Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Dammit; the one time I actually give a rat's azz about a basketball game and the effing signal keeps dropping. No idea if my antenna's gone sketchy or it's a broadcast issue, but seriously aggravating. It's game 7 of the finals!! Argh.

I've encountered a new kind of stupid driver this week. I got stuck behind a woman who was turning left this week. Usually you can just go around on the right, but this one decided to loop out to the right so she could make a ridiculously wide turn. Doing this completely blocked off that side of the road.

And I've seen a couple people on facebook today praising the Patriots for cutting Hernandez, saying that they're so much better than other teams for doing that right away. Call me crazy, but the whole "well at least we cut our murderer" stance seems like a pretty weak one to be taking right now. They're not suddenly on some moral high ground for making this no brain decision. They just have a huge black eye from this thing and it isn't going away any time soon.

There's some kind of registry hijack bug that keeps finding its way back onto my work computer. The stupid thing boogers up all my network connections and makes the whole thing slow to the point where all I can do is a hard reboot, and somehow it comes back about every week or two after removing with a malware removal program. So aggravating.

And yet another round of potentially expensive car repairs has me thinking it might be time to trade it in. That might not seem like a bad thing, but I actually really like my car ('02 Camry). I've been diligent with maintenance, and planned to take it over 200,000 miles and enjoy owning it free and clear for a while longer. I really don't want a car payment and the higher insurance costs that go with a newer vehicle, but the surprise repairs have gotten more frequent and more costly in recent months, and I'm not sure I want to mess with it any more. Decisions, decisions...

There's some kind of registry hijack bug that keeps finding its way back onto my work computer. The stupid thing boogers up all my network connections and makes the whole thing slow to the point where all I can do is a hard reboot, and somehow it comes back about every week or two after removing with a malware removal program. So aggravating.

And yet another round of potentially expensive car repairs has me thinking it might be time to trade it in. That might not seem like a bad thing, but I actually really like my car ('02 Camry). I've been diligent with maintenance, and planned to take it over 200,000 miles and enjoy owning it free and clear for a while longer. I really don't want a car payment and the higher insurance costs that go with a newer vehicle, but the surprise repairs have gotten more frequent and more costly in recent months, and I'm not sure I want to mess with it any more. Decisions, decisions...

You don't have IT people to deal with that?

You don't have IT people to deal with that?

Our IT people aren't very good, and they're generally disinclined to involve themselves when the machine isn't on lease from the University (my boss tends to be a do-it-yourselfer). So I haven't asked for their help, for those reasons and because the malware removal does the trick for at least a few days. It's better now that I know to just close programs and run the malware porgram as soon as the network goes wonky, but still annoying.

Edited by biodork

Our IT people aren't very good, and they're generally disinclined to involve themselves when the machine isn't on lease from the University (my boss tends to be a do-it-yourselfer). So I haven't asked for their help, for those reasons and because the malware removal does the trick for at least a few days. It's better now that I know to just close programs and run the malware porgram as soon as the network goes wonky, but still annoying.

House hunting. Nice on the outside, piece of crap on the inside or vice versa.

That's pretty much how it goes. I don't know what calculus you use for a house, but if I were buying again (and I may be before too long), take a long look at how far you are from work (commute time) and how far you are from places you want to go on a regular basis. I screwed those up and it seems like I'm in the car a lot now. It's not as bad on the bike when (like last night), I take the scenic route home.

You can always fix up the inside. :)

lol what was that?

Home inspection!! You're probably better off now than when I bought in 2006, but make sure your home inspector is thorough, and walk through with them. If you have any reservations, either get the seller to address them or don't make an offer. You don't want to get into the place and have any surprises in the first year or so.

I agree with our friend GCOE.

Generally, the outside is a lot easier (read less expensive) to fix up then the inside.

lol what was that?

Oh, dear ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Johnny_Fever

I fell down a flight of stairs on Saturday. I was tempted to make an off topic thread about it. I got up at 7am to let the dog out and that big galoot though there was enough room for both of us at the same time. My feet got taken out and I took the express flight down the stairs. this happened right at the top step.

When I new I was going down I made a desparate reach for the railing. My right hand got caught in the bannisters and got bent, twisted, and stretched all kinds of bad ways. I knew on the way down I messed my hand up. And I hit the wall at the bottom of the stairs hard. After taking a moment to make sure all of my limbs were still under my control I looked at my right hand. The middle finger was bent 90o to the right. Oh that can't be good. And it hurt like hell. And I did something I never thought I'd have the stomach to do. I pulled the finger out and set it back into position. That hurt like hell.

I ended up going to an urgent care center to have it looked at. Dislocated the joint. Won't know about tendon/ligament damage until the swelling goes down. My middle finger still looks like a bratwurst left on the grill too long. I have maybe 20% movement in that finger. Doc sez if it isn't improved significantly by Saturday I should make an appt with my regular doc to get it evaluated further.

I fell down a flight of stairs on Saturday. I was tempted to make an off topic thread about it. I got up at 7am to let the dog out and that big galoot though there was enough room for both of us at the same time. My feet got taken out and I took the express flight down the stairs. this happened right at the top step.

When I new I was going down I made a desparate reach for the railing. My right hand got caught in the bannisters and got bent, twisted, and stretched all kinds of bad ways. I knew on the way down I messed my hand up. And I hit the wall at the bottom of the stairs hard. After taking a moment to make sure all of my limbs were still under my control I looked at my right hand. The middle finger was bent 90o to the right. Oh that can't be good. And it hurt like hell. And I did something I never thought I'd have the stomach to do. I pulled the finger out and set it back into position. That hurt like hell.

I ended up going to an urgent care center to have it looked at. Dislocated the joint. Won't know about tendon/ligament damage until the swelling goes down. My middle finger still looks like a bratwurst left on the grill too long. I have maybe 20% movement in that finger. Doc sez if it isn't improved significantly by Saturday I should make an appt with my regular doc to get it evaluated further.

If you had home surveillance cameras, you'd be a you-tube millionaire by next week. Kudo's to your severe bad-ass-itude for setting the finger yourself, and heal well, my friend.

OUCH -- you are badass, my friend. Hope that heals without too much trouble.

I've encountered a new kind of stupid driver this week. I got stuck behind a woman who was turning left this week. Usually you can just go around on the right, but this one decided to loop out to the right so she could make a ridiculously wide turn. Doing this completely blocked off that side of the road.

And I've seen a couple people on facebook today praising the Patriots for cutting Hernandez, saying that they're so much better than other teams for doing that right away. Call me crazy, but the whole "well at least we cut our murderer" stance seems like a pretty weak one to be taking right now. They're not suddenly on some moral high ground for making this no brain decision. They just have a huge black eye from this thing and it isn't going away any time soon.

Not gonna lie, I do this sometimes to prevent people from going around me on the shoulder on roads where I know they aren't watching for bikers and runners who might be coming at us. Some times people just need to be patient.