GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers Tues Feb27th 7pm ESPN+ and WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

• spndnchz changed the title to GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers Tues Feb27th 7pm ESPN+ and WGR Radio
3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm not sure what it is about Florida...I just feel a lot less confident against them than any other team. Boston?  the Rangers?  Something gives me the feeling the Sabres would match up against them much better than Florida.  A win tonight would go a long way to me thinking this team might be turning a legit corner, not just feeding off of weaker opponents.

With 26 games left, all but eliminated from the playoffs, and the league/pundit consensus being that this team has no grit or fight in it, we aren't getting anybody's best shot. Hell, we might not be getting some of their good shots. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

If the Sabres go 7-4-1 over their next 12 games, they will have more points than last year at the 70 game mark. 

Saw that. Issue more so is that we’d need to go 9-2-1 after that to keep pace 

16-6-2 to finish above last year’s total

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Dan D is on radio only tonight.

I would like to sit on the deck of the SS Pegula tonight with Terry, and make him listen to Dan call a game on the radio.  It is torture.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Saw that. Issue more so is that we’d need to go 9-2-1 after that to keep pace 

16-6-2 to finish above last year’s total

If they can SOMEHOW get past Florida, Tampa and Winnipeg, things might actually get interesting. That is a very tall order but man, that game 2 nights ago really woke me up. When they tied it at 2-2, it was the most excited I have been all season. 

24 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

If they can SOMEHOW get past Florida, Tampa and Winnipeg, things might actually get interesting. That is a very tall order but man, that game 2 nights ago really woke me up. When they tied it at 2-2, it was the most excited I have been all season. 

That’s good to hear. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

We are bad in front so I expect Reinhart will have a good night padding his stats. 

Reinhart did exactly jack squat by his standards this year with only a single assist not 12 days ago against the Sabres 

I recall UPL stone walling him a few times as well. 

The Sabres are going to bring it tonight against that Sloth Looking Reinhart and the rest of that cheese team 

Edited by TageMVP
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5-1 Sabres:  Thompson:  3 goals by the ten minute mark of the first, Krebs adds another before the period is out.  Cozens gets one at the start of the third and the UPL shutout bid is spoiled by a Power own goal that gets credited to Sam Reinhart.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

I do feel for those dependent on radio tonight.

The Sabres will be on a PP while Dan and Ray are talking about their favorite burger joint. 

then Dunleavy will say.....oh and it's in. Only PBP announcer I've ever heard that can't say SCORE

Edited by nucci
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

5-1 Sabres:  Thompson:  3 goals by the ten minute mark of the first, Krebs adds another before the period is out.  Cozens gets one at the start of the third and the UPL shutout bid is spoiled by a Power own goal that gets credited to Sam Reinhart.

Thompson with no goals in the final 50 minutes? The "What’s wrong with Tage?" crowd will be ravenous 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, nucci said:

then Dunleavy will say.....oh and it's in. Only PBP announcer I've ever heard that can't say GOAL

I gave Dan a chance because it's unfair to judge him after having one of the greatest of all-time for 40 years.  He just gets worse.  Even RJ, at the end when he was slipping, was a stratosphere above Dan on his best day. I would hope the are actively searching for a replacement because it's that bad but in reality he fits in perfect with the mediocre production values we see every broadcast. 

• Like (+1) 1