GDT: Sabres @ Bruins - Thurs. 7pm, Dec 7, 2023, MSG/ESPN+ 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

I feel for Devon Levi because he can’t win either way with some Buffalo Sabres fans. If the Sabres lose against the Boston Bruins tonight. Sabres fan stuck on Devon Levi needs to spend a year in Rochester so the Sabres can keep a terrible goalie in Eric Comrie. See Devon Levi needs to be in Rochester. If Devon Levi wins that same Sabres fan will be waiting to pounce once Devon Levi loses another game with the same he needs to be in Rochester. It doesn’t matter the opponent or the rest of the Sabres players on ice play around Devon Levi or that the Sabres have an 18 year old Zack Benson on the Sabres. Devon Levi who is 21 years old a grown man needs to be in Rochester because he is too young to these Sabres fans. The same Sabres fan doesn’t understand the Sabres are going to be in a free agent bidding war to keep Devon Levi long term. You can tell Devon Levi is the most talented goalie we had since Dominik Hasek. But your missing Ryan Miller? Ryan Miller was a good goalie and a hard worker that plugged away and plugged away. But Ryan Miller didn’t have the athleticism that Devon Levi has. Devon Levi reminds me a lot of the late Sabres goalie Roger Crozier who was quick like Levi. Devon Levi is going to be special and the Sabres organization with those two fools Kevyn Adams and Don Granato can’t screw with Devon Levi head sending him up and down between Buffalo and Rochester eventually he will ask out of Buffalo where he can play in the NHL. The Montreal Canadians are known to be very interested in acquiring Devon Levi. Devon Levi belongs in the NHL. Release Eric Comrie and if he clears waivers send him to Rochester that is the best option for the Sabres organization in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• dislike 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Did Dreiger just say that Calgary is waiting for a 2nd round pick for Taney?? 
WTF. Adams.  How can you not make that trade yesterday??  I'll have to check if Tanev has a NTC and that's why a deal isn't done 

Taney probably doesn’t want to come to Buffalo

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

I feel for Devon Levi because he can’t win either way with some Buffalo Sabres fans. If the Sabres lose against the Boston Bruins tonight. Sabres fan stuck on Devon Levi needs to spend a year in Rochester so the Sabres can keep a terrible goalie in Eric Comrie. See Devon Levi needs to be in Rochester. If Devon Levi wins that same Sabres fan will be waiting to pounce once Devon Levi loses another game with the same he needs to be in Rochester. It doesn’t matter the opponent or the rest of the Sabres players on ice play around Devon Levi or that the Sabres have an 18 year old Zack Benson on the Sabres. Devon Levi who is 21 years old a grown man needs to be in Rochester because he is too young to these Sabres fans. The same Sabres fan doesn’t understand the Sabres are going to be in a free agent bidding war to keep Devon Levi long term. You can tell Devon Levi is the most talented goalie we had since Dominik Hasek. But your missing Ryan Miller? Ryan Miller was a good goalie and a hard worker that plugged away and plugged away. But Ryan Miller didn’t have the athleticism that Devon Levi has. Devon Levi reminds me a lot of the late Sabres goalie Roger Crozier who was quick like Levi. Devon Levi is going to be special and the Sabres organization with those two fools Kevyn Adams and Don Granato can’t screw with Devon Levi head sending him up and down between Buffalo and Rochester eventually he will ask out of Buffalo where he can play in the NHL. The Montreal Canadians are known to be very interested in acquiring Devon Levi. Devon Levi belongs in the NHL. Release Eric Comrie and if he clears waivers send him to Rochester that is the best option for the Sabres organization in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm debating if I should watch this and be miserable or Go Christmas shopping with the wife and Also be miserable 

I’ve started to look at them as comic relief. 

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Has a 10 team no trade list.  100% Sabres are on that list 

Yep. I love everyone who wants Adams to buy the world. Well half the league probably has the Sabres on their NTL. 

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

They tried to shut it down but I restored it. Thankfully the Founding Fathers of SS gave posters the right to open and close threads. They were brilliant. They foresaw the danger of power consolidated in the executive branch.

