Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Nice.

My hot water tank failing and going tankless = this thread,

The Sabres going on a run to nowhere (tankless season) = Nolan / new GM thread.

Tankless version of my avatar = Friday and/or awesome thread

Yes go tankless. We're only renting ours and it's about 20% more than the rental fee for a traditional heater but the savings are closer to 40% to 50% from what we've seen in our first few bills.

My newly built home has a tankless water heater... wish I could move in and experience it, but the builder is months behind schedule to the point where I've hit the deadline to be out of my current townhome, which was sold. So I have to move everything - all of my furniture and belongings - into storage tomorrow and live in a hotel until my new home is ready. Had to get a P.O. Box for my mail since I will be homeless.

Expensive. Inconvenient. Lawyers involved. Not... happy...

Hot water tank in garage is leaking/failing. Happy New Year to me. I have a plumber coming out this afternoon to get quotes on replacement options and I'm thinking of going tankless. Does anyone have a tankless water heater? Worth the extra cost?

Really wanted to do this at my place since my water heater has been having trouble, but after doing some research it looked like I'd need a much larger / more expensive unit than was affordable because of my location. Being in NC you might be okay, but make sure you check the specs because the smaller ones can't keep up with demand when it's cold outside (heavily depends on difference in temp between in the incoming water and your desired setting of 120+F, influenced by flow rate).

My complaint: I'm really tired of hearing the incessant inner (now outer) monologue of the old lady on the other half of my duplex. I feel bad that she's unwell, but good God I wish she would STFU so I didn't hear her complaining and talking to herself all morning when I'm getting ready for work and every night when I'm trying to sleep. Been going on for months now.

I have no idea how FedEx is still in business, because my experiences with them have been almost universally bad.

Last month I'd ordered some perishable items that they just never bothered to pick up from the seller, so four days later I had to cancel the order and get a refund.

Last Thursday I received an email notification of an order that was being shipped, and it took them three days to even pick up the shipment, then another 2 to actually have it leave their facility and get en route to me. The order was coming from MN, and was only delivered this morning (after I attempted to re-direct delivery to my home, which took me through an endless loop of futility on their FedEx Delivery Manager page and accomplished nothing).

And this week, upon tracking a different order, I see that their "SmartPost" service is taking a package from western PA to central PA via OH and WV, so it'll take 5 days to deliver rather than the one day the USPS would've required. Effing retarded.

My newly built home has a tankless water heater... wish I could move in and experience it, but the builder is months behind schedule to the point where I've hit the deadline to be out of my current townhome, which was sold. So I have to move everything - all of my furniture and belongings - into storage tomorrow and live in a hotel until my new home is ready. Had to get a P.O. Box for my mail since I will be homeless.

Expensive. Inconvenient. Lawyers involved. Not... happy...

I'm homeless. It sucks. Living in a hotel. I may change my screen name to "HomelessSpud."

I have chicken pox.

I don't know how. I had the vaccine as a kid. Never had them before.

I felt truly awful last week and thought it was just a flu bug that wouldn't end. Then the spots appeared the day I got into my car accident. I thought it was ringworm from working with infected rescue cats over break. I finally couldn't take it any longer last night and it took two incredulous doctors at urgent care to confirm that yes, I have chicken pox. AND ringworm, as previously suspected.

Holy crap I am an itchy bitch right now. It's like a swarm of mosquitoes descended upon me and turned me into a spotted, itching plague vector.

Between that, still not knowing if my car is totaled or not and some local insane dude running around the area with an assault rifle last night and this morning, I'm ready for a change in luck. Still a light complaint in the grand scheme of things. But urgh.

I'm homeless. It sucks. Living in a hotel. I may change my screen name to "HomelessSpud."

that sucks man. Hope everything gets settled sooner rather than later. best of luck

I just found out yesterday that a good friend from college that I worked with is on the losing end of his battle with cancer. It's been tough on him, and he spent Christmas in the ER. He had to move back home to California to live with his parents. I'm really sad, but he's in denial and isn't telling many people (I found out thru our old supervisor, he didn't even tell me) so it's making it harder because his family told us he only has a few weeks.

On top of that, I have a second shift machinist here at work that is supposed to split his time between two depts, and he's supposed to machine my fixtures and samples so that first shift can focus on other jobs, but in the last week, he has only accomplished 1 of 5 tasks I have asked of him. It is really starting to put me behind. I was in the machine shop starting at 8 am. Finally finished machining 2 of my own fixtures and got another sample handed off to first shift machinist to finish for me. I'm so fed up. As a lead engineer, I'm supposed to oversee some machining, maybe drill a few holes for myself here and there, but management gets PISSED when I do stuff myself.

