Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

A year ago I was struggling with the looming collapse of a job that I poured my heart and soul into for 15 years while coming to grips with the fact my kids - centre of my world away from work - were close to flying the coop. What's next? Where's the fun? Where's the purpose?

Now I've been smacked out of the blue by a serious health issue.

The job's gone and I find I don't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would.

The kids don't need me nearly as much either, but they like my company and I still make them smile.

That trapped and empty feeling has kinda disappeared and has been replaced by a mix of fear and an appreciation for the little things.

Not sure what I am trying to tell you except that maybe your longing for improvement isn't what you think it is.

You can't instantly or permanently make yourself feel different or better. And be careful of self-sabotage.

All you can do is take care of yourself and your loved ones, keep moving forward, not be afraid to carve new patterns, and endure.

Life and time will constantly change your perspective and your circumstance and not always in the way you expect or plan.

Satisfaction can come from unexpected places. Just keep living life. You'll find yours.

Beautiful and poignant sir. Very sorry to hear about your health issue. We'll keep good thoughts for you.

My dad is at a rehab place for his hip and apparently he fell down twice yesterday in the morning.  The place didn't bother to call my mother so she didn't even find out until around 6PM.  Somehow during the course of her visit, an X-ray tech told her that the other hip was now fractured and he had to go to the hospital to get a scan on both his hip and his head (he's on blood thinners from the hip surgery so bleeds are a major concern). 

Fortunately everything came back negative, but I have no idea why an X-ray tech would say something like that, scaring the crap out of everyone.  That and the place claims they called my mom and left a message, yet there is no voice mail or missed call on her phone.  Something seems very fishy about this place right now.

My dad is at a rehab place for his hip and apparently he fell down twice yesterday in the morning.  The place didn't bother to call my mother so she didn't even find out until around 6PM.  Somehow during the course of her visit, an X-ray tech told her that the other hip was now fractured and he had to go to the hospital to get a scan on both his hip and his head (he's on blood thinners from the hip surgery so bleeds are a major concern). 

Fortunately everything came back negative, but I have no idea why an X-ray tech would say something like that, scaring the crap out of everyone.  That and the place claims they called my mom and left a message, yet there is no voice mail or missed call on her phone.  Something seems very fishy about this place right now.

He probably fell well unsupervised so they want to cover their .  When it comes to rehab or really any health care, you have to stay on top of people.  Hope he is okay and it doesn't happen again. 

My sister is losing her job (not her fault, she's a contractor, budget cuts = gone) and she's really down about it, so I'm worried about her.

My best friend who I was a bridesmaid for last September is headed for an ugly divorce. She's self medicating in ways that have me terrified every time the phone rings. 

Both are 8+ hours away, and I have next to no way of helping either. 

Sorry I haven't posted much in any other threads the last while- I guess I'm just here for community at the moment. Yell at me for never posting if you want. 

Oh yikes, shrader... I hope they can figure something out to get him better care ASAP.

My sister is losing her job (not her fault, she's a contractor, budget cuts = gone) and she's really down about it, so I'm worried about her.

My best friend who I was a bridesmaid for last September is headed for an ugly divorce. She's self medicating in ways that have me terrified every time the phone rings. 

Both are 8+ hours away, and I have next to no way of helping either. 

Sorry I haven't posted much in any other threads the last while- I guess I'm just here for community at the moment. Yell at me for never posting if you want. 

I'm in the same boat, lady... way too much going on and not enough time to keep up on everything here.

My uncle had to have emergency gallbladder surgery late last week after being rushed to the ER and continuing to deteriorate throughout the day even with heavy pain meds.  Thank God they moved up the surgery to the following morning rather than waiting, because they found his gallbladder was gangrenous (:sick:) and perforated from all the stones.  Another day and he might night have made it.

Sorry to hear (or, more accurately, read) that. Most places, the X-ray / imaging technician won't even acknowledge that there is an image, to avoid your mother's situation (extreme concern beyond what is in reality necessary) or worse, getting people to believe everything is fine when in fact there is a major problem. Serious breach of protocol.

Hope your father's recovery goes better from here out.

Sorry to hear (or, more accurately, read) that. Most places, the X-ray / imaging technician won't even acknowledge that there is an image, to avoid your mother's situation (extreme concern beyond what is in reality necessary) or worse, getting people to believe everything is fine when in fact there is a major problem. Serious breach of protocol.

Hope your father's recovery goes better from here out.

The best part of that breach of protocol is that my brother was very quickly on the phone with an attorney after hearing it.

The wife has been traveling a lot for work - usually just a week or two at a time and even if it's multiple weeks, she's home on the weekends. Now her company is going to send her to Puerto Rico (she'll be overseeing a conversion of the company's factory down there). I figured this would be two weeks at a time and not home on the weekends (that's a long day of flying). She tells me last night they're now thinking of having her stay there for the entire month of July. Yes - not even come home until August. Holy hotter than Hades, Batman!