Think New York Jets GIF by Bleacher Report

43 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Has a 10 team no trade list.  100% Sabres are on that list 

I think most any notable player would turn down trade to Buffalo if it's up to them.  The franchise has only themselves to blame. I've definitely converted to the anti Pegula team. Seen enough. I put all of this on ownership. Fortunately for me I've also come to not really care that much and pretty much stopped watching games at this point.

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

Devon Levi is Sabres property until like 2028 I think, when he could be a UFA. Who gives a crap what Montreal wants. 

Devon Levi doesn't give a flying ***** if he plays some games in Rochester. He's not wired that way. It's all about working hard.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Devon Levi is Sabres property until like 2028 I think, when he could be a UFA. Who gives a crap what Montreal wants. 

Devon Levi doesn't give a flying ***** if he plays some games in Rochester. He's not wired that way. It's all about working hard.

We do have a live one here don't we.  Hottest of the hot takers, but saying nothing much atoll.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

At least they are going to play 12 forwards (I hope).  However that is friggin pathetic bottom 6.  

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm debating if I should watch this and be miserable or Go Christmas shopping with the wife and Also be miserable 

Thank g-d I’m going to see Annie tonight at the Fox Threatre.  At least it will have a happy ending.

2 hours ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

You sound silly saying that Levi getting games in the AHL is screwing him.  Literally everyone but you be believes that his playing full time in Rochester for a stint is better for him than getting pounded behind this inept team in a 3 goalie rotation.  Even Levi understands it.  Yet due to inevitable injuries, here he is, he is back in what, one week?   

Fans do not want to pounce on him.  Everyone wants the best for him. We need him. 

The list of goalies to never play in the minors is small, in fact it’s minuscule. Sure Tom Barrasso as a rookie jumped to the Sabres, a team that finished with 101 points that season and played excellent team defense under Scotty Bowman.  We are not that team.  Why do you want to stick this kid out there in a starting role with the cruddy team defense that this team plays.  

Stop with the Roger Crozier comparisons,  They are both quick. Lots of goalies are quick.  That is the end of the comparison.   Crozier was acrobatic, Levi plays a much more technical style.    Levi doesn’t smoke, drink, or have the numerous health ailments the plagued Crozier.  Levi prepares mentally and physically better than any goalie from the 60’s and 70’s.  The bar has been raised over the past 50+ years.   

Why are you worrying about Montreal and 2028?   Guess what, if Montreal had him right now he would be playing in Laval. The goalie they have developed is now playing well and Jake Allen is a solid backup.  Levi would be in Laval playing 50+ games.  

53 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

At least they are going to play 12 forwards (I hope).  However that is friggin pathetic bottom 6.  

Thank g-d I’m going to see Annie tonight at the Fox Threatre.  At least it will have a happy ending.

The sun comes out tomorrow.  

• Thanks (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Spoonman said:

TONIGHT!

A Battle Royale!

A Battle of the Titans...

A Battle for the Ages...

Godzilla v. Kong...

Good vs. Evil!

Hated and feared Bruins

image.png.7a8e2525f75effb66473ad1ff83ebe15.png

VS

Apex Predator Sabres

image.png.a2c70dbdca1fa4873af7f2ffdfe03aab.png

Long record scratch.......

Well except one of them is EXTINCT.

So we got this:

image.png.91fde87cc056f847f606b7a00028be4e.png

Bruins (6-3-1 last 10, on 3 game winning steak) 

Sabres (3-6-1, 4 game losing streak

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/bos-vs-buf/2023/12/07/2023020392

------------

In other news:

Thank goodness for GMKA''s bold move to acquire Eric Robinson (a steal for a conditional 7th - way to get one up on Blue Jackets!) and send down Brandon Biro. GMKA heard saying he wants to play in Buffalo, and is a real culture guy.

Season saved.

image.png.2bbbce204309411e5e96bdcf1a612d62.png

Go SABRES! Beat the B's!

I like that all your posts are formatted like an AIM away message from 2002.

2 hours ago, skaught said:

It's good to hear they're getting all the bad passes out of the way before the game.

We wish.

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Kind of like Vogon poetry.

I write poetry like the Azgoths of Kria.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

I know I’m not the only one but I refuse to read a post without paragraphs. 

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

I like that all your posts are formatted like an AIM away message from 2002.

I don’t 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.