Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I do know this. One of the vaccinations was the direct cause of my daughter spinning around in circles for three days.

The conclusion of most studies that a connection be vaccines and autism is "unlikely" just isn't definitive enough for me.

As a parent, I can completely empathize with this thought. Our second is in the process of getting tested for Spectrum. I'd like a lot more research. My original complaint was about McCarthy, specifically because she drives fear of critical life saving medicine based almost entirely on a study and a man that has been refuted as fraud by multiple varying sources.

For sure, never trust one source. I've been becoming more of a fan of Al Jazeera. I'm sure they have their own agenda just like everybody else, but you'll see stories on there (especially global news) that you won't find on any of the regular news networks.

I like Al Jazeera. They covered the Arab spring very well and it's nice to escape the corporate American media sphere.

The moronic, stinky, and worthless grad student is officially going to get his Master's degree. While I realize they couldn't easily force him out at this point if he'd put in at least some effort to write a thesis, the fact remains that the effort was minimal and he is not even remotely competent in our field of study. Our summer undergrad student has displayed better technique and greater comprehension than this fool, and I find it offensive that he's going to have the same degree as I do because he managed to stick around for 4 years and people are too f*cking nice. I'm going to get stuck participating in a congratulatory lunch with him at some point, too, the idea of which makes me want to throw up (or punch someone, or both).

As a parent, I can completely empathize with this thought. Our second is in the process of getting tested for Spectrum. I'd like a lot more research. My original complaint was about McCarthy, specifically because she drives fear of critical life saving medicine based almost entirely on a study and a man that has been refuted as fraud by multiple varying sources.

Yeah, but her cans are glorious.

The moronic, stinky, and worthless grad student is officially going to get his Master's degree. While I realize they couldn't easily force him out at this point if he'd put in at least some effort to write a thesis, the fact remains that the effort was minimal and he is not even remotely competent in our field of study. Our summer undergrad student has displayed better technique and greater comprehension than this fool, and I find it offensive that he's going to have the same degree as I do because he managed to stick around for 4 years and people are too f*cking nice. I'm going to get stuck participating in a congratulatory lunch with him at some point, too, the idea of which makes me want to throw up (or punch someone, or both).

Make sure you tell him you'll write a reference letter for him. Good way to punch him in the gut.

Make sure you tell him you'll write a reference letter for him. Good way to punch him in the gut.

lol I wouldn't be surprised if he asked; he's generally oblivious to the reality of his incompetence and our general dislike of him. He wanted me to read his thesis, but I (gently) suggested it was his committee's job to do that and he dropped it. I'd be amazed if he even gets an interview in our line of work, to be honest... the job market is tough enough as it is, and people will see he went to grad school for 4 years and left with a Master's and no publications and probably figure out he's not exactly a prime candidate before even getting to letters of recommendation.

Ugh -- damn neighbor is still coughing and narrating every damn thing in her overly loud voice. Now it sounds like she has GI problems, too. :sick:

Ewww. Hopefully no "specimens" coming your way.

Holy crap it's Thursday!

and complaint? Summer is almost gone. I need a good concert.

No! Those bastards! House Hunters, Property Virgins, bunch of false advertisements!

My realitor just called me back, they accepted. Complaint officially withdrawn.

Congrats man.

I just went through the same thing, back and forth with the offers. Aggravating. Finally, we made a deal.

In 45-60 days, I could be building my Sabres man-cave, as long as the lawyers don't screw it up...

Congrats man.

I just went through the same thing, back and forth with the offers. Aggravating. Finally, we made a deal.

In 45-60 days, I could be building my Sabres man-cave, as long as the lawyers don't screw it up...

Should be setting up the cave around the same time. Mid September.

We're doing a rehearsal dinner for my wedding at a hotel next week. Now that we're about to finalize the payment, they're suddenly dangling a much nicer banquet room in front of us. They're pulling a "well if I had showed you the room 6 months ago, I would have showed you this one and not the one you booked" story in front of us. I can't wait to see how much extra this room costs so that the bait and switch will be complete.

I had a massage yesterday (boo-hoo, I know), and although my back feels better, my neck and shoulders are super sore where she couldn't get all the knots out. Ouch. And for some reason I've lost the ability to sleep through the night this past week, so I'm beat. Gotta find some Tylenol PM or something.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people in this city don't understand how a crosswalk operates. If you dropped these pedestrians in any East Coast city, they'd be dead. If you dropped these drivers in any East Coast city, the native pedestrians would be dead. It's not hard; cross with traffic, and don't turn into pedestrians who are crossing with traffic.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people in this city don't understand how a crosswalk operates. If you dropped these pedestrians in any East Coast city, they'd be dead. If you dropped these drivers in any East Coast city, the native pedestrians would be dead. It's not hard; cross with traffic, and don't turn into pedestrians who are crossing with traffic.

I think the concept of "right-of-way" is too complicated for a significant portion of western NY drivers. I mean seriously, how complicated is a crosswalk or roundabout?

I had a massage yesterday (boo-hoo, I know), and although my back feels better, my neck and shoulders are super sore where she couldn't get all the knots out. Ouch. And for some reason I've lost the ability to sleep through the night this past week, so I'm beat. Gotta find some Tylenol PM or something.

That's no fun. If you haven't already, I recommend getting a foam roller. Things hurt like hell but I've had significantly less back/shoulder trouble since using one. They help with calves and quads and such too. Neck's a little tough to get to with one, though. Good luck with it all!

That's no fun. If you haven't already, I recommend getting a foam roller. Things hurt like hell but I've had significantly less back/shoulder trouble since using one. They help with calves and quads and such too. Neck's a little tough to get to with one, though. Good luck with it all!

Never seen / heard of those... I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Lacrosse ball between your neck/back/shoulder and a wall.

The wife has been gone for two weeks, but comes home tonight (no, that's not my complaint). In that time, I've been lucky enough to be woken up by my dogs at 5:30am on the only day of the week I could voluntarily sleep in (Sundays). This past Saturday night, I didn't get to bed until 1:30am because of work and then get awoken promptly 4 hours later.

In addition, one of the dogs got fleas somehow and has been itching himself non-stop for the past three nights. He got a flea bath on Sunday and it was suggested to wait 2-3 days to put the Frontline medicine on him. The wife then tells me to wait until she gets home, so for the past three nights, I've been woken up by him at least twice because he's itching like there's no tomorrow and pounding his foot on the bed while he does that. I feel bad for the guy, but I feel worse that I can't do anything for him and that I've gotten half the amount of sleep that I'm used to since Saturday night. Of course, going to the Bon Jovi concert on Monday night didn't help that, either.

:yawn: