GDT - Montréal @ Buffalo - Monday, October 23, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG (?) & WGR - RMNH (SportsNet TV - CANADA) & SportsNet+ (pirate satellite)

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I don't know why (I seem to remember that they used to show the local TV last year) the NHL does not show the MSG+ TV thing.  It's also on CBC (RDS) French Radio Canada - yous would need pirate satellite outside of Québec for that.

I vaguely recall nhl.com showing the canadian feed to me in years past, but so far the only time I see both feeds is when it's been 2 US teams (except the TB game which was on ESPN). So it's never apparent anymore. When I look at tonight's game it shows NHLN in the top bar, but if you go to game center it shows NHLN/MSG-B but doesn't show CBC for me. Once upon a time I used to get all of Hockey Night in Canada as part of NHL Center Ice. Maybe they still do that, but I switched to ESPN+ last season.

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I would play Comrie tonight regardless.  If Levi can't go tomorrow I'd play UPL in Ottawa.

UPL playing in Ottawa does not give me the warm and fuzzies. I'd rather play him tonight and then figure out tomorrow if it's Comrie or Levi.

49 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I’ve been up with food poisoning coming out of both ends for ten hours. If I’m still alive by game time they better win. 

That’s not food poisoning.  It’s just how the body reacts to watching the Bills.  🤢

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hank said:

Good. I hope Comrie is back in net. 

7 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I can't use twitter from work, but according to Lance Lysowski Comrie is warming up in the starter net

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Comrie in the starters net this AM

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

it looks like the game will be on MSG-B for anyone in market, but NHL Network for anyone else in the US out of market. I assume it's not going to be on ESPN+, but I can't check from work.

I'm curious who will start in net tonight. If Levi is good to go tomorrow, I'd go with Comrie again tonight. If he can't, I'd play UPL tonight and keep Comrie for the Sens tomorrow.

I wonder if Benson will be back as well. I'd guess he'll be keeping with the new lines from Saturday.

No ESPN+ tonight.

• Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I vaguely recall nhl.com showing the canadian feed to me in years past, but so far the only time I see both feeds is when it's been 2 US teams (except the TB game which was on ESPN). So it's never apparent anymore. When I look at tonight's game it shows NHLN in the top bar, but if you go to game center it shows NHLN/MSG-B but doesn't show CBC for me. Once upon a time I used to get all of Hockey Night in Canada as part of NHL Center Ice. Maybe they still do that, but I switched to ESPN+ last season.

UPL playing in Ottawa does not give me the warm and fuzzies. I'd rather play him tonight and then figure out tomorrow if it's Comrie or Levi.

It may be since I am in Canada and *they* know it by my IP.  They give me all the Canadian feed info and none of the rest.  This is on NHL.com game centre.

17 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

It may be since I am in Canada and *they* know it by my IP.  They give me all the Canadian feed info and none of the rest.  This is on NHL.com game centre.

I suspect that is the case, and something they changed this year (or if they changed it last year I didn't notice). Center Ice used to include the Canadian feeds, except when in French. Typically on Verizon I got the home team and occasionally the away team.

I want to say ESPN+ has Canadian feeds when applicable, but since I always watch MSG-B, I don't recall. I'm kind of hoping they have the Ottawa feed/pre-game tomorrow since MSG-B never includes pre/post game but other RSNs do. I want to see the Anderson ceremony.

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

That would suggest it’s alive and well.  Seems more like a reincarnated half dead zombie type of thing 

I don't really watch NHLN unless the Sabres are on. Sometimes for Juniors or NCAA games. It's not a particularly good network. Then again I don't really watch NFL Network that much either. Typically just for a Bills game. Maybe a bit of Good Morning Football.

I'm just hoping they have the MSG-B feed on NHLN tonight. They have in the past.

Here's what I really want to see:

- Focus and determination from the opening puck drop.  It's time to retire the habit of coming out at home in a coma.

- Driving hard to the net as they did vs the Islanders

- Continued focus on defensive play and physical play in the D-zone, as rightfully demanded by Erik "Godfather" Johnson.

- Another strong showing by Comrie.

- Another strong showing from the JJP-Krebs-VO line.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Here's what I really want to see:

- Focus and determination from the opening puck drop.  It's time to retire the habit of coming out at home in a coma.

- Driving hard to the net as they did vs the Islanders

- Continued focus on defensive play and physical play in the D-zone, as rightfully demanded by Erik "Godfather" Johnson.

- Another strong showing by Comrie.

- Another strong showing from the JJP-Krebs-VO line.

and shut up the Habs fans by scoring early and often ..

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.