ESPN: Skinner out ‘week to week’

Marvin

Great.  On a team that is having trouble scoring goals...

Skinner is:

-Team leader in goals by a wide margin.

-Only player on the team on pace for over 30 goals.  

-Last year you had your top 5 goal scorers account for about 60% of the teams goals.  4 of the 5 are WAY down in production. Skinner is the only one this year that isn't.

If this team isn't winning, the only entertainment I get is watching goals. Skinner is (was) the only consistent source of goals on this team.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Contempt said:

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Yeah whether it’s the current state of the team or Skinners god awful play when he’s more than 10 feet from the net, this injury doesn’t phase me atoll.  

Edited by inkman
  • Agree 1

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate. 

Thank you.

• spndnchz changed the title to ESPN: Skinner out ‘week to week’

I was unable to watch last night so I didn’t see how the PP unit performed.

IMO Skinner can easily be replaced on PP1. Yes he scores but he gives the puck away with bad passes and he doesn’t help on zone entries. I think someone like Quinn can bring more to the first unit and may be a blessing in disguise.

Skinner’s overall offense will be missed, however.

What is all this negative Skinner talk?  

He leads the team in goals, he is just 2 points behind the overall point leader.  He is a -1, which is better than any of his line mates.  Some nights he looks like the only guy that showed up.  

Yes, his 200 ft game is not great but very few on this team contribute significantly more?  

It sounds like some of Peter’s/Rivet toxic garbage seeping in. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

What is all this negative Skinner talk?  

He leads the team in goals, he is just 2 points behind the overall point leader.  He is a -1, which is better than any of his line mates.  Some nights he looks like the only guy that showed up.  

Yes, his 200 ft game is not great but very few on this team contribute significantly more?  

It sounds like some of Peter’s/Rivet toxic garbage seeping in. 

He’s a great finisher.  I can’t think of another area of the game he excels at.  His decision making is poor.  He coughs up the puck on the PP with regularity.  I’ve seen his teammates purposely pass him up for a pass when he’s wide open because they know the chances are good that the puck will go the other way.  He’s just not a fundamentally sound hockey player.  Great goal scorer.  Don’t ask him to do anything else. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

He’s a great finisher.  I can’t think of another area of the game he excels at.  His decision making is poor.  He coughs up the puck on the PP with regularity.  I’ve seen his teammates purposely pass him up for a pass when he’s wide open because they know the chances are good that the puck will go the other way.  He’s just not a fundamentally sound hockey player.  Great goal scorer.  Don’t ask him to do anything else. 

So he's the Dahlin of the forwards?

Sorry... Swamp nailed it.

When you have all this talent and nothing to show for it in the standings, what else are you supposed to think?

It's like one interminable preseason.

27 minutes ago, inkman said:

His passing this year has been good. In fact, I would go so far as saying that he has been over-passing. Over the past season or so he has worked hard to better round out his game. And from what I have seen, he has done so. There is no question that he is not a top tier two-way player. But he has worked hard on improving that aspect of his game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.