GDT: Sabres @ Penguins - Nov 11, 2023 - 7:30pm, MSG/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

21 minutes ago, Believer said:

You and LGR4GM make a good point… and UPL does seem to get up for big games when his number is called this season…

As for the goalie rotation, if UPL starts tonight, does Comrie start against Boston?

Sitting Levi for almost a week after last nights 1st Star performance seems unlikely… Guy would be a Great Ball of Fire.

When Donnie Meatballs said the goalies will alternate, I don’t think Comrie was factored into the equation as he was week to week on IR at the time. It’s a two man rotation between Levi and Oopie.

Edit: It seems Comrie will be returning soon, so he may very well enter into the equation at some point and the three headed goalie monster will rear it’s ugly head. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

Pens have won three in a row but sit 14th in the conference. Keep them there. They are coming off a western trip.

The Sabres play well on the road but it is a back to back situation. Tuch and Mule would be a talent and fresh legs injection. 

I didn’t watch last night but it sounds like Krebs could use a game in the press box to kick him in the butt.

99% chance of UPL starting.

Savoie could get more time and space vs these guys.

Let’s go Buffalo!

Krebs had a 90% xgf, 80% Fenwick, 70% Corsi in his 6 minutes last night (per Money Puck).  On the season he is 4th on the team at D-zone shift start % while being one of only 7 players on the team with a corsi of 50% or better. 

Not saying he can’t be better, but he isn’t going to generate much offensively playing where he is in the lineup and for the minutes he plays. He is not hurting us defensively. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Archie Lee said:

Krebs had a 90% xgf, 80% Fenwick, 70% Corsi in his 6 minutes last night (per Money Puck).  On the season he is 4th on the team at D-zone shift start % while being one of only 7 players on the team with a corsi of 50% or better. 

Not saying he can’t be better, but he isn’t going to generate much offensively playing where he is in the lineup and for the minutes he plays. He is not hurting us defensively. 

5 minutes were 5v5, and the Corsi was 2 attempted shots for 1 against.  He was 0-3 on the dot, although he has not been that bad throughout the year.  Mostly starts in O-zone.  Could have been his line mates, but I think the conventional wisdom that he is not bringing anything lately is accurate. Corsi, Fenwick, even high danger chances especially when paired with Z and KO are positive, but something is a miss. 

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

6-1 penguins 

Tage a -6

There it is. I was beginning to worry about you, Bnill.

29 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I look for Vinnie to play like his hair is on fire. The boys better be ready to match his intensity tonight.

We've had a rash of injuries (albeit mostly short term), few players under performing, lines not totally settled,  PP stinks, defense still not great, face-off's still an issue. 

Yet we are one point out of a playoff spot and no where near our potential.  I think we may have turned a corner and haven't realized it.  I'll say it again - I believe we're going to be really good. 

Edited by 7+6=13
  • Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.