GDT: Sabres @ Bruins - Thurs. 7pm, Dec 7, 2023, MSG/ESPN+ ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

I think Robinson will look energetic and engaged (provided he's in the lineup). But I also think that the lack of defensive awareness by the forwards is going to lead to a couple rush goals (Skinner let his guy go by last game; Pasta did the same thing to him in the first matchup).ย 

Either Levi stonewalls them and we see a 3-2 final (winner undetermined) or this one gets away from them early once more. Boston could shut it down in the 3rd and still win by 6.

I'm flying to NYC for an extended weekend. Seeing Sweeney Todd tomorrow night, got reservations at Dante in Manhattan for lunch. Gonna just unwind a little. I may check the score quick, but I have no interest to go out of my way to follow this team. I used to find a stream and try and watch.ย 

ย 

Thanks Terry, keep up the good work.ย 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm flying to NYC for an extended weekend. Seeing Sweeney Todd tomorrow night, got reservations at Dante in Manhattan for lunch. Gonna just unwind a little. I may check the score quick, but I have no interest to go out of my way to follow this team. I used to find a stream and try and watch.ย 

ย 

Nice. I'm seeing "Prayer for the French Republic" come January (going to visit a friend). Gonna be my first time seeing something on Broadway.

15 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

ย 

I share your sentiments.ย  Will glance at the score, but will not watch the games until I see something worth watching.ย  Still hopeful about the Bills and am happy the Yankees got Juan Soto -- maybe they will have a decent year.ย  I fear we are in hockey purgatory, without a white knight (although we have Don Granato and his crew of headless horsemen)

3 hours ago, lowsabre said:

image.thumb.png.51c1454644e27e3a6e24a60a662189b2.png

diamond hands, baby

I thought hockey people were superstitious. DG needs to go back to whatever he wore when times were better last season.ย 

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Sabres have almost no chance to win this game. ย It would take a miracle performance from either goalie and Comrie has zero chance of giving such a performance. ย If Dahlinโ€™s doesnโ€™t play the teamโ€™s chances of winning fall ever further.

5 - 2 Bruins as the Sabres fracture further under the weight of Adamsโ€™ incompetence.

I will fight this. This isn't the chance of the Sabres beating the Bruins in a series. It's a one game battle in the regular season. All bets are off. No miracles necessary. Just a strong performance. Uh... OK.

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Don't worry my fellow Sabres captives, good news from the morning skate...ย 

ย 

Unsurprising. Its been a problem for quite a long while with this team. Don't pass the puck well. Give up possession of the puck. Can't score without the puck. (My uneducated hockey view of one of the many core problems the Sabres have).ย 

Well, I will be watching and hopeful.ย ย 

Every possible indicator is that Boston wins this game with ease.ย  At least its a road game so we have a better chance.

So maybe Levi can steal us a game?ย  If Dahlin is out then it might be hopeless.ย ย 

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

I don't think that thread regarding lowest point in Sabres history is going to be going anywhere anytime soon...๐Ÿ˜†

They tried to shut it down but I restored it. Thankfully the Founding Fathers of SS gave posters the right to open and close threads. They were brilliant. They foresaw the danger of power consolidated in the executive branch.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A FNG acquired from a bad NHL team who could not crack that team's lineup is wearing a sh1t NASCAR number. Check.

A team that should be absolutely desperate looks like crap in their morning skate. Check.

If Pegula doesn't fire Granato soon, I half wonder if the guy would quit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.