According to Pierre Lebrun, Sabres have interest in Brett Pesce.

inkman

On 6/16/2023 at 9:22 AM, Buffalonill said:

They were one of the teams to allow the surgery so it was  obvious from the beginning imo

The trade rumor moving Eich to Calgary, reported by Weekes, likely fed to him by his buddy Kevyn, which prodded the VGK to pull the trigger before Eich got away.

10 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Now do Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Joker, Boosh, Clague, Bryson, and Stillman

You don't wanna see Bryson. It's bad, like I'd rather play Novikov right off the bat in his spot instead of letting him get ice time. I feel bad because I like Bryson but he's reached his peak. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You don't wanna see Bryson. It's bad, like I'd rather play Novikov right off the bat in his spot instead of letting him get ice time. I feel bad because I like Bryson but he's reached his peak. 

I 100% agree with you LGR, I never want to see Bryson again.  Just like I'd rather we get rid of Stillman.  Though he's perfectly adequate as a 7th.  As for Pesce, he's alright, but I feel he'd be the third defensemen I'd want out of Carolina. lol 

Edited by Rasmus_

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Lance Lysowski in His Mailbag this AM purposed a VO, RFA Rights to Brett Murray and 2024 3rd for Pesce. That seems way to light of an offer.

It would have to be VO at 50% retained, Murray and a 2024 1st to get things started IMO

Gross, I wouldn't move a first for Brett Pesce in 2037, let alone next year.  Giving up draft capital for late 20's into their 30's players is useless.  I get it if it's for the right under 25 year old right handed shot defensemen.  But, meh No thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Lance Lysowski in His Mailbag this AM purposed a VO, RFA Rights to Brett Murray and 2024 3rd for Pesce. That seems way to light of an offer.

It would have to be VO at 50% retained, Murray and a 2024 1st to get things started IMO

Yikes! VO on Carolina would be the hockey version of that old kids game "Which one of these is not like the others?" RBA would never buy into VO on his roster, IMHO.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

🤣 Well, now I know where some of the most delusional Sabres trade ideas come from.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That seems like a typical message board offer.  "Give me one of your good players and I'll give you 3 things that each have 10% the value of what you are giving me."

VO may have more value than that, but Career AHL guys and 3rd round picks are not things that net you legit very good NHL players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Lance's offer sounds reasonable IF Pesce has told Waddell that he absolutely won't sign next off-season AND he told him he'd only accept a trade to TO or Buffalo.  Barring that, yeah, the offer seems a bit light.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If we can change that first to Philly second then maybe.  But it still may only be one year of Pesce so I’d be hesitant to include a first. 

The Athletic today suggests Östlund and the 39th pick for Pesce as long as an extension framework is in place.  I’d make this deal.  While Pesce will be 29 in Nov, I think a 6 year deal could work out decently for both parties and it would solidify out top 4 for at least the next 3-4 years.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Pesce would be a significant upgrade for us and an excellent mentor for the young Owen Power. I also read rumors that the Sabres are interested in acquiring Jordan Staal in FA but I forgot where I saw the article because I can no longer find it plus it's probably a rumor more than a fact, he would be an excellent faceoff guy for us on the 3rd or 4th line imo.

5 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Pesce would be a significant upgrade for us and an excellent mentor for the young Owen Power. I also read rumors that the Sabres are interested in acquiring Jordan Staal in FA but I forgot where I saw the article because I can no longer find it plus it's probably a rumor more than a fact, he would be an excellent faceoff guy for us on the 3rd or 4th line imo.

Do you think Jordan would sign here after Eric’s experience or does he like Adams enough to disregard Eric’s opinion?

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Do you think Jordan would sign here after Eric’s experience or does he like Adams enough to disregard Eric’s opinion?

I'm not sure, did Eric hate it here? I know he wanted to win but did he say he hated being here? It was most likely a rumor at this point but we wont find a much better face off guy than him imo.

6 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I'm not sure, did Eric hate it here? I know he wanted to win but did he say he hated being here? It was most likely a rumor at this point but we wont find a much better face off guy than him imo.

I believe he hated being traded here but in my opinion it had more to do with being traded than the location. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.