GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers Tues Feb27th 7pm ESPN+ and WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

After the unsportsmanlike they called against the bench I didn't dare watch his post-game.  I figured it would be too cringe.

Was it?

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

When I go camping I eat cereal out of a small box, where you poor the milk right in 

You're a regular Euell Gibbons.

• Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He was asked about what their coach recently said, that they are easy to coach because of the internal leadership.  He had to dispute that a little bit, but also added that their roster is filled with leaders and hungry players.  

Is there something I don’t know about the current owner that makes it seem like he won’t sign Brind’Amour?  Is he a notorious cheap skate?  Did Rod pull a Teds Nolans?  

Just now, inkman said:

Is there something I don’t know about the current owner that makes it seem like he won’t sign Brind’Amour?  Is he a notorious cheap skate?  Did Rod pull a Teds Nolans?  

I heard Brind’Amour got Brind’Amoured again by Tom Dundon 

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Benson seems to have a weird thing about him that’s causing a bunch of bogus calls.

I still believe this team has dearly missed a “cagey” vet who can teach these kids the who, what, where, and when to act and get away with it. Seems like any instance of tomfoolery by Buffalo gets called. To me that’s mostly on the players to be better about. I wouldn’t discourage it, they’ve just gotta be smarter. 

Two slightly different issues that could both be resolved by our front office. 

A-*****-men!!!

17 hours ago, ... said:

Adams needs to make some significant moves. Keep Mitts but trade Tommy Dangles and Power while their value is still high. IMHO they're duds who, along with Skinner, are weighing down the team.

Don’t think Thompson and Power are duds, but do think both are overrated and overhyped… Would trade one or both for the right pieces… Would not trade Mitts… Steady second line center or wing… Gamer.

16 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

I’m not currently watching but just by reading everyone’s comments I can picture how they’re playing. The same old soft, weak, slow, lethargic, effortless, pass happy piss poor power play, no guy in front Buffalo Sabres 

I didn’t see the game, but reading along here it like you are… Would add the Refs gave the Panthers an untimely advantage… and the Panthers didn’t waste it.

16 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Our PP is so ugly

KA needs to trade for a strong leader with hands and passing skills to QB the our top PP Unit… and move Dahlin to the second unit.

• dislike 1

15 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

KO battles in front of the net. He deserves a lot of credit for what he is doing on PP2 

Agree… but call it a late season audition for a shot with a SC contender… KO didn’t play this way most of the season, imo

43 minutes ago, inkman said:

Dundon is considered a cheapish owner and rather money hungry. He's the owner who upon the jersey sponsor debate coming up said he'd love multiple. Supposedly RBA's last contract was a difficult situation due to Dundon trying to badly under cut him. He is willing to spend money occasionally but his largest monetary expenditure in the NHL comes from a petty RFA fight he had with Montreal.  

6 hours ago, #freejame said:

That’s correct. But how you handle adversity is a big factor in determining whether you are a good or a bad team. We handle adversity very poorly. 

A team reflects its Coach and Captain and Veteran Leaders…

Listening to DG, KO, Tuch and TNT post game comments after losses this season, I heard mostly acceptance… “We’re the youngest team” … “We hear the boos” et al… Not one of them inspired a strong team response to adversity or losing… Doubt it was any better in the locker room or at practices where the stunt was hatched… If it was, it rarely carried over to game days.

KA needs to make wholesale roster changes… or it will be more of the same next season, I fear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I accidentally clicked this bookmarked link when my phone was connected to the speakers in my car: ended up listening to it on full volume blast. Did we ever have it f*cking awesome 

14 minutes ago, Believer said:

A team reflects its Coach and Captain and Veteran Leaders…

Listening to DG, KO, Tuch and TNT post game comments after losses this season, I heard mostly acceptance… “We’re the youngest team” … “We hear the boos” et al… Not one of them inspired a strong team response to adversity or losing… Doubt it was any better in the locker room or at practices where the stunt was hatched… If it was, it rarely carried over to game days.

KA needs to make wholesale roster changes… or it will be more of the same next season, I fear.

Did they really tout the youngest team thing? That’s a farce 

funnily enough I saw a stat on tv the other day that it’s no even true anymore lol. It’s merely a narrative 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Thorny said:

I accidentally clicked this bookmarked link when my phone was connected to the speakers in my car: ended up listening to it on full volume blast. Did we ever have it f*cking awesome 

Boy the way Population played

McCormick made the hit parade

Fans like us, we had it made

Those were the days!

And you knew where Van was then

Sens were Sens and men were men

Mister we could use a man like Mike Weber again

Didn't need no prospect slate

Pat Kaleta threw his weight

Gee, our old RJ sounded great

Those were the days!

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Boy the way Population played

McCormick made the hit parade

Fans like us, we had it made

Those were the days!

And you knew where Van was then

Sens were Sens and men were men

Mister we could use a man like Mike Weber again

Didn't need no prospect slate

Pat Kaleta threw his weight

Gee, our old RJ sounded great

Those were the days!

This is brilliant thank you

- - - 

and thanks for getting that annoying tune stuck in my head too 

On 2/28/2024 at 12:35 PM, Believer said:

Don’t think Thompson and Power are duds, but do think both are overrated and overhyped… Would trade one or both for the right pieces… Would not trade Mitts… Steady second line center or wing… Gamer.

They're massive duds and it's all in their passivity.

27 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

They're massive duds and it's all in their passivity.

Agree about their passivity… Unfortunately can’t train aggressiveness.

Damn… Try clearing out the screen, Dahlin… 6 feet away.

Lightning shots inside the keys and both goals around the net… Sabres shots mostly above the keys…

We still refuse to attack the net… Confounding… It is a choice… Must drive Granato crazy.

• Haha (+1) 1