GDT: Sabres @ Penguins - Nov 11, 2023 - 7:30pm, MSG/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

Pens have won three in a row but sit 14th in the conference. Keep them there. They are coming off a western trip.

The Sabres play well on the road but it is a back to back situation. Tuch and Mule would be a talent and fresh legs injection. 

I didn’t watch last night but it sounds like Krebs could use a game in the press box to kick him in the butt.

99% chance of UPL starting.

Savoie could get more time and space vs these guys.

Let’s go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

We lived in Pittsburgh when they won their first two cups.  Mario and I share a birthday - I'm 1 year older.  He was our neighbour in Mount Lebanon back then.  They were my 2b (Montreal has been my 2a ever since I met my bride who is from there) until Darius.  

Bring all the swords to avenge Darius !!

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

SO FOR 6K !!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If Muel and Tuch can go tonight, I consider 11-7 --- take it easy on Muel, give EJ some minutes off on the back-to-back. Then after the game, I send Johnson the Younger back down to the Amerks to keep getting top line minutes.

I put Tuch in and let Cozens rest up another game. And sit either Krebs or Savoie. Rousek plays for his all-around game. I also play UPL tonight and rest up Levi for the Bruins.

Edited by DarthEbriate

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Hop we play our A game and UPL a lot of goals in support. 

Same game plan as last night. Play good 5-on-5 defense, possess the puck to draw some penalties, and this time when killing penalties, don't let the D get drawn out so high and give up that cross-ice pass twice.

Road game with UPL? Score 5 and give up 3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm ready to hear the Announcers say "Sid the Kid" a thousand times .

When he is a 36 year old man 

Haven’t seen your usual prediction for the game. Do see the Sabres keeping it close and only losing by a 6-2 score, or do you think the ‘Guins will give us a proper drubbing?

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Just wonder if DG goes with Levi again? 

Will be shocked if it isn’t Levi tonight… Big game…

Ride the horse.

24 minutes ago, Believer said:

Will be shocked if it isn’t Levi tonight… Big game…

Ride the horse.

Donnie G has said that the goalies will alternate so I’d be surprised if he goes with Levi two nights in a row, especially on a back to back. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Donnie G has said that the goalies will alternate so I’d be surprised if he goes with Levi to nights in a row, especially on a back to back. 

You and LGR4GM make a good point… and UPL does seem to get up for big games when his number is called this season…

As for the goalie rotation, if UPL starts tonight, does Comrie start against Boston?

Sitting Levi for almost a week after last nights 1st Star performance seems unlikely… Guy would be a Great Ball of Fire.

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So sick of that whole team 

Just wonder if DG goes with Levi again? 

Would be extremely surprised if Granato goes against what he said a week ago was the plan.  UPL gets tonight's game.  Unless he gets a SO, Levi gets the Bruins game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.