Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Thanks guys...

And a less serious complaint, I gashed my knee open while running two days ago, and it kills. At the bottom of a small dip in the road, just as a car passed me, I tripped on nothing and did a tuck-and-roll, my knee taking the majority of the ground impact. The funny thing was when I bounced back up and kept going like nothing had happened. Whoever passed me in the car was probably having hysterics... :w00t:

Thanks guys...

And a less serious complaint, I gashed my knee open while running two days ago, and it kills. At the bottom of a small dip in the road, just as a car passed me, I tripped on nothing and did a tuck-and-roll, my knee taking the majority of the ground impact. The funny thing was when I bounced back up and kept going like nothing had happened. Whoever passed me in the car was probably having hysterics... :w00t:

They probably thought that they clipped you and just booked it out of there.

1) We had no internet or phones at work on Tuesday. I got absolutely nothing accomplished, and basically wasted the day with TheChive on my phone, and hanging and words with friends. I'm still playing catch up today.

2) I am really craving a super mighty and/or their bbq pork burrito right now

3) I had a customer from the west coast call my personal cell phone last night at 9:30 PM!! I know I shouldn't have answered it, but since it is such a large project for my business money wise, I felt obligated. Worst mistake of my week. He ranted, he raved, and he still misses the point that I cannot give him a qualified product until his team answers my questions. :doh:

Weave: best of luck with that. I had mono freshman year of college just after I had the flu. Worst 3 months of my life. My girlfriend had mono earlier this year, and she felt the effects for a while.

My stepmom's 13 year old niece broke her leg last October, and when she went in to the hospital to have it fixed, they found out she had bone cancer. They did a titanium bone replacement for her entire femur and put her on chemo, and she's been in the hospital ever since. Now they've had to give up and amputate her leg because there wasn't enough to her hip bone for it to take, and the cancer has spread to her lungs. The doctors have told her family that she's not going to make it, but no one has told the girl yet. I've never met this little girl and don't know her personally, but it's so tragic to hear of a young person who will never have the chance to grow up. I seem to recall the son of another poster here (Bunomatic?) had a brush with cancer a while back, and I pray he's fully recovered and that you never have to go through what this girl's family is currently facing.

Edit: And Arc, I hope your grandmother recovers and is able to go home before too long.

Edited by biodork

My stepmom's 13 year old niece broke her leg last October, and when she went in to the hospital to have it fixed, they found out she had bone cancer. They did a titanium bone replacement for her entire femur and put her on chemo, and she's been in the hospital ever since. Now they've had to give up and amputate her leg because there wasn't enough to her hip bone for it to take, and the cancer has spread to her lungs. The doctors have told her family that she's not going to make it, but no one has told the girl yet. I've never met this little girl and don't know her personally, but it's so tragic to hear of a young person who will never have the chance to grow up. I seem to recall the son of another poster here (Bunomatic?) had a brush with cancer a while back, and I pray he's fully recovered and that you never have to go through what this girl's family is currently facing.

Edit: And Arc, I hope your grandmother recovers and is able to go home before too long.

:cry: :cry:

my thoughts and prayers :(

Now I remember why I rarely open this thread.

Very saddened to read this about your niece. We'll keep you and her in our prayers.

:(

So sad. She has my prayers.

Now I remember why I rarely open this thread.

Very saddened to read this about your niece. We'll keep you and her in our prayers.

:(

This is part of why I always open this thread... it's pretty much guaranteed to accomplish at least one of three things:

a) Make me laugh with some of the sillier complaints.

b) Give me a place to vent about some of my own (usually minor) complaints.

c) Provide a reality check as to how much worse things could be and just how inconsequential most of my daily complaints are.

I hate to say it's a bit easier on me since I've never met the girl, but it's tough on my stepmom and it's just sad in general. I hope she can find some enjoyment during whatever time she has left, and that she doesn't have to suffer.

(And thanks all.)

Bio,

How horrible. As a parent I cannot imagine anything worse than having to endure watching your child go through that. She is in my prayers.

As for my trivial complaint, the forecasted high temps for Raleigh the next five days: 103, 105, 105, 102, 101. My trip to Buffalo next week can't come soon enough.

Bio and Arc - prayers and good thoughts go out to your loved ones...

A complaint to go off of Chris' above: People and coworkers that say they are moving to Canada because of this :doh: :doh: Oy vay.

No, not Canada! Panama!

