Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My complaint is that women cannot bring purses/bags into hockey games.  

We are going to the Sabres - Blues tonight and my wife is upset, again, as usual, about the policy that she knows is full well is in force. 

I can talk about bad people, public safety, and its only 3 hours, etc.   I cannot stop the complaining, so I am complaining about the complaining.  

Frustrated Jennifer Aniston GIF

Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

My complaint is that women cannot bring purses/bags into hockey games.  

We are going to the Sabres - Blues tonight and my wife is upset, again, as usual, about the policy that she knows is full well is in force. 

I can talk about bad people, public safety, and its only 3 hours, etc.   I cannot stop the complaining, so I am complaining about the complaining.  

Frustrated Jennifer Aniston GIF

Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It’s all a show anyway. 

Double whammy today.

Two summers ago I slipped on a concrete boat launch that was pretty slimy and fell hard.  My tailbone had been messed up ever since.  Got an MRI.  My tailbone is officially messed up.  Talked to a surgeon today.  He indicated that there isn’t much of anything treatment wise that can be done.  PT and cortisone injections apparently have poor success rates and surgery is essentially removal of the tailbone.  He said there are only a couple of surgeons that do it, and success rates are not good either.  He highly recommends I not pursue that route.  Message was essentially, deal with it, change how I manage it, and find a support group for that sort of injury.

***** me.  I have to live with this I guess.

Aaaaaand.  The wife and I have been planning a 4 day weekend in the Finger Lakes.  Got an airbnb with reservations starting tomorrow.  Guess who has two thumbs and a brand new upper respiratory infection?  This guy.

Hoping the host will allow us to move the dates out today. ***** head colds.

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

Guess who has two thumbs and a brand new upper respiratory infection?  This guy.

I've been dealing with a mild upper resp for about a week now.  If it's Covid, it's very, very mild; I haven't tested.  BUT it came with a dandy of a cold sore.  I probably get one every couple years or so.  I hate those summabitches.

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I've been dealing with a mild upper resp for about a week now.  If it's Covid, it's very, very mild; I haven't tested.  BUT it came with a dandy of a cold sore.  I probably get one every couple years or so.  I hate those summabitches.

Lysine (the amino acid) does wonders for cold sores in my experience.

Almost three weeks in and still feeling the effects of covid: no energy, sore-ish throat, ears aching and ringing non-stop.

Sucks.

Also, idiots who don't realize that things don't happen by magic. They take a lot of time and work.

6 minutes ago, sabremike said:

There are only an estimated 117,000 giraffes left in the world. This is unacceptable bull *****, we need more giraffes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s actually a lot more giraffes than I would have guessed. Is the population healthy? 

12 minutes ago, sabremike said:

There are only an estimated 117,000 giraffes left in the world. This is unacceptable bull *****, we need more giraffes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But those are only the ones who answered the census.

• Haha (+1) 2

Websites that are legitimate businesses that have delayed pop ups, either ads or 'how can we help you' windows.

This morning I was on Best Buy's website and it loaded, waited a second or two...started typing in the search bar and then a few characters into it a pop up on in the lower corner showed up and stopped me from typing what I was halfway through.  Their own 'customer service/how may I help you' pop up window is actually preventing me from doing what i want to do and I know how to do.

Other sites will look like they are 'mostly' loaded and there search bar is there at the top of the page, but when you go to click on it, you realize that Ads are loading on the page still and the search bar seems to just 'jump around' and move slightly as the ads are loaded, only to make you click on one of the ads when you were just trying to click on the search.

And this is becoming my new favorite....legit websites for news or technology stories....close to half of the page is now covered by ads and when you read their story, a pop up comes up. You clear the pop up but as soon as you scroll down another pop up shows up 20 seconds later. Clear that and then another ad shows up that isn't a traditional pop-up...but it takes up the bottom 40% of the screen. So now with that ad on the bottom, and the ad on the top, and the ads on the side, you are trying to read an article on just about 20% of your screen and its almost not worth it.

