Filip Cederqvist to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for future considerations

LGR4GM

I don't see how this helps the Sabres, but maybe there was a backlog of players in Rochester and Cederqvist wasn't getting any playing time, so they did the guy a favor.  Obviously (or at least I'd like to think) the Sabres didn't see him in their future plans.  I'm not sure what the "future considerations" would be.

It's bringing balance to The Concept Of. You get Robinson for future considerations, you pass the considerations on to someone else. Also, don't forget this move saves money on the remaining half season of his contract.

I reserve the right to laugh when Cederqvist becomes a revelatory bottom 6 grinder and is traded for a 4th at the deadline as this year's Scandella Experience.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Weave said:

Why?

I’m almost certain this is a nothing move but for the love of the hockey gods, can the Sabres stop ridding themselves of every player in the org that has size and grit. 

Borgen

Delauries

Carrier

McNabb

Montour

Hagel

Lyubushkin

Foligno 

Fasching

Cederqvist 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Finally!  The shake-up they most desperately needed!

PREPARE THE BANNER

And it only took losing to the Kraken at home to do it.  Now, if they lose to Ottawa tonight does Cale Klague get moved for future considerations?  

54 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It's bringing balance to The Concept Of. You get Robinson for future considerations, you pass the considerations on to someone else. Also, don't forget this move saves money on the remaining half season of his contract.

I reserve the right to laugh when Cederqvist becomes a revelatory bottom 6 grinder and is traded for a 4th at the deadline as this year's Scandella Experience.

Take a penny, leave a penny.

• Haha (+1) 5

36 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’m almost certain this is a nothing move but for the love of the hockey gods, can the Sabres stop ridding themselves of every player in the org that has size and grit. 

Borgen

Delauries

Carrier

McNabb

Montour

Hagel

Lyubushkin

Foligno 

Fasching

Cederqvist 

They definitely have a type they like and don’t like and if the past 13 years have shown anything it should be that they need to keep more of these “compete” guys around.

And you can add Kane and Bogosian to the list too😃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Offhand comment? If not, explain.  We have plenty of contract space.

Yes an off handed comment, but he was buried on the prospect depth chart playing in only 19 of the Amerks 31 games.  He was never making the Sabres. He needed a fresh start elsewhere.

6 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Robinson was traded for a CONDITIONAL 7TH ROUND PICK, thank you very much.

angry willy wonka GIF

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Because we demoted Jost

Nbc Noice GIF by Law & Order

• Thanks (+1) 1

I’m not close to bent out of shape over this. But it does perhaps speak to the issue of having too many bodies within a certain age-range.  Without trading an established forward, there is little room for our high-end prospects in Buffalo. And the sheer # of prospects that we have, means there is insufficient oxygen for the b and c level players to grow and develop. This not only means that few will make it to Buffalo but also that they will have diminished to no value. 

• Like (+1) 2

I am not going to say that i know every prospect we have and how good they are. I do know that we have way more prospects with abilities to play in the NHL then we will have room on the roster for. Not to mention that almost all of them seem to be from the same mold. Skilled offensive players with little or no forechecking ability/defensive ability, and grit. Sabres have a long history of getting rid of players that a "Heavier" game. Our current roster although "Slightly" heavier, still needs a bit more. Time for KA to move some capital for a "Heavy" power forward, and a "Heavy" defensive dman. That is 100% what this team needs. If they got both of those, the difference would be huge in the team playing ability. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.