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/On-Retirement/2011/01/24/10-reasons-to-retire-in-panama

Not to poop on the job complaint parade, but I got a major promotion. I start in July, which brings me to my complaint... After 8 hours into vacation, I am bored silly

Have you noticed that the job market appears to be much better in Dixie than it is in the old Rust Belt (Buffalo included)? Which leads me to this:

you belong in Alabama

You know what? I'm not the least bit ashamed of being there. At least they're creating jobs down here. I even managed to change jobs to one that got me home daily and pays me about the same as I was getting when I was over the road.

As for my trivial complaint, the forecasted high temps for Raleigh the next five days: 103, 105, 105, 102, 101. My trip to Buffalo next week can't come soon enough.

This. I'd like to complain about global warming! 106 degrees today in Nashville. 108 tomorrow. 109 on Saturday. Ridiculous! ...especially since it is only June!

This. I'd like to complain about global warming! 106 degrees today in Nashville. 108 tomorrow. 109 on Saturday. Ridiculous! ...especially since it is only June!

I love global warming. I'm sitting in a relatively cold city, on a giant source of fresh water. Bring it.

My best wishes to the complainants w/ dire situations above.

Evanjellyfish.

In all seriousness, I do not like to quote myself; but after hearing about something this past Sunday from one of the chief pulpit criminals in America, it's no wonder the visible church is in such freefall. (Yes, the video got pulled because of a "copyright claim", but the real reason behind it is because that idiot (looks more like one of the ghouls from the movie They Live) pretending to be a "pastor" did not like being called to the carpet for his rants and non sequiturs.) At least someone had enough sense to blow his arguments to smithereens, but sadly most so-called "evangelical leaders" will listen to the idiot in Dallas and not listen to the logical refutations of a lesser known ministry leader.

As goes the "church", so goes a nation.

Bio, my thoughts and prayers also go out to you. It's something I don't wish on anyone.

On less important matters...

The silly check engine light came on, then went off, then came on again - all this week.

The idiots in my golf league keep changing the rules and participants for our outing, so much so that one of the guys completely quit....though I can't say I'm far behind.

I like my job, but the office is open enough and my co-workers are loud enough that it was impossible to get any work done today.

Mitt Romney.

Bio, my thoughts and prayers also go out to you. It's something I don't wish on anyone.

On less important matters...

The silly check engine light came on, then went off, then came on again - all this week.

The idiots in my golf league keep changing the rules and participants for our outing, so much so that one of the guys completely quit....though I can't say I'm far behind.

I like my job, but the office is open enough and my co-workers are loud enough that it was impossible to get any work done today.

Mitt Romney.

On a whim, I'm gonna say O2 sensor.

My thoughts and prayers as well. My sons still fighting and doing well considering.

The commonwealth of pennsylvania...that's my complaint! Hate the entire north eastern quarter of this armpit of a state.

Got a ###### speeding ticket from a part time cop, using his ultra high tech, state-of-the-art STOPWATCH!!! Plead not guilty and asked for a trial, as per usual. (by the way, they still hand write the tickets in this 19th century excuse for a state, so i had to wait for my trial date to come in the mail.) Court date notice never arrived, but my bench warrant sure did!

I drove to the court house/gift shop/deli (I swear to god, I'm not making that up) to tell them that i never received notice of the trial, and they said "yes, you did." To which I replied, "why would i plead not guilty and then skip my hearing?" She had no reply to this but to say "You never opened your certified mail." Then the bitch hands me an unopened letter out of my file, and promptly snatches it back before i can even look at it.

So now i have to go through the process of filing a appeal just so i can get out of a $150 dollar speeding ticket that they cant even give me any points for!

It's not the money, it's the principal of it. I want my day in court as it is my right as an American to have one!

A cop is a constable, a judge is a magistrate, its like i moved 165 miles and woke up in 1895! Can't buy beer at a store, the pizza here is bread and ketchup with american cheese on it. There are no houses with lawns, garages and driveways don't exist, on street parking is considered a luxury here. The roads suck, they don't know how to plow in the winter, every ###### drives in the left lane while going 55.....holy hell, I cant wait to get back to New York!! One and a half more years of this....hopefully less.

Apologies to all the PA citizens that I have offended with this message.

EDIT: And my most sincere apologies to those with actual issues and complaints that really matter to peoples lives. In comparison this is all trivial ramblings. Biodork, that really sucks and I'm sorry she has to go through that.

Edited by ubkev