Now, I know there are people in situations that are worse off than mine will be (military familities who rarely get to even talk to their loved one(s), much less Skype/Facetime with them, come to mind), but this still sucks. I don't mind having my "quiet time", but I'm not sure how I will handle this. She's done business travel two weeks in a row before, but this is double that. I could take some time and do a long weekend down there with her, but I have enough going on at my own job that it will be tough to get away.

The wife has been traveling a lot for work - usually just a week or two at a time and even if it's multiple weeks, she's home on the weekends. Now her company is going to send her to Puerto Rico (she'll be overseeing a conversion of the company's factory down there). I figured this would be two weeks at a time and not home on the weekends (that's a long day of flying). She tells me last night they're now thinking of having her stay there for the entire month of July. Yes - not even come home until August. Holy hotter than Hades, Batman!

Now, I know there are people in situations that are worse off than mine will be (military familities who rarely get to even talk to their loved one(s), much less Skype/Facetime with them, come to mind), but this still sucks. I don't mind having my "quiet time", but I'm not sure how I will handle this. She's done business travel two weeks in a row before, but this is double that. I could take some time and do a long weekend down there with her, but I have enough going on at my own job that it will be tough to get away.

That blows, man. My wife used to travel a lot more than she does now, but even without the travel her work is so busy from January to March that I basically see her for 15 minutes at night, and maybe a few hours on the weekends. For the first bit I kinda enjoy the bachelor life, play a bunch of video games, go out with friends, but it gets old pretty quick. Obviously I feel bad bitching about it because, you know, she's actually WORKING for that time and I'm just sitting at home feeling bad about myself, but it can be exhausting. A month is a long time, try to find stuff to keep yourself busy.

Went into the car dealership this morning for my state inspection/emissions testing, and left $400 poorer after adding on a transmission flush and two new tires.  Oof.  It never ends.

I always thought Toyota made good cars, but I have a 2010 Corolla that has had crap break on it, that I would never expect to break on a Toyota.  All of this beginning shortly after bumper to bumper warranty expired.

1 - Wire to horn broke.  Fixed once, broke again.

2 - Radio display just goes haywire from time to time and you see nothing but jibberish on the display.

3 - Driver side controls for power windows/locks is recessed in door handle(more so than normal).  I'm sure it is a penny piece of plastic or a screw which would cost $100+ to fix.

4 - Aux jack for radio cuts in and out when in use.

This is the kind of crap that led me to stop buying cars from the big 3 american automakers.  

WTF!   :censored:

Edited by LabattBlue

I always thought Toyota made good cars, but I have a 2010 Corolla that has had crap break on it, that I would never expect to break on a Toyota. All of this beginning happening shortly after bumper to bumper warranty expired.

1 - Wire to horn broke. Fixed once, broke again.

2 - Radio display just goes haywire from time to time and you see nothing but jibberish on the display.

3 - Driver side controls for power windows/locks is recessed in door handle(more so than normal). I'm sure it is a penny piece of plastic or a screw which would cost $100+ to fix.

4 - Aux jack for radio cuts in and out when in use.

This is the kind of crap that led me to stop buying cars from the big 3 american automakers.

WTF! :censored:

Toyota ain't what it used to be. It's sad really.

Mrs. Racer currently has a 2007 Toyota Highlander. Her previous 2 vehicles (a 1991 and 2000) where little GM Blazer/Jimmy. She has never been so upset with a vehicle like this Toyota. Her comparisons to not so greatly touted U.S. vehicles has left her wondering why any one would think a Toyota is a better vehicle.

Next vehicle is a Kia or Jeep Wrangler. Her inspection for the Highlander is next week. Not sure what is going to be in the garage next Friday.

Gulp.

On Saturday, the family and I drove over to New Jersey to pick our new-to-us certified Toyota Sienna. Now some might consider that a complaint in it's own right, but I kinda like vans and NJ is... well you got me there. So here's the real complaint: I got rear ended while in NJ. By my wife. In the Sienna that we bought an hour before. About a mile from the dealer. No injuries, luckily.

Now we're trying to figure out a good name for the car. I don't really use names for my cars, but they usually have one. I tend to tie it to the country of origin (my German bike is Hilda, my two WRXs were Aiko and Beko, etc.), but I can't think of a good Japanese-ish name for a van. I suppose since it's built in Indiana mostly from US parts, I can use American names. Any thoughts on Morrison, Miller, Halen, Der Waals, or Couver?

Edited by MattPie

Gulp.

On Saturday, the family and I drove over to New Jersey to pick our new-to-us certified Toyota Sienna. Now some might consider that a complaint in it's own right, but I kinda like vans and NJ is... well you got me there. So here's the real complaint: I got rear ended while in NJ. By my wife. In the Sienna that we bought an hour before. About a mile from the dealer. No injuries, luckily.

