Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Any restaurant that serves generic crap cola(anything other than Pepsi or Coke), can go f*** themselves. The meal could be great, and you will never see me again. Seriously, how much are you saving by doing this, when you are already making a killing by charging anywhere from $2-$3 for a glass of pop that is costing them pennies.

:angry:

I feel this way about generic ketchup. Particularly at breakfast spots. I even see several which put that generic crap in Heinz bottles as if we're not suppose to taste the difference.

Crazy busy with work recently so to just relax with some brainless stuff I finally broke down and got Transformers 4 since it's in Redbox now...what a waste of $1.50 and 3 hours. Holy cow. That's easily among the 5 worst movies I've ever seen. I was expecting it to be positively awful and it exceeded my lofty expectations.

Second complaint is I turn on TBS to watch Seinfeld reruns to compensate for that terrible movie and...baseball. I really just don't like that sport, and it's getting worse with age.

Nice game, pretty boy!

same here. I have rage issues over my car however. When it was only 2 months fresh off the lot, someone backed into me in a Wegman's parking lot, and drove off. They cracked my bumber, and chipped paint. Since then, if someone even breathes towards my car wrong, I'm all over them.

When I was 4 months into my car, a woman rear ended me on the way to work. As I pulled to the side of the road to get out of the way and check it out, she pulled away waving. She pretty much only tapped me but I wanted to check it out before leaving. All that happened was a cracked reflector on the bumper. Still, who just leaves like that without at least talking?

Ink: yeah. It doesn't sound quite as bad what you're going through, but there's days (including today) where my wife loses it. She was pretty good during the pregnancy, but the first 6.5 weeks have been rough on her. The tough part is we don't have a ton of friends in the area and no family, so she doesn't get much break other than when I'm taking care of Rose. And when I'm around she wants to hang around with me (why I don't know). It's tough but I keep working from the assumption that it'll get better for her. Otherwise I there'd be far fewer peoplewith more than one kid.

So in general terms we are getting roughly $20,000 of equipment being paid for by another department. So this is a good thing. The catch being that the training, maintenance, the set up, and the install costs are all ours and so far our department has just said we will have to see what it costs when we have to do X,Y, Z. WHAT THE HELL? We know how much some of the install stuff costs we talked to the building ppl. $2500 for electrical and ventilation alone.

Now it looks like I get to spend next week working with co-workers trying to write up a grant to get additional funding otherwise this little project isn't going to work. Best part is they want everything up and running by January. The catch outside of money is they haven't even cleared out the room we are using for this little project and NO ONE has been trained. Not to mention half the stuff hasn't even shipped to us yet. It will be November before all the stuff is here and it will be December (late nov if lucky) before they start the minor construction on the room which is slated to take 2-4weeks. Realistically, if we are up and running by March, win.

Extremely negative people. I can't stand them. The "nothing is ever good, whoa is me," type. There are currently 3 of those people that I interact with on a daily basis and it really gets to me.

1 of them is extremely upset because of her weight. She wanted to start up at the gym, started going with one of my friends (who is extremely fit and would kick my ass), which I kind of told her may not be a good idea. well my friend tried teaching her stuff at the gym in order to see results and she quit after 2 trips. If you're not going to put in the work, nobody wants to listen to you complain. She also doesn't do her job here "because it's too boring" or "it's too hard". well ask for help or take the initiative on other non boring stuff. Her position is great in the sense that you get what you make of it.

the other 2 just complain about everything (nothing in particular) EVERY day. And every day they corner me in my office. I've started putting signs on my door that if it isn't a matter of life and death, and my door is closed, I don't have the time for it. I'm too busy picking up their slack because they don't do their work and always pass the buck when the responsibility is handed to them

These 3 people never have anything positive to say or constructive to add, and are always self centered. I've asked my director if we could get rid of one of them. He says we have to wait for their next review.

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

Extremely negative people. I can't stand them. The "nothing is ever good, whoa is me," type. There are currently 3 of those people that I interact with on a daily basis and it really gets to me.

1 of them is extremely upset because of her weight. She wanted to start up at the gym, started going with one of my friends (who is extremely fit and would kick my ass), which I kind of told her may not be a good idea. well my friend tried teaching her stuff at the gym in order to see results and she quit after 2 trips. If you're not going to put in the work, nobody wants to listen to you complain. She also doesn't do her job here "because it's too boring" or "it's too hard". well ask for help or take the initiative on other non boring stuff. Her position is great in the sense that you get what you make of it.

the other 2 just complain about everything (nothing in particular) EVERY day. And every day they corner me in my office. I've started putting signs on my door that if it isn't a matter of life and death, and my door is closed, I don't have the time for it. I'm too busy picking up their slack because they don't do their work and always pass the buck when the responsibility is handed to them

These 3 people never have anything positive to say or constructive to add, and are always self centered. I've asked my director if we could get rid of one of them. He says we have to wait for their next review.

