Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I've seen this phrase on here 3 times in the past week. I have no clue what it means

Hard to explain I guess. Meta data is data pertaining to itself.

My complaint; I've been seeing this girl for a few months. Things were going great, then put of nowhere she became very distant. I tried to talk to he, but nothing came out of it. I asked her on a date for Friday, on Wednesday. She said maybe, and she'd let me know today. I've heard nothing. Pretty sure it's over

But, a friend's wife has a very attractive, smart, and single friend they want me to meet, sooooo WildCard is gonna be alright ;)

Edited by WildCard

How about this?

End of the year self assessments are the biggest waste of my ###### time! I've been here for 25 GD years. What do you think you are going to learn that you don't already know,... and if I suck, then why have you kept me here for so long?!

Trust me there are places like my company , people have been working for 20 + years and still know all.

My complaint; I've been seeing this girl for a few months. Things were going great, then put of nowhere she became very distant. I tried to talk to he, but nothing came out of it. I asked her on a date for Friday, on Wednesday. She said maybe, and she'd let me know today. I've heard nothing. Pretty sure it's over

But, a friend's wife has a very attractive, smart, and single friend they want me to meet, sooooo WildCard is gonna be alright ;)

Re: meta. Yeah, still no idea.

Re: girl. That sounds over. Like, really over. Sorry dude. Go meet the friend, sounds like you're going to enjoy the whole "being set up", thing. Good luck.

Sorry man.

So, if the single friend thing does not work out my wife is a very well regarded 'match maker'.  Any objections to slavic hotties?

Re: meta. Yeah, still no idea.

Re: girl. That sounds over. Like, really over. Sorry dude. Go meet the friend, sounds like you're going to enjoy the whole "being set up", thing. Good luck.

Thanks man, appreciated. We were good together, but nothing too serious, so I'm not upset. Think I knew from the beginning it couldn't last

Sorry man.

So, if the single friend thing does not work out my wife is a very well regarded 'match maker'. Any objections to slavic hotties?

Thanks man. And no, no objections to Slavic hotties, as long as they're intelligent and compassionate

So, I guess I was just your PayDay.

Terrible transition... I hope iTInSn is OK and will check in.

I've seen this phrase on here 3 times in the past week. I have no clue what it means

Self-referential. SabreSpace talking about... SabreSpace, for example.

So on my way into work this am my brakes felt weird. I stopped at my trusty mechanic to assess the situation as I didn't want to die. He tells me it's a brake booster issue covered under recall by the dealer. I take it to said dealer and they tell me it's not covered because the vehicle was already "repaired" during the recal. So I was stuck paying $500 to fix it. Anyone have similar experiences? Do I have a leg to stand on here?

Edited by inkman

So on my way into work this am my brakes felt weird. I stopped at my trusty mechanic to assess the situation as I didn't want to die. He tells me it's a brake booster issue covered under recall by the dealer. I take it to said dealer and they tell me it's not covered because the vehicle was already "repaired" during the recal. So I was stuck paying $500 to fix it. Anyone have similar experiences? Do I have a leg to stand on here?

You have an XTS right?

- PS3 gave up on life suddenly the other day. I don't game any more and I have other solutions for it's primary functions (Netflix, Prime Video, NHL, and the occasional disc), but the interface on it was a bit smoother than Chromecast. I'm debating attempting the oven fix which is both terrifying and intriguing. I have nothing to lose, I guess.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-fix-a-YLOD-PS3-with-an-oven/

- Sabrespace apparently blew up while I was on semi-hiatus over the holidays.

- The Sabres apparently blew up while I was on semi-hiatus over the holidays. It's a weird paradox that I pay less attention to the Sabres when I'm in Buffalo; it has to be that I'm busy with other things and don't have my comfortable routine of watching the games late at night by myself.

Traded in the caddy for a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

http://m.carcomplaints.com/Jeep/Grand_Cherokee/2013/recalls/

Call Chrysler. It's NHTSA Campaign #14V154000 on that page. In my opinion if it's the same problem as was covered in the recall, you should be subject to the repair being made again at no cost to you. A recall repair shouldn't have to be repeated. If it keeps happening you might be able to claim Lemon Law.

- PS3 gave up on life suddenly the other day. I don't game any more and I have other solutions for it's primary functions (Netflix, Prime Video, NHL, and the occasional disc), but the interface on it was a bit smoother than Chromecast. I'm debating attempting the oven fix which is both terrifying and intriguing. I have nothing to lose, I guess.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-fix-a-YLOD-PS3-with-an-oven/

I freaking hate chromecast.

I freaking hate chromecast.

I generally like it, it fits the way we want to use TV for the most part. The only issue is some apps are somewhat limited when using it. For instance, the NHL app can't FF or Rewind when playing an archive game. You do have the ability to seek using the phone, but advancing 2 minutes past a commercial or past an intermission is finicky. Also, it'll randomly advance the game to a place which ruins the suspense (it started the Rangers game yesterday at 5:00 left in the third). I knew the score so NBD, but if I didn't I'd be "mad".

Also Amazon doesn't want to play ball so Prime video is annoying. This is Amazon's fault.

I'll have to see how well my Raspberry Pi does, or get a Roku stick down the road.