Edited by mjd1001

They have been building the house right next door to me for almost 5 years.

I am so GD sick of living in a construction zone, with having to back out of my driveway like a video game because the cul de sac is filled with vehicles that block my driveway and the douchebag contractors don't even move, and there is always some new GD machine that is really loud and rattling the ***** house, and the pile of garbage at the property line, and the empty water bottles and construction material packaging that ends up blowing into my yard after storms, and,... there is more, but you get the point.

The 19-20 year old across the street from me has the loudest damn car imaginable. He uses a remote start every single time and leaves it running constantly. There are times where he has to use the remote start 2-3 times because it times out before he actually tries to get in the car. Did I mention that he does this at 3 am and the car is essentially parked right outside my bedroom window? Even his parents hate the car. 

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They have been building the house right next door to me for almost 5 years.

I am so GD sick of living in a construction zone, with having to back out of my driveway like a video game because the cul de sac is filled with vehicles that block my driveway and the douchebag contractors don't even move, and there is always some new GD machine that is really loud and rattling the ***** house, and the pile of garbage at the property line, and the empty water bottles and construction material packaging that ends up blowing into my yard after storms, and,... there is more, but you get the point.

I had the same problem in the past. Even now, anytime anyone is doing any work in the neighborhood, the contractors block my driveway, parked 3 feet off the curb. Have you ever considered calling to report an illegally parked vehicle?

48 minutes ago, shrader said:

I had the same problem in the past. Even now, anytime anyone is doing any work in the neighborhood, the contractors block my driveway, parked 3 feet off the curb. Have you ever considered calling to report an illegally parked vehicle?

I have just taken pictures of it all the entire time, should they say one thing about anything, once they move in; noise, yard, cars, anything.

"I'm glad you brought this up. Let's have a talk about what crappy neighbors look like." (opens phone)

47 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I have just taken pictures of it all the entire time, should they say one thing about anything, once they move in; noise, yard, cars, anything.

"I'm glad you brought this up. Let's have a talk about what crappy neighbors look like." (opens phone)

Does it have anything to do with the people moving in though? The contractors out here do whatever the hell they want to. The neighbors aren’t telling them to park in front of the hydrant or in the middle of the street (not kidding on that one).

19 minutes ago, shrader said:

Does it have anything to do with the people moving in though? The contractors out here do whatever the hell they want to. The neighbors aren’t telling them to park in front of the hydrant or in the middle of the street (not kidding on that one).

The workers I get, but the owners come every day to check the progress (they live right in town.) If they don’t see the big pile of garbage that has been right next to our driveway for the past 2 months (and as of today, now well on to our property) then it is on them. If the roles were reversed, I would never let contractors do to my new neighbors what they have let happen. It would have taken so little on their part for me not to care as much, and they still have a chance to make good, but I’m not holding my breath.

5 years, c’mon.

On 11/30/2023 at 12:51 PM, Weave said:

Double whammy today.

Two summers ago I slipped on a concrete boat launch that was pretty slimy and fell hard.  My tailbone had been messed up ever since.  Got an MRI.  My tailbone is officially messed up.  Talked to a surgeon today.  He indicated that there isn’t much of anything treatment wise that can be done.  PT and cortisone injections apparently have poor success rates and surgery is essentially removal of the tailbone.  He said there are only a couple of surgeons that do it, and success rates are not good either.  He highly recommends I not pursue that route.  Message was essentially, deal with it, change how I manage it, and find a support group for that sort of injury.

***** me.  I have to live with this I guess.

Aaaaaand.  The wife and I have been planning a 4 day weekend in the Finger Lakes.  Got an airbnb with reservations starting tomorrow.  Guess who has two thumbs and a brand new upper respiratory infection?  This guy.

Recommending the softest pillows you can find. Believe me, it helps.