Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

When the cafeteria menu says, "french toast casserole," and I go down there expecting to order "french toast casserole," I do not expect to be greeted with a look of utter confusion with a follow-up scorwl, only to be told, "We're not serving french toast casserole today," even though the stack of menus sitting on their counter specifically says, "2/16--A.M. Eye Opener: French Toast Casserole...An egg, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg batter poured over French bread, topped with a walnut, butter and brown sugar mixture and baked! Served with fresh fruit." Indeed, I expect that what's on the menu is going to be available, or, if they've run out of material or they just can't make it, to at least have it explained that they're not making it today because [insert excuse/reason here]. #firstworldprobs

headaches...physically and metaphorically speaking. I have had a pounding headache for much of my day so far, and I have a customer who is compounding the issue without end. Said customer will not stop calling or requesting things, even after HIS manager said that we needed a freeze on all requests, not just design requests due to scheduling. This is just getting ridiculous. :death:

How many times as a child did you punch yourself in the balls?

Well played.

But even then, I don't ever recall considering soda appropriate in the morning and my four food groups were pizza, cereal, ice cream, and chips.

I have seen a handful of adults do this over the years where I work (they drink 1/2 a case of diet soda a day from morning until night). Boggles my mind.

where is your headache? front? back? does it start in your back and migrate up to the back of your skull?

i only ask the bizzaro questions because i used to get severe tension headaches. got them for decades. finally went to a chiropractor in jan 2009. not sure what he did, but boy howdy it helped a metric sh**-ton. haven't had one since! well, not nearly as severe as i used to get them, anyway.

anyway, something to consider. another thing to look at is your pillow. it could be too high or too low for your neck. if it is, it puts a lot of strain on middle back (i know ... i thought that was weird too, but it's true!), which is where tension headaches almost always start.

as far as meds go, ibuprofen or naproxen have always worked for me. but then again, so has lortab. :)

where is your headache? front? back? does it start in your back and migrate up to the back of your skull?

i only ask the bizzaro questions because i used to get severe tension headaches. got them for decades. finally went to a chiropractor in jan 2009. not sure what he did, but boy howdy it helped a metric sh**-ton. haven't had one since! well, not nearly as severe as i used to get them, anyway.

anyway, something to consider. another thing to look at is your pillow. it could be too high or too low for your neck. if it is, it puts a lot of strain on middle back (i know ... i thought that was weird too, but it's true!), which is where tension headaches almost always start.

as far as meds go, ibuprofen or naproxen have always worked for me. but then again, so has lortab. :)

pillows are fine...I took a massage therapy class, and the instructor pointed that out a few years ago so I've been careful about my pillows and height and what not lol.

in terms of location and type, it is definitely a tension headache, and I would actually love to see a chiropractor. I just took some Advil liquigels, and those seem to help most days, and I can't take lortabs...make me nauseas. Thanks for the pointers though man! and I'm glad to hear you're starting to find balance with the little one.

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

People that don't know how to help themselves.

My girlfriend and our mutual friends have this friend...She's in her mid-twenties. She has a four year old daughter. She lives in a cramped apartment downtown. She doesn't have a car. She always wants people to drive her places. Complains that she can't afford food. Doesn't understand why she's not allowed to have custody of her kid.

But has plenty of time and money to go out drinking with friends, get new tattoos, and post little artifacts of it all over Facebook.

How dense do you have to be?

pillows are fine...I took a massage therapy class, and the instructor pointed that out a few years ago so I've been careful about my pillows and height and what not lol.

in terms of location and type, it is definitely a tension headache, and I would actually love to see a chiropractor. I just took some Advil liquigels, and those seem to help most days, and I can't take lortabs...make me nauseas. Thanks for the pointers though man! and I'm glad to hear you're starting to find balance with the little one.

yah, the liquigels are hands-down the fastest acting, most effective i've found with tension headaches. also, DO NOT DRINK ANY CAFFEINE WHILE ON THEM. you'll just regret it later. you may already know this, but in case you don't, caffeine acts as a blood thinner. it tends to help blood flow, which eases the tension in the back. the problem is that, once that wears off, you're uber-mega-hosed.

i've been hospitalized for these. they were *that* bad. only happened 3 times in about 17 years of having them, but regardless, i've seen it all. "migraine cocktails," tramadol, torodol, thorizne, benedryl, flexeril, robaxin, skelaxin, carisoprodol, imitrex, lortab, codeine, percocet, darvocet, oxycodone ... and even with all that, the liquigels always worked better. it got to the point where if i felt one coming on, i would immediately pop 4, and voila--no headache!