I have chicken pox.

I felt truly awful last week and thought it was just a flu bug that wouldn't end. Then the spots appeared the day I got into my car accident. I thought it was ringworm from working with infected rescue cats over break. I finally couldn't take it any longer last night and it took two incredulous doctors at urgent care to confirm that yes, I have chicken pox. AND ringworm, as previously suspected.

Holy crap I am an itchy bitch right now. It's like a swarm of mosquitoes descended upon me and turned me into a spotted, itching plague vector.

Between that, still not knowing if my car is totaled or not and some local insane dude running around the area with an assault rifle last night and this morning, I'm ready for a change in luck. Still a light complaint in the grand scheme of things. But urgh.

Feel better!!! and did they ever find that guy? I saw a few friends posting stuff about that last night

that sucks man. Hope everything gets settled sooner rather than later. best of luck

I just found out yesterday that a good friend from college that I worked with is on the losing end of his battle with cancer. It's been tough on him, and he spent Christmas in the ER. He had to move back home to California to live with his parents. I'm really sad, but he's in denial and isn't telling many people (I found out thru our old supervisor, he didn't even tell me) so it's making it harder because his family told us he only has a few weeks.

On top of that, I have a second shift machinist here at work that is supposed to split his time between two depts, and he's supposed to machine my fixtures and samples so that first shift can focus on other jobs, but in the last week, he has only accomplished 1 of 5 tasks I have asked of him. It is really starting to put me behind. I was in the machine shop starting at 8 am. Finally finished machining 2 of my own fixtures and got another sample handed off to first shift machinist to finish for me. I'm so fed up. As a lead engineer, I'm supposed to oversee some machining, maybe drill a few holes for myself here and there, but management gets PISSED when I do stuff myself.

Feel better!!! and did they ever find that guy? I saw a few friends posting stuff about that last night

They found him a couple hours ago. Apparently only had a knife.

What I was told by an officer at the scene is that this guy has a history of threatening people and is also a gun owner.

Now where did I put that darn SAFE Act?

I have chicken pox.

----

Oof, that sucks. I had them when I was 5 or 6 because my brother got it first and my parents made sure I did, too, much like this episode of South Park:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/249863

Calamine lotion and Benadryl and/or Claritin / Zyrtec are your friends.

:(

I have chicken pox.

Which Urgent Care was it? We might have crossed paths...

That does suck. Hopefully it's a nice hotel and on the developer's dime.

I have chicken pox.

Glad they god the madman; sorry you're dealing with pox and ringworm.

Which Urgent Care was it? We might have crossed paths...

I was at AccelCare in Henrietta on Jefferson Road. Hope whatever brought you there is doing better today!

Oof, that sucks. I had them when I was 5 or 6 because my brother got it first and my parents made sure I did, too, much like this episode of South Park:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/249863

Calamine lotion and Benadryl and/or Claritin / Zyrtec are your friends.

haha d4rk was referencing this episode last night. I've never seen it. Changing that now :) I'm slathered in calamine at the moment. They gave me some fun chalky horse pill that'll kill it from the inside, too.

I'm slathered in calamine at the moment.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose.

Separately: my 10-year old daughter was playing some online game targeted at young girls and it gave my laptop a crippling virus. I'm probably going to need to completely wipe out and rebuild the computer. Major PITA.

WTF kind of sociopath vandalizes other people's computers -- and gains access to them via kids' websites -- just for fun?

Now that bin laden is dead, these are the dirtbags that Seal Team 6 should be terminating with extreme prejudice.

I have chicken pox.

Remember you had chicken pox when you get older. It tends to come back as shingles. Get the vaccination when you can. You don't want shingles. Trust me. I went through it 2 years ago. Most miserable month of my life.

I have chicken pox.

It might be more fun if you refer to it as Herpes Zoster. Also you should probably ask D4rk about exactly how you came into contact with herpes ;)

Remember you had chicken pox when you get older. It tends to come back as shingles. Get the vaccination when you can. You don't want shingles. Trust me. I went through it 2 years ago. Most miserable month of my life.

Huh; I always figured it could happen to anyone who'd had the virus (at any age) vs. just the vaccine. Where's our resident virologist, Claude?