GDT: Sabres @ VGK - Fri. 10 pm ET, Dec 15, 2023, MSG-B, SCRIPPS 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

Good Friday Sabre Spacers....

Welcome back, my friends
                                                          to the show that never ends.
                                                      We're so glad you could attend!
                                                           Come inside! Come inside!

Sabres AFTER DARK (part duex). 

image.png.d9e97f05c31e2362d37ccbe7849ae2ca.png      @     image.png.09147d197ff8319ec4379160a41eaa5f.png

12-15-3 (3-6-1; L1)                  20-5-5 (6-1-3; W4)

14th East, 24th NHL                                               1st West, 1st NHL

(27 pts / 30 gm)                                                      (45 pts / 30 gm) 

Sabres (53rd yr) are, well, Sabre-y....AGAIN.

VKG (7th yr) are....DOMINANT.

------------------

Sabres stats & notes:

• You stopped reading by now, and does it really matter?
  • Skinny to IR after being introduced to what defensive play looks like in one's D zone, Murray back up

Sabres line up tonight: 

image.png.1e799d75769464610de158ad30e0106a.png

VKG line up tonight

image.png.3aa2a0093bec18588132358dd12fd015.png

Edited by Spoonman
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

I can honestly say I cannot care less about this game. We are going to be embarrassed and i have better things to do with my time then watch. We are 1 billion percent not in a league with Vegas and they are going to toy and wipe the ice with us and we will most likely lose another goal scored to IR. LOL Go Sabres!

I will watch because it is what I do. A dose of hopium before puck drop will help me.

My expectations are low and sinking every day but these guys seem to rebound from stinkers. What a yo-yo season.

Cozens with 2 G, Dahlin with 2A. Tuch finds his stride in his old stomping grounds.

Let’s go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Tonight I’m taking the wife out for sushi, I’d quite literally rather stick wasabi in my eye than to watch these toddlers throw up over themselves. Vegas is how a team should be built, none of this KA trying to re-invent the wheel or Donny teaching offence first. The plan should have been whats tried and true. The way pretty much every team thats won has done it and will do it as far as team construction and player make up goes. Simple formula. I’m sick of the we know better approach that these morons have sold us. Anyhow, I wish the boys luck.  Break a leg.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Will the Sabres start the game by skating fast, throwing at least one body check that gets the bench buzzing, and getting a high-quality save within the Knights’ first few shots?

Or will they start skating about 13 minutes into the game and already trailing by 2 where they’ve hung their starter out to dry and look like they haven’t practiced their power play atoll?

I won’t know, because I’ve got my wife’s company holiday party to go to tonight. Carry on the good fight against Jackikin Eichwalker and his new Empire, ‘Spacers!

Given the way they've played all season this could be a game where they come out as Mr. Hyde and manhandle the Knights, however, I get the sense that the wheels are about to completely fall off this team and I can feel a significant losing streak starting. 

Or maybe they'll scratch Johnson and put in Byrson, when he plays we have yet to lose a game. Maybe there's something there.

2 hours ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

I can honestly say I cannot care less about this game. We are going to be embarrassed and i have better things to do with my time then watch. We are 1 billion percent not in a league with Vegas and they are going to toy and wipe the ice with us and we will most likely lose another goal scored to IR. LOL Go Sabres!

You came to Sabrespace and sought out the game day thread to inform strangers on a message board that you have better things to do than watch a game you have no interest in? That's interesting. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hank said:

You came to Sabrespace and sought out the game day thread to inform strangers on a message board that you have better things to do than watch a game you have no interest in? That's interesting. 

The best way to spread holiday cheer is singing loud for all to hear.  There's a few people here who also believe this applies to misery.

It's a nice day out.. I'll hit up some happy hour action.. no predictions on my ability to follow the game once it starts..

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.