Tell them they should be lucky they:

1. Have good jobs.

2. Are alive.

My employer sent out an email last week about new carpet installation in the office. Everything in/on our desks need to be packed up into storage bins by the end of the day today. I never got that email and instead only found out today. The packing's not all that tough since I don't have much, but I'm far more bothered by the fact that I haven't been added onto these email lists yet. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've found out about stuff like this second hand. Earlier in the week I almost missed out on a free flu shot that was mandatory as a part of my job.

Tell them they should be lucky they:

1. Have good jobs.

2. Are alive.

and that's the kicker, all 3 have GREAT jobs for (1) their education level, and (2) the amount they make for what they do! I don't understand how people could be so ungrateful.

Maybe I'm a little more humble because of the whole unemployed bit and that cast off feeling I had almost 2 years ago now, but seriously.

My employer sent out an email last week about new carpet installation in the office. Everything in/on our desks need to be packed up into storage bins by the end of the day today. I never got that email and instead only found out today. The packing's not all that tough since I don't have much, but I'm far more bothered by the fact that I haven't been added onto these email lists yet. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've found out about stuff like this second hand. Earlier in the week I almost missed out on a free flu shot that was mandatory as a part of my job.

Make sure anything you like/value is not in site. When our carpets got replaced, my ear buds were stolen, as were some other toy like items on my desk (little advertising things I've picked up at conferences etc like a stress ball, and a wind up/pull back car). Carpet people denied it. They were in here same night as cleaning staff who also denied it. The guy with whom I share my office works in 3 different depts on the night shift so he's rarely in here so he has no idea. Now I lock everything except pens/pencils and my post-its in my desk when I leave for the night.

and that's the kicker, all 3 have GREAT jobs for (1) their education level, and (2) the amount they make for what they do! I don't understand how people could be so ungrateful.

Maybe I'm a little more humble because of the whole unemployed bit and that cast off feeling I had almost 2 years ago now, but seriously.

Sounds like they need the Iron Sheik to break their backs, make them humble.

Make sure anything you like/value is not in site. When our carpets got replaced, my ear buds were stolen, as were some other toy like items on my desk (little advertising things I've picked up at conferences etc like a stress ball, and a wind up/pull back car). Carpet people denied it. They were in here same night as cleaning staff who also denied it. The guy with whom I share my office works in 3 different depts on the night shift so he's rarely in here so he has no idea. Now I lock everything except pens/pencils and my post-its in my desk when I leave for the night.

I have pretty much nothing here, but now I've been convinced to take down my Bills and Sabres flags. they don't take up any space in the bin so I might as well take them down.

As I sat today eating my spinach, fresh fruit, and brie salad from the cafe, all I could think was, my life can't get any worse!

lol I was thinking that sounded delicious... how can you be unhappy when you're eating brie?!?

It's a small bitch, especially since I'm pulling out of a really bad spell of nasty depression, and most things are better than that, but the client at work just gave us 14 pages of feedback... a week late... and wants all the changes tomorrow. I'm very unimpressed with this producer. I can handle it- it's mostly stuff I agree with, but there's some aggravating stuff. Giving us specific stuff to be used, then telling us it's incorrect...

I sent them files for approval 4 weeks ago. Some of it was approved. We were ignored for 3 weeks. The stuff that was approved? They're asking for massive design changes with it.

A little grumped off.

lol I was thinking that sounded delicious... how can you be unhappy when you're eating brie?!?

I'm eating it in a cube instead of my previous Fortress-of-solitude office! They closed the building I was in, now I'm in another building that's a lot more sensitive about who gets doors and who doesn't rate.

I'm eating it in a cube instead of my previous Fortress-of-solitude office! They closed the building I was in, now I'm in another building that's a lot more sensitive about who gets doors and who doesn't rate.

Ah, well that sounds a little sad... but it's still brie, man! :P

Ah, well that sounds a little sad... but it's still brie, man! :P

:)

The brie found me a at a low point, rock bottom*. It was just the WORST. SS has given me perspective, thanks everyone. Brie is good. The fire drill here at work got me outside in the breeze and sun. This pesto cous-cous is pretty good. THE F'N SABRES OF BUFFALO PLAY TONIGHT! These are your BUFFFFFFFF-A-LO SAYYYYYYYYY-BRES (in monster truck announcer voice).

* Incidentally, I'm going to Rock Bottom brewery for a beer tonight.

:)

The brie found me a at a low point, rock bottom*. It was just the WORST. SS has given me perspective, thanks everyone. Brie is good. The fire drill here at work got me outside in the breeze and sun. This pesto cous-cous is pretty good. THE F'N SABRES OF BUFFALO PLAY TONIGHT! These are your BUFFFFFFFF-A-LO SAYYYYYYYYY-BRES (in monster truck announcer voice).

* Incidentally, I'm going to Rock Bottom brewery for a beer tonight.

lol that's more like it! ;)

Had to fire someone today. No matter how big the scumbag, I never like being a part of someone's life changing event.

Ugh, I've had to do that before and the people were decent people (just not good at their jobs). It is a horrible feeling.