And then I keep taking on more work outside of work and teaching... I'm getting acid reflux now, too. Was told it's stress related. But taking time off is just... not really feasible. I haven't even had time to really watch hockey. I get mad at myself for taking a night off freelance and going to bed before 2 am. But, I guess that's just normal and I'm preachin' to the choir. Man, I feel trapped.

:(

Took a couple pucks to the head on Sunday night and haven't felt right all week. Tylenol Extra Strength seems to help but I feel pretty crappy. Not sure if it's muscle related or concussion related but it sucks either way.

It's probably not your head muscles. See a doc.

I second Eleven; if it's still bothering you several days after the fact, you should get yourself checked out (and maybe get a better helmet!).

Yeah, darling, you know how if I get zonked in the noodle you get mad when I won't see a doc? Now it's the other way around. Pop by urgent care or something.

That happened to me when I was coaching a few years ago. Got hit on the head while on the bench twice within a couple weeks. After second, woke up the next day with room spinning and it wouldn't stop. Wife and son had to help me into car to go to ER. Had Vertigo, and had to stay in bed for a couple days. It took over a month before I felt normal. But I still play hockey, and the occasional bump to the head still makes me dizzy.

Just got back from Rochester at midnight last night. Rushed out there late Monday night because a really close friend of mine (basically a little brother) had a stroke at the young age of 22. It;s been a turbulent 48 hours, and I don't know if or when I've slept to be completely honest.

We had some good news today in that he took two steps in PT and was able to almost sit himself up on the dge of the bed unassisted. His parents were stuck out west (where they are from) unitl late Tuesday, so me and another friend had to fill them in on everything when they got there, and had to do it again when his older brother got there. You want to talk about yanking at your heart strings.

I don't want to go thru the whole story here, but basically running interference for the family so that his RIT friends and what not were not there visiting at all hours as well as basically being their logistics coordinator the last two days has exhausted me to the point where when I got into work today, I had no patience.

I told a guy who was complaining about the type of coffee that was in the pot to either get off his effing high horse, or to gallop the mother effer the ###### out of my sight before I beat said horse. This is the same guy who sends passive aggressive emails when there is no coffee in the pot.

I'm pretty sure if not for the state I am currently in emotionally, that was possibly a fire-able offense, as I said it as a VP was walking into the break room. oy.

People fought hard to get a 40 hour work week so they could enjoy life and the money they made. I think some even died for it. With the advent of the internet and, more recently, the smartphone, in just a few years we have given it all back.

People fought hard to get a 40 hour work week so they could enjoy life and the money they made. I think some even died for it. With the advent of the internet and, more recently, the smartphone, in just a few years we have given it all back.

I think about this a lot. I feel whiny, but it's true.

My father travels the world for his job (consultant/project manager) and in many other countries (ok, most) his coworkers/superiors get mad with him for not taking time off or resting. Ever. They all get a month off at least. Mandatory in some cases. He refuses to. He stays on his phone/laptop no matter what, starting another job if one forces him on vacation.

His other American colleagues are often similar. The Germans and Irish he worked with really didn't get him. But I guess I watched him all of these years and thought, if he did and and got where he has, I must too. I hope I can find a happier medium- it's killed his marriage and relationship with us (until recently, where I've made an effort to understand). He's 70 and shows no signs of stopping or slowing. Can't be good. I hope I or my someday husband can find a different way.

I hate Flo from Progressive. I listen to stations like WGR through TuneIn, and she is on every commercial break no matter what station I'm listening to.

I also hate the WGR commercial with the roofing guy who gets all philosophical and does things like compares roofing to the Crusades.

I hate Flo from Progressive. I listen to stations like WGR through TuneIn, and she is on every commercial break no matter what station I'm listening to.

I also hate the WGR commercial with the roofing guy who gets all philosophical and does things like compares roofing to the Crusades.

Hate!!! The roofing guy. If I lived in Buffalo, I'd never buy a roof from him based strictly on his awful commercials.

Flo drives me up the wall.

Now that Rott has re-recorded the jingle so that the words are discernible, I actually like those commercials. He's selling on quality and not on price, which is rare.