Complaint Thursdays

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

LabattBlue

Carpal tunnel. I ain't got time for this bullcrap. Guess I should stop using a drawing tablet like, 18 hours a day. Oh wait, I can't.

Given your chosen profession, that's gotta suck. I have tendon problems in both wrists but I can do what I need to do with minimal impact on those tendons.

Our local grocery store chain (Giant) has closed the store that was conveniently located less than a mile from my house so they could open a new store about 5 miles from my house. My "old" store was not small or outdated; they did this because they're in a stupid arms race with Wegmans, which moved into this area a few years ago. The new store is freaking enormous. It's still not that far from my house, but it's further when I'm coming home from work, they changed the layout just enough to F with me, and in spite of the increased space, they eliminated one section I always used: the bulk bins. I loved that section for things like dried fruits, nuts, and rolled oats, and now it is gone. I felt like Rainman when I walked through the doors. :(

Wegman's seems to be the choice of the Upper Middle Class here in WNY - I like their products and all but their stores are just too big. Plus, I hate the way they are laid out AND they are always very crowded even early in the AM. I shop at Tops, which I believe also made a foray into PA (although I don't know if they made it to your part of the state, bio).

My parents are from Western PA, and I used to visit relatives down there often. There was a Riverside Market right across the street from my aunt's house. (It is a Giant Eagle now) God, I miss Riverside....

Wegman's seems to be the choice of the Upper Middle Class here in WNY - I like their products and all but their stores are just too big. Plus, I hate the way they are laid out AND they are always very crowded even early in the AM. I shop at Tops, which I believe also made a foray into PA (although I don't know if they made it to your part of the state, bio).

My parents are from Western PA, and I used to visit relatives down there often. There was a Riverside Market right across the street from my aunt's house. (It is a Giant Eagle now) God, I miss Riverside....

Same here... the selection at our Wegmans is awesome, but the store is too big, the layout sucks, and it's crowded with soccer moms unless you go at weird hours. And now my Giant is almost exactly like our Wegmans. :(

No Tops in this area, but I've been to them in NY before.

This is more confusion than complaint. I recently found out the girlfriend of one of my motorcycle friends committed suicide. I didn't know her well or anything although we spoke on a number of occasions including a few weeks ago. This makes two suicides in the last year within my motorcycle family (the other was a great guy who apparently had some demons none of us knew about, despite BS'ing around the campfire in NW PA). How in the shart is suicide beating fatal accidents 2-0 in my motorcycle circles?

This is more confusion than complaint. I recently found out the girlfriend of one of my motorcycle friends committed suicide. I didn't know her well or anything although we spoke on a number of occasions including a few weeks ago. This makes two suicides in the last year within my motorcycle family (the other was a great guy who apparently had some demons none of us knew about, despite BS'ing around the campfire in NW PA). How in the shart is suicide beating fatal accidents 2-0 in my motorcycle circles?

Wow, sorry Matt.

Undergraduates. Basically everything about them. To their "do you have office hours so can we meet to discuss my grade" (they're right at the top of the syllabus) to "why did I get such a low grade on the paper" (I give meticulous comments throughout and a summary at the end of the paper) to their inability to set their margins in Word to 1 inch and their thought process that Andrew Breitbart's website counts as a scholarly source (no offense to conservatives, but it's not peer-reviewed and published like I require sources to be). They're all a bunch of lazy idiots.

Undergraduates. Basically everything about them. To their "do you have office hours so can we meet to discuss my grade" (they're right at the top of the syllabus) to "why did I get such a low grade on the paper" (I give meticulous comments throughout and a summary at the end of the paper) to their inability to set their margins in Word to 1 inch and their thought process that Andrew Breitbart's website counts as a scholarly source (no offense to conservatives, but it's not peer-reviewed and published like I require sources to be). They're all a bunch of lazy idiots.

Next time just do what all the TA's at UB do to me: Take points off and don't tell them why.

My uncle died of a heart attack this afternoon while at the local rec center, working out. He was a great man. He was an amazing Father. He left Deloitte as a partner to become a Professor at RIT so he could actually have a life. He was a true Liberal, in the best sense of that label. He once sued The Town of Penfield claiming that their zoning requirements effectively shut working class people out, with no place to live. He took it all the way to the Supreme Court (it wound up tossed on technical grounds). He was wise, and he always tried to share that with my brother and I. He wasPrw than an uncle. He was a mentor and guide. He was my Confirmation sponsor. His only flaw was that he died a Yankees fan.

The way he loved his life was a model for every person who knew him. Rochester and the entire world are less awesome today.

My uncle died of a heart attack this afternoon while at the local rec center, working out. He was a great man. He was an amazing Father. He left Deloitte as a partner to become a Professor at RIT so he could actually have a life. He was a true Liberal, in the best sense of that label. He once sued The Town of Penfield claiming that their zoning requirements effectively shut working class people out, with no place to live. He took it all the way to the Supreme Court (it wound up tossed on technical grounds). He was wise, and he always tried to share that with my brother and I. He wasPrw than an uncle. He was a mentor and guide. He was my Confirmation sponsor. His only flaw was that he died a Yankees fan.

The way he loved his life was a model for every person who knew him. Rochester and the entire world are less awesome today.

Sorry for your loss GCOE.

Who was your uncle? I wonder if I had him at RIT.

You have my sincerest condolences.

My heart goes out to you guys, Matt and GCoE.

I have written so many condolence messages lately, from family members to (many!) friends losing their childhood pets.

I myself may head to Tennessee in the next week or so as two of my family members are on their way out. Both are very old/have lived good lives, but the woman taking care of them is in her 80s herself, and also taking care of her daughter with breast cancer. I haven't seen any of these folks since I was 17, so a trip may be in order.

Sorry, man. Sux. He'll be in my prayers tonight.

Mattpie, I gather from comments above that you also lost someone; I cannot find your original. Sorry for you, too.

Sleep. I need it. I have a 10 week old that thinks otherwise. We took him to the doc yesterday for a checkup. He's doing great, doc said he's ahead of where he should be with a lot of things. One of them wasn't weight. Fiftieth percentile. Very encouraging. They also gave him a few shots. Took em like a champ. Five seconds of crying. Unfortunately, they made him drowsy and lethargic yesterday. He's decided to pack 2 days of energy into 1. He hasn't stopped moving all day. He's still wide awake. Hope this little bugger tires himself out from all the wiggling he's doing right now.

Sleep. I need it. I have a 10 week old that thinks otherwise. We took him to the doc yesterday for a checkup. He's doing great, doc said he's ahead of where he should be with a lot of things. One of them wasn't weight. Fiftieth percentile. Very encouraging. They also gave him a few shots. Took em like a champ. Five seconds of crying. Unfortunately, they made him drowsy and lethargic yesterday. He's decided to pack 2 days of energy into 1. He hasn't stopped moving all day. He's still wide awake. Hope this little bugger tires himself out from all the wiggling he's doing right now.

Your an hour and a half early ink. This belongs in the fantastic Friday threat. Glad everything is going well with your little guy. If your ten weeks in then it should only be a few more weeks before he's sleeping through the night (if he's not already). Enjoy these moments. Lots more fun to come.

Your an hour and a half early ink. This belongs in the fantastic Friday threat. Glad everything is going well with your little guy. If your ten weeks in then it should only be a few more weeks before he's sleeping through the night (if he's not already). Enjoy these moments. Lots more fun to come.

As I was reading this, he rolled over for the first time and second time.