Now we're trying to figure out a good name for the car. I don't really use names for my cars, but they usually have one. I tend to tie it to the country of origin (my German bike is Hilda, my two WRXs were Aiko and Beko, etc.), but I can't think of a good Japanese-ish name for a van. I suppose since it's built in Indiana mostly from US parts, I can use American names. Any thoughts on Morrison, Miller, Halen, Der Waals, or Couver?

Kamikaze

Edited by LGR4GM

Gulp.

Women drivers. :rolleyes: ;)  (the wink is for you bio, josie, and chz)

I'm also resisting the urge to make the rear ending joke, but I assume inky will take care of that one for me.

Nightmare client. Still going. Is now calling me when I'm at work. Changes what he wants constantly. It's a horrible horrible design now. I would never want my name associated with it.

I'm seriously so close to just telling him I'm giving him what I've got and quitting, and screw it, I don't even want money. It would be enough payment to just end it/get him out of my life. 

Won't even let me go to final, complains that the art isn't final... OF COURSE IT ISN'T EFFING FINAL YOU GODDAMN IDIOT NON CREATIVE UNTRUSTING DOUCHENOZZLE.

Sorry. I get an email from this guy daily and it just RUINS my effing day. 

Never doing freelance for a person like this ever. Again. Making them sign contracts EARLY with kill fees instated so that if I determine you're wasting my damn time and not worth my effort, I can walk away from you without feeling like a horrible human being. 

You want a goddamn ferrari, you come to a ferrari dealer, then yell at the dealer that this ferrari isn't the Toyota you used to have. And you're getting to pay used car beater prices because you're my friend's boss and my hands are tied.

And then you give me clip art as reference. CLIP. ART. I didn't go to school for 4 years and currently teach it and work professionally for you to give me your HORRIBLE former logo as an example of what to strive for, then get mad when I eventually cave and just give you that. 

I thought this damn logo would take a week, 2 tops. 3 months later..... I hate this person. I hate him. Here goes my lunchbreak, baby sitting this imbecile while he tells me how to do art... I'm 70 versions in on his vague terrible idea. 

Women drivers. :rolleyes: ;)  (the wink is for you bio, josie, and chz)

I'm also resisting the urge to make the rear ending joke, but I assume inky will take care of that one for me.

I forgot the other name: Van-dor the Unstoppable.

Also: sorry Josie.

Nightmare client. Still going. Is now calling me when I'm at work. Changes what he wants constantly. It's a horrible horrible design now. I would never want my name associated with it.

I'm seriously so close to just telling him I'm giving him what I've got and quitting, and screw it, I don't even want money. It would be enough payment to just end it/get him out of my life. 

Won't even let me go to final, complains that the art isn't final... OF COURSE IT ISN'T EFFING FINAL YOU GODDAMN IDIOT NON CREATIVE UNTRUSTING DOUCHENOZZLE.

Sorry. I get an email from this guy daily and it just RUINS my effing day. 

Never doing freelance for a person like this ever. Again. Making them sign contracts EARLY with kill fees instated so that if I determine you're wasting my damn time and not worth my effort, I can walk away from you without feeling like a horrible human being. 

You want a goddamn ferrari, you come to a ferrari dealer, then yell at the dealer that this ferrari isn't the Toyota you used to have. And you're getting to pay used car beater prices because you're my friend's boss and my hands are tied.

And then you give me clip art as reference. CLIP. ART. I didn't go to school for 4 years and currently teach it and work professionally for you to give me your HORRIBLE former logo as an example of what to strive for, then get mad when I eventually cave and just give you that. 

I thought this damn logo would take a week, 2 tops. 3 months later..... I hate this person. I hate him. Here goes my lunchbreak, baby sitting this imbecile while he tells me how to do art... I'm 70 versions in on his vague terrible idea. 

The contracts would probably be a great thing for you!  Definitely should get some made up.  

Best of luck!

My wife has a bully for a boss.  She tells tales of various women in the office in tears over his "leadership" efforts.  Last night it was my wife's turn to be crying over this meat heads way of handling business.  Pisses me right off.  

She asked for a vacation day next week.  She has 3 weeks vacation coming to her.  He told her that he'd let her have her request this time, but they need to talk.  If she is going to repeatedly ask for time off he'll have to find someone else to do the job.

Are you Fing kidding me?  Threatening her employment status because she wants to use vacation time that she has earned?  

He pulled the same crap last Summer too.  Last Summer I had Fridays off, but no vacation time.  She requested to have every other Friday off in June - August so she could spend 3 day weekends with me.  Her boss told her "You don't need those Fridays off.  Alot of wives take separate vacations from there husbands".  And refused her request.

I'm about ready to tell her to go ahead and quit without other employment lined up.

Weave, just picture being married to a teacher at a private school.  I get to regularly listen to the wife's complaints about 5 or 6 different wannabe bully parents over the course of a year.  I know I'd never last in that world because by week 3 I would be telling someone to F off.