OH!! also ... these are things that i noticed as "triggers":

• dehydration
  • hunger
  • exhaustion
  • constipation.

seems like there was a 5th, but those 4 are primary. eat regularly and drink a *lot* of water, get plenty of sleep, poop a lot ... should help keep the headaches to a minimum in intensity and frequency.

Edited by Chris_in_UT

yah, the liquigels are hands-down the fastest acting, most effective i've found with tension headaches. also, DO NOT DRINK ANY CAFFEINE WHILE ON THEM. you'll just regret it later. you may already know this, but in case you don't, caffeine acts as a blood thinner. it tends to help blood flow, which eases the tension in the back. the problem is that, once that wears off, you're uber-mega-hosed.

i've been hospitalized for these. they were *that* bad. only happened 3 times in about 17 years of having them, but regardless, i've seen it all. "migraine cocktails," tramadol, torodol, thorizne, benedryl, flexeril, robaxin, skelaxin, carisoprodol, imitrex, lortab, codeine, percocet ... and even with all that, the liquigels always worked better. it got to the point where if i felt one coming on, i would immediately pop 4, and voila--no headache!

OH!! also ... these are things that i noticed as "triggers":

• dehydration
  • hunger
  • exhaustion
  • constipation.

seems like there was a 5th, but those 4 are primary. eat regularly and drink a *lot* of water, get plenty of sleep, poop a lot ... should help keep the headaches to a minimum in intensity and frequency.

My problem usually stems from (1) and (3). I'm usually a liquigels person. Never had one that was *that* bad. I've had a few pretty severe migraines, where I took the Extra Strength Excedrin, and then crawled into my bed under the covers so that I couldn't see any light whatsoever, but those are rare (I've left work before because of them).

I've never tried to drink caffeiene after taking anything for my headaches, but that is definitely good advice...I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future (as I am an avid coffee, and tea drinker).

People that don't know how to help themselves.

My girlfriend and our mutual friends have this friend...She's in her mid-twenties. She has a four year old daughter. She lives in a cramped apartment downtown. She doesn't have a car. She always wants people to drive her places. Complains that she can't afford food. Doesn't understand why she's not allowed to have custody of her kid.

But has plenty of time and money to go out drinking with friends, get new tattoos, and post little artifacts of it all over Facebook.

How dense do you have to be?

Link to her page?

• Like (+1) 1

Another complaint I've got today is a little less significant. I'm in four different fantasy leagues right now, 1 ESPN league and 3 yahoo leagues.

I have Vanek in my ESPN league. I've had him on IR since he was out hurt. I want to bring him back into the lineup because he has two points in his last three, but the player I replaced him with is doing better. Pacioretty has 6-2 in his last 8 games.

I need Vanek to be better or else I don't know what I'm gonna do when the league wants me to bring him off of IR.

You don't have to friend them, you can just lurk - they are the ones starving for attention who leave their security settings wide open!

Unfortunately she doesn't. If she did I would totally pass it on for your amusement. ;)

My tubby and smelly co-worker is generally oblivious to just about everything, including the fact that he requires more space when moving about the lab than the rest of us. We always have these awkward moments where we're playing chicken because I need to get through somewhere (preferably without contact) and he fails to recognize that he fills the entire space through which I need to pass. On Tuesday he almost took me out when he made a sudden move to put something back on a shelf above / adjacent to my desk while I was standing there. Fortunately I saw him coming and took a huge step back in the nick of time, because I had a brief and horrible vision of the basketball scene in Along Came Polly. :sick:

Why do most complaints today involve puke and bowel movements?

My complaint? I'm not allowed to start a OTpenis thread.

Well let's face it; even the ladies don't want to look at pictures of junk. It's just not a photogenic part of the human anatomy.

You don't want that man. She'll show up on your doorstep someday wantin you to get her preggo so her life has meaning again.

You should set her up with Shraders roommate.

Well let's face it; even the ladies don't want to look at pictures of junk. It's just not a photogenic part of the human anatomy.

UR right. We wouldn't Nova Scotia boy to hit his head on his desk.

• Like (+1) 1