Harrington tweet indicates DG will be back next year with a new assistant staff

nfreeman

25 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

No, fire them all NOW Adams. 

Granatos a cardboard cutout at this point

Every fan here knew 10 GAMES IN the assistants STUNK 

Fire Granato too he's clueless, no more mulligans 

Kevyn Adams is far more detrimental to this franchise than Meatballs is. 

My depth chart for most important moves for this franchise is as follows: 

1. Pegula sells the team to somebody who keeps it in Buffalo.
2. Get a new GM

3. Replace Donnie 

Don't get me wrong.  Coaching is a problem and is likely a problem no matter who is GM and owner. But I truly believe Terry Pegula is a worse owner and Kevyn Adams is a worse GM than Granato is a hockey coach by some margin. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Gee, I wonder how this is going to work out?

If they were going to do this why didn’t they make the move mid season like the Bills did with Dorsey?  It’s another reactive move.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

I’d like to know who is responsible for the team not coming out and playing hard from the start of the game.  Is it DG, is it the assistants, the players or all of the above?  Will changing the assistants change the team from the start of the game or will cleaning out the entire coaching staff and much of the roster?

• Like (+1) 2

The PP has been the main problem this year. The rest of the league figured it out halfway through last season, and it doesn't look like it's changed at all since. Maybe a new assistant coach with fresh ideas can help.

5 on 5 they are 110/105 GF/GA which theoretically would be wildcard level.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

If some of these guys are unemployed, we should bring them in now.

BOB WOODS!!!!!!!!!

And like you, really don't understand why, if guys they think are better than the ones that are here, are/were availbable that moves weren't made midseason.

• Like (+1) 2

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George decides to do the exact opposite of what he thinks he should do.  By doing the opposite, things work out great.  I wish somehow Pegula could be George in any decision involving the Sabres......do the exact opposite please!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Weave said:

I am OK with this on one condition, KAs and DGs career depend on it working out.

If it fails, bloodbath in the front office.

Yes.

But am still very disappointed that when Bob Woods became available that they didn't make a play for him immediately.  If the Pegulas or management really love them some Matt Ellis he could've been reassigned to the Amerks, development, or something in the HSBC Center.  

Personally, do expect major changes at the assistant level this season and if that and other moves this off-season don't right the ship, expect Granato gone at the end of that season.  But doubt that Adams is out the door unless they fail an additional season.

Really like Granato as a person.  But am at the point where it'd be fine to punt Donnie this off-season as well.  How friggin' cool would it be if Brind'Amour actually decided to leave Carolina?  (Yeah, that ain't happening.  But it sure would be sweet.)

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’d like to know who is responsible for the team not coming out and playing hard from the start of the game.  Is it DG, is it the assistants, the players or all of the above?  Will changing the assistants change the team from the start of the game or will cleaning out the entire coaching staff and much of the roster?

Coach and players.  The coach can only do so much, that’s when the team leaders need to step in. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yes.

But am still very disappointed that when Bob Woods became available that they didn't make a play for him immediately.  If the Pegulas or management really love them some Matt Ellis he could've been reassigned to the Amerks, development, or something in the HSBC Center.  

Personally, do expect major changes at the assistant level this season and if that and other moves this off-season don't right the ship, expect Granato gone at the end of that season.  But doubt that Adams is out the door unless they fail an additional season.

Really like Granato as a person.  But am at the point where it'd be fine to punt Donnie this off-season as well.  How friggin' cool would it be if Brind'Amour actually decided to leave Carolina?  (Yeah, that ain't happening.  But it sure would be sweet.)

Brind’Amour wouldn’t choose to leave Carolina as much as Carolina might lowball him. In that situation we’d have an opportunity to get him.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Gee, I wonder how this is going to work out?

Mike Weber and Mike Peca leave for NHL asst coaching jobs on other teams and no one blinks.   

They stick with DG’s and his crew.  The team falters and now the report is they scapegoat the assistant coaches and not the coach or GM. 

If this is true then Pegula/Adams are even worse than I thought. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.