2023 NHL Summer Trade Thread

Brawndo

Duchene would be a good fill in for Quinn while he's out. Potted 40 two years ago playing with Forsberg and Granlund. Decent production last year considering the linemates, but not 8M worth. Responsible defensively. Good locker room guy in Nashville, can't speak to previous teams. I think he'd look good with Cousins and JJ, I'd be happy if they picked him up. Could probably flip him at the deadline for a 2nd if they wanted. 

13 minutes ago, Hank said:

Duchene would be a good fill in for Quinn while he's out. Potted 40 two years ago playing with Forsberg and Granlund. Decent production last year considering the linemates, but not 8M worth. Responsible defensively. Good locker room guy in Nashville, can't speak to previous teams. I think he'd look good with Cousins and JJ, I'd be happy if they picked him up. Could probably flip him at the deadline for a 2nd if they wanted. 

If he was a good locker room guy in Nashville, I don't understand why Nashville would buy him out.  They save some space this season, but the next two have a lot of dead cap. Seems excessive for someone a year removed from such a great season, unless there are other issues. 

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Hank said:

I’d take Patches over Duchene on a 1 year show me you can still play deal. Savvy vet who can likely still pot goals with the best of them. Has injury issues but between Quinn and him we should at least get 82 games and good to great production

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’d take Patches over Duchene on a 1 year show me you can still play deal. Savvy vet who can likely still pot goals with the best of them. Has injury issues but between Quinn and him we should at least get 82 games and good to great production

Plus Patches can sustain a “back injury” once Quinn comes back and we can Kucherov him for the playoffs. 

• Haha (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

If he was a good locker room guy in Nashville, I don't understand why Nashville would buy him out.  They save some space this season, but the next two have a lot of dead cap. Seems excessive for someone a year removed from such a great season, unless there are other issues. 

No other issues. Decent team most years that was never quite good enough to win the cup. Last year there were too many injuries to overcome, the only GM in franchise history retired, the old core is aging and trotts is blowing it up. While Technically not the GM at the time, every move from the Jeannot trade was Trotts doing. 

18 hours ago, Hank said:

No other issues. Decent team most years that was never quite good enough to win the cup. Last year there were too many injuries to overcome, the only GM in franchise history retired, the old core is aging and trotts is blowing it up. While Technically not the GM at the time, every move from the Jeannot trade was Trotts doing. 

The signing of Ryan O Reilly better explains it. There were reports of Ryan O Reilly and Duchene not getting along back in the Colorado days. 

4 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

The signing of Ryan O Reilly better explains it. There were reports of Ryan O Reilly and Duchene not getting along back in the Colorado days. 

I don't doubt that at all. Not relevant to his time in Nashville though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.