GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers Tues Feb27th 7pm ESPN+ and WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

attachment-gettyimages-1243993088-594x594.thumb.jpg.098be703cedb8b522d887c52ee9793e9.jpg

A pair of Atlantic Division teams take the ice in search of a victory as they tangle in the Sunshine State. The Buffalo Sabres are on the road as they make the trek down the east coast to face the Florida Panthers Tuesday night. Buffalo comes in off a 3-2 shootout win at home over Carolina in their previous game Sunday evening. Florida edged Washington 3-2 in overtime at home in their previous contest Saturday. In the last 10 meetings between the teams, the Panthers own a commanding 8-2 advantage and have won the last two meetings, including a 4-0 road win in the most recent meeting on February 15.

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/2-27-2024/buffalo-sabres-vs-florida-panthers-prediction-4870/

• Like (+1) 1

• Shoot da Puck changed the title to GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers Tues Feb27th 7pm MSG ESPN+ and WGR Radio

These are not the same Sabres that barfed all over themselves in the last meeting with the big cats from south FL.

This game is all over SN here in Canada and on *pirate satellite, orbiting your living room*.

A 4 gamer is on the line.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

AVENGE THE PINK PANTHER !!

SWORDS !!

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I have such fond memories of the Sabres' taking 4 points when they went on a 2-game road trip to Florida last February.

Let's do it again!

Last time I attended a game in Florida the Sabres were up 4-1 entering the 3rd then lost 5-4.

Horible road game for me...

We really need to keep this win streak going.  We can beat this team but we need the top players to contribute and score.

Dahlin played almost 32 mins last game, even with Power back, and he has something like 6 or 7 games in a row over 29 minutes.  That is not sustainable.  

That elusive veteran in his prime, a stay at home stud defenseman, it is still such a huge need on this team.  I suppose Samuelsson can be that but he is injured again.  Remember last season when we were in the race and DG could not trust his 5/6/7 to play too many minutes?  We have to get out of this cycle.  Now that we have a #1 goalie this team really needs to add that RHD piece - an off season top priority.  

I am looking forward to this game.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 6

Small advantage Sabres...

Florida has the 5th worst record all-time for teams that are still in the NHL on February 27th at 3-7-0-4, good for a .357 points percentage.  Sabres are marginally better at 7-11-3-0, good for a .405 points percentage(10th worst).

The worst team? Seattle Kraken who are 0-1. The worst team with more than one game is the Arizona Coyotes 2-14-0-2, good for a dismal .167 points percentage.

The best team?  Minnesota Wild who are 8-2-0-0 good for an .800 points percentage all-time.

Edited by matter2003
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm not sure what it is about Florida...I just feel a lot less confident against them than any other team. Boston?  the Rangers?  Something gives me the feeling the Sabres would match up against them much better than Florida.  A win tonight would go a long way to me thinking this team might be turning a legit corner, not just feeding off of weaker opponents.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I have such fond memories of the Sabres' taking 4 points when they went on a 2-game road trip to Florida last February.

Let's do it again!

They probably need to win another 3-4 games in a row before I’m even looking at the standings.  They are in it in a bad way.  The season was lost in 2023.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3