Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Well.  I just got the call from my realtor.  They are going to pay for the whole thing.  The fact that I didn't concede at all and the fact that they need to sell since they already have another house that they are moving into helped!! WOOHOO!

Congrats man.  Start working on that basement bar!

Performance review/annual raises.

Despite being a high performer and highly experienced compared to my peers, because I was hired in the last year (10 months ago), I get a less than standard raise and an explanation that if I stick around for another year, maybe my boss will go to bat for me and get me more next year. And I should be happy because they also gave me a whopping $750 bonus. Gee thanks guys. When I was originally hired I was told that my salary would increase dramatically at performance review based on my experience level, but I had to start here due to new hire slotting.

Plus the whole "determining your salary before the performance review" meeting never made any sense to me. You've already made your decision on my value? Then why the ###### are we even meeting if it has zero impact on the decision?

Guess who is looking for a new position in the next few months? :censored:

Edited by Tchaikovsky по Boyes

The hyper sensitive over the top society in which we dwell

Political correctness

Race card players

The media trying to make me feel bad that I am white

So what you're saying is you wish the media would not be a negative towards white males? That sounds like you're hankering for some Political Correctness. :)

Complaint: "We're moving your VMs to a new internal cloud and shutting down our cloud; you won't see any difference other than the web interface to manage VMs" has been misinterpreted as "we're shutting down [my team] entirely and your servers are going to disappear" and customers are out buying hardware because they think we're leaving them high and dry.

The hyper sensitive over the top society in which we dwell

Political correctness

Race card players

The media trying to make me feel bad that I am white

Somethin tells me you are paying attention the wrong media

I knocked a half-full cup of coffee into my lap on Tuesday and had it soaked into both my sweater and my jeans.  Also soaked through a whole pile of invoices on my desk that I had to re-locate and print the next day.

My March Madness bracket is toast after Virginia choked last week.

And I hate change.  Sometimes it's necessary, but boy do I hate it.

I knocked a half-full cup of coffee into my lap on Tuesday and had it soaked into both my sweater and my jeans.  Also soaked through a whole pile of invoices on my desk that I had to re-locate and print the next day.

My March Madness bracket is toast after Virginia choked last week.

And I hate change.  Sometimes it's necessary, but boy do I hate it.

I hate change almost as much as I hate stagnation. And I hate those things less than I hate not knowing. 

Hope everything works out Bio, I hate change myself so I have a sense of what you're feeling. Separately, my complaint is the same as True's. Also, had a dream I missed my test, woke up in a panic two hours early for it, fell asleep, then woke up late for the test :D Thankfully it's an easy class so missing 20 minutes didn't hurt me

Edited by WildComrade

Well. I just got the call from my realtor. They are going to pay for the whole thing. The fact that I didn't concede at all and the fact that they need to sell since they already have another house that they are moving into helped!! WOOHOO!

Good! I was going to tell you not to blink. The sellers have no leverage to ask anything of you once they have accepted your offer. They don't want to start over, list the house again, hope someone offers as well as you did.

Advice: if they want to sell you things from in the house rather than move them, buy it! Buy anything that you like and are thinking of buying on your own.

Our sellers were excellent decorators, and they asked us if we wanted to buy their curtains at $20 per window. I still regret not doing that. Do you have any idea how expensive curtains are? It's madness!

Also, your credit is going to take a hit after the closing and you may not be able to finance things as easily for a while.

Finishing up a painting project in the house today. My cat is always in the way and I've accidentally got a big glob of white paint on him. My wife is not going to be pleased. I tried wiping it out but only smeared it all down his side. Any ideas how I can get it out before she gets home?

Finishing up a painting project in the house today. My cat is always in the way and I've accidentally got a big glob of white paint on him. My wife is not going to be pleased. I tried wiping it out but only smeared it all down his side. Any ideas how I can get it out before she gets home?

Shave it  :devil:

Good! I was going to tell you not to blink. The sellers have no leverage to ask anything of you once they have accepted your offer. They don't want to start over, list the house again, hope someone offers as well as you did.

Advice: if they want to sell you things from in the house rather than move them, buy it! Buy anything that you like and are thinking of buying on your own.

Our sellers were excellent decorators, and they asked us if we wanted to buy their curtains at $20 per window. I still regret not doing that. Do you have any idea how expensive curtains are? It's madness!

Also, your credit is going to take a hit after the closing and you may not be able to finance things as easily for a while.

They actually told us they may have things to sell after they try selling a lot to family members.

And I didn't know my credit would take a hit! that's good to know now.  My credit is pretty good right now, scares me to take a hit. 

Just paint the cat its original color. :w00t:

I think lighter fluid works as paint remover in a pinch.