GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Sun. 6 pm ET, Dec 31, 2023, MSG-B, TSN 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

image.png.18c5651a0c12bda21cbbaee17cb8c0f1.png@  image.png.8cabc5e2b6e5c080579286e94fc421a2.png

15-17-4 (4-4-2, W1)                       13-18-0 (3-7-0, L1)

32 pts. / 36 gms.                               26 pts. / 31 gms.          

14th in East                                         16th in East

• Sabres scorching hot on a one game winning streak, looking for the first 4 pt. streak this season... 
  • Boys in Blue surging in the standings ...now only 6 pts. back of WC2 (only 6 teams to jump) Developing....
  • Those in the know spilling the beans on the dissent in the organization:
    • Coaching controversy swirls as Donny left home "sick" while Seth sent north to the capitol for tonight's swirl v Sens
      • Players insist "they play for Donny", but actually did for Seth...
      • Whispers from the halls of KBC....HCSA: imminent takeover in BUF?  Expansion of HC duties in BUF as well as ROCH? Inquiring minds....
    • On the broadcast:
      • Rayzor seen actually watching games over his readers, heard talking over Dan more and more during PxP. Insiders hint at Ray being 'sick' of Dan chatting inanely and not describing the play on the ice...puck to the face a possible turning point ...
      • Duffer sporting a tuke on broadcast,  secret hair plugs or Hair Club for Men subscription suspected ....  

This, and more tonight on As the Swords Sharpen (a.k.a. long knives out)...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Ott has two of those elusive 2-game win streaks in Dec, but has lost 9 this month, including 6 in a row.  With 6 fewer games played than the Sabres (37) these two teams are tied with 18 Ls.

Looking at the standings and trying to take a positive view, TB (also 37gp) and Toronto (34) each only have 2 more wins than the Sabres thus far.   That's kinda crazy given the negative environment around here, which I fully support.  Here's to Quinn continuing to be a huge difference maker, and a healthy 2024!

• Like (+1) 1

Ottawa will be rested vs Buffalo, the boys need to simplify their game and get some good saves. I expect Levi to start and at least he will be fresh.

Ottawa has had terrible goaltending this year, the Sabres need to shoot more and chase rebounds. That team is more fragile than the Sabres at the moment and can be beaten with decent play.

There was a lot of chatter about the Yzerplan being more successful than KA’s plan and Ottawa having a better blend of players but it seems like all 3 of these upcoming teams will once again be bridesmaids. They are in the bottom 5 in the east. I think Buffalo finishes ahead of both of them but there is no glory in that. Perhaps Yzerman may not be a genius and recycled coaches like Jacques Martin may not provide a spark.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Ottawa will be rested vs Buffalo, the boys need to simplify their game and get some good saves. I expect Levi to start and at least he will be fresh.

Ottawa has had terrible goaltending this year, the Sabres need to shoot more and chase rebounds. That team is more fragile than the Sabres at the moment and can be beaten with decent play.

There was a lot of chatter about the Yzerplan being more successful than KA’s plan and Ottawa having a better blend of players but it seems like all 3 of these upcoming teams will once again be bridesmaids. They are in the bottom 5 in the east. I think Buffalo finishes ahead of both of them but there is no glory in that. Perhaps Yzerman may not be a genius and recycled coaches like Jacques Martin may not provide a spark.

There is time to get in it but it will take a substantial winning streak.  Let’s start tonight.  

We need to score early and often.  This is B2B for Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, LTS said:

Not too long to wait after the Bills game, which hopefully goes real well.

And it's right at the start of some solid NYE celebration.. (well, I might start much earlier).

Either way.. tomorrow it's a new year. 😏

I'm pulling 12's (7am to 7pm) this weekend, but I'll be out to catch tonight's game.

New roof on house takes precedence over the teams 🤣 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

The good game - bad game trend doesn’t bode well for tonight.

That's part of why I have a bad feeling. This team has a tendency to relax after a win and think "oh, it's all good now" and they forget you need to work EVERY night and against EVERRY TEAM. Back to backs with travel are hard to begin with and Ottawa should be motivated. I imagine they see this as a must win themselves. 

IF we bring our good game this could be a really good hockey game. Playoff intensity. Should be. Not sure it will be. 

• Like (+1) 1

Meh.. like it matters.  This team has lost with every player anyone has campaigned to be either in or out of the lineup.

Just watch Tkachuk do stupid things and Stutzle dive.

In fact, I'll drink one less drink for every dive Stutzle performs.. I should be stone cold sober tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.