I generally like it, it fits the way we want to use TV for the most part. The only issue is some apps are somewhat limited when using it. For instance, the NHL app can't FF or Rewind when playing an archive game. You do have the ability to seek using the phone, but advancing 2 minutes past a commercial or past an intermission is finicky. Also, it'll randomly advance the game to a place which ruins the suspense (it started the Rangers game yesterday at 5:00 left in the third). I knew the score so NBD, but if I didn't I'd be "mad".

Also Amazon doesn't want to play ball so Prime video is annoying. This is Amazon's fault.

I'll have to see how well my Raspberry Pi does, or get a Roku stick down the road.

I have a Roku and an Amazon fire stick in addition to the chromecast, and the Roku and the fire stick are IMHO both much easier to use than the chromecast. 

I have a Roku and an Amazon fire stick in addition to the chromecast, and the Roku and the fire stick are IMHO both much easier to use than the chromecast. 

I've been looking at both of those; why both? Seems like for my use (Prime Video) Roku would be fine. Is there something on the Fire Stick that you love that the Roku doesn't do?

On Monday morning, my stepmom woke up briefly around 7am to use the restroom, then went back to sleep.  When she and my dad both woke up at 9am, they discovered one of the washing machine's supply lines had burst and flooded the house in less than two hours.  They had standing water in the hall and their bedroom (across the hall from the bathroom where the washing machine was located), and the carpet was soaked in every room of the house (it's a small 1 story ranch).  I didn't find out about it until Monday evening, and by then it was too late to send SERVPRO out because my dad and stepmom were exhausted from shop-vacuuming as much water as they could and moving things as needed.  They went out first thing on Tuesday morning and determined the carpet pad (but somehow not the carpet?) needed to be removed, but they have so much furniture and other crap in the house that it took them something like 17 hours to cut it out by shifting the furniture around as best they could within the rooms.  They had to remove one set of lower kitchen cabinets and tear out the drywall behind them, and have punched holes in the rest of the walls around the house to help everything dry out.  The carpet still may not be salvageable, they're stuck staying in a hotel and boarding their pets while repairs are being done, and insurance doesn't seem to understand yet that enough work is needed that they won't be able to move back in next week, and they don't want to cover a pack-out so they can move their furniture out of the house temporarily.  My brother and I are trying to cover the expenses until insurance starts paying out (and whatever insurance doesn't cover), but it's adding up fast.  I can't even take time off work right now to go help them because we've got a huge deadline coming up soon.  These poor people cannot catch a f*cking break.   :cry:

Edited by biodork

I've been looking at both of those; why both? Seems like for my use (Prime Video) Roku would be fine. Is there something on the Fire Stick that you love that the Roku doesn't do?

No -- I just have them on different TVs.  I owned the Roku (regular, not stick) first and was quite happy with it, but I needed something for a different TV and the fire stick was on sale for something really cheap (like $20), so I took a flyer on it.  The 2 of them are more or less equivalent. 

I've had a cold for almost 3 days now...the worst part is that I wake up feeling like $#!@& and only slowly feel better throughout the day. I've taken Nyquil, but keep waking up every hour & a half to cough or blow my nose or something.

:wallbash:

I've been sick all week with a chest cold, it feels like I have something in my upper lungs. They make a girgling sound. And I've been on vacation all week but feel too tired to do anything.

I've been sick all week with a chest cold, it feels like I have something in my upper lungs. They make a girgling sound. And I've been on vacation all week but feel too tired to do anything.

I'd get some medical advice if I were you. If it's gone on this long you don't want to end up with a pulmonary infection much less pneumonia. The gurgling sound you hear is probably a fluid build-up.

Bro, you got something bad. Go to an urgent care and get a Z-Pack. I had pneumonia back in the fall and I didn't go when I should have. 

On Monday morning, my stepmom woke up briefly around 7am to use the restroom, then went back to sleep.  When she and my dad both woke up at 9am, they discovered one of the washing machine's supply lines had burst and flooded the house in less than two hours.  They had standing water in the hall and their bedroom (across the hall from the bathroom where the washing machine was located), and the carpet was soaked in every room of the house (it's a small 1 story ranch).  I didn't find out about it until Monday evening, and by then it was too late to send SERVPRO out because my dad and stepmom were exhausted from shop-vacuuming as much water as they could and moving things as needed.  They went out first thing on Tuesday morning and determined the carpet pad (but somehow not the carpet?) needed to be removed, but they have so much furniture and other crap in the house that it took them something like 17 hours to cut it out by shifting the furniture around as best they could within the rooms.  They had to remove one set of lower kitchen cabinets and tear out the drywall behind them, and have punched holes in the rest of the walls around the house to help everything dry out.  The carpet still may not be salvageable, they're stuck staying in a hotel and boarding their pets while repairs are being done, and insurance doesn't seem to understand yet that enough work is needed that they won't be able to move back in next week, and they don't want to cover a pack-out so they can move their furniture out of the house temporarily.  My brother and I are trying to cover the expenses until insurance starts paying out (and whatever insurance doesn't cover), but it's adding up fast.  I can't even take time off work right now to go help them because we've got a huge deadline coming up soon.  These poor people cannot catch a f*cking break.   :cry:

You might have the unluckiest family I have ever heard of.