GDT: Sabres @ Islanders - October 14, 2023 - 7:30PM, MSG-B/MSGSN/ESPN+📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I hate that the Islanders sweaters seem waaaay too similar to the Sabres.  Other than the slug/goat head era this has been the case. It drives me nuts.

And it’s a dumb name, “oh we live in Long Island, we’re Islanders. Oh and our logo is a map of the place we live. But also include other places like Brooklyn” The Long Island Cartographers would be a better name. Imagine if we were the Buffalo Buffalonians and our logo was an outline of all of WNY. So dumb. 

Eff the Isles in the A. 

But Brooklyn is geographically on Long Island... 🤔

But 👍 in general to your post

Edited by erickompositör72

13 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

But Brooklyn is geographically on Long Island... 🤔

But 👍 in general to your post

Fair. I forgot about all those Biggie and Jay-Z songs about Brooklyn...err I mean Long Island. 

(a good portion of this is a shirt post for anybody who is taking this seriously)

Edited by Mango

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Every one knows  benson is a better option then  Olofsson

I’m not sure either of them would agree with you.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

That's the biggest thing I hate about Granato.

One Simple switch out could change the dynamic of the game.

What switch?  They are both playing. 

If you're saying that Benson should play with Cozens and JJP -- I'd like to see that too -- but that leaves VO with Mitts and Greenway, which sounds crappy.

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

That's the biggest thing I hate about Granato.

One Simple switch out could change the dynamic of the game.

The third line was our best line anyway. VO also wasn’t the problem with our second line. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, #freejame said:

The third line was our best line anyway. VO also wasn’t the problem with our second line. 

Agree the GMB line was our best, but they’d be that much better if G, M, and whatever D pair is out there made it a point to get the puck to Benson and let him drive it. The kid is frequently getting open in good spots to get the puck.

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

This is going to be an ugly ugly night. Team that looks completely out of shape and has no idea what to do when confronted by the trap vs a team whose entire identity is based on it. 4-1 loss with Okposo getting our lone goal.

How do they look out of shape?  They are lean and strong athletes.  Don't confuse rusty with being out of shape.  

Last year they faced this trap a lot and they beat it, including 2 times against these Islanders.  They cannot fall behind 3-0 again, they need a goalie to keep it close.  

I have been saying they need a goalie since I came on these boards.  Maybe Levi will be the answer?  

19 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

#1 request: give us an entertaining game

#2 request: win

#3 request: shutout?!

A win and I will be happy.  I don't need highlight reel goals, just a W.  

In that Miller retirement night game, the Sabres played very solid D the last 25-30 minutes.  Some of their best of the season.

The loss they had was the Hudson Fasching nope, didn't look like a kick to us in the league office Game.  So, they very easily could've been 3-0 vs them (and actually in the playoffs).

See no reason for them to lose tonight if they play hard and smart.

4 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

There's an app for that.

Before you can mock the 1-3-1, you must score to take the lead against it.

Honestly, it’s a disgusting way to defend. There’s so much wrong with it. It’s not fun for the players, either side, nor the fans.

But the irony of this video, Laviolette, calling out Tampa and embarrassing them, and here he was in game one of the season doing it to us.

The Islanders will be even worse and I too hope we just give their fans nothing to cheer about.  

Should there be a rule about what defenses can do? Not sure but if km a fan of NYI im not gonna be paying for their brand of “entertainment.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.