According to Pierre Lebrun, Sabres have interest in Brett Pesce.

inkman

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I'd like Tanev too, but we should remember that he turns 34 in December.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

And has played a max 60+ games every year .

I would trade for him if it's cheap 

Would a second and a lower-tiered prospect OK with you?

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

So Pesce’s rumoured ask on an extension is 8 years @ $6.5 million per.

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Probably worth it?

Just now, French Collection said:

I want this guy but 8 years is a lot for a soon to be 29 year old. 6 or 7 years I could live with, may have to bump up the AAV.

Worry about it in 5 years.  

• Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, inkman said:

Worry about it in 5 years.  

100% this. If you build your pipeline well enough - you can move higher priced vets to create room. Or if you hit the boom like Chicago did and win the cup. Tear it down! But if your team is playoff ready, combined with playoff advance ready...5 years is not a concern. 

I really wonder if the DeAngelo to Carolina deal that is being held up is because they are dealing Pesce. Carolina’s owner sets his price on anplayer and doesn’t budge. If the DeAngelo deal can’t happen till July 9th that puts Carolina in a spot if they are moving Pesce. Unless they deal him now and just wait for the DeAngelo deal to go through later.

21 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I really wonder if the DeAngelo to Carolina deal that is being held up is because they are dealing Pesce. Carolina’s owner sets his price on anplayer and doesn’t budge. If the DeAngelo deal can’t happen till July 9th that puts Carolina in a spot if they are moving Pesce. Unless they deal him now and just wait for the DeAngelo deal to go through later.

What happens July 9?  (Or was that just a typo and you meant July 1?)

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

What happens July 9?  (Or was that just a typo and you meant July 1?)

No, technically they can’t consummate trade less then a full twelve months after he was traded between same teams. A CBA technicality that is designed to prevent teams from lending players to circumvent the cap. Kinda weird me giving you CBA advice.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Carolina can’t re-acquire Deangelo until 1 year after sending him to Philly due to the retention Philly is doing.

Danke.

Didn't realize that there was retention on that earlier trade.

Nor the date of the original trade.

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

No, technically they can’t consummate trade less then a full twelve months after he was traded between same teams. A CBA technicality that is designed to prevent teams from lending players to circumvent the cap. Kinda weird me giving you CBA advice.

Did not realize when the original trade was made.  

13 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

What would be the trade compensation thihg?  6.5m per year seems fair enough but would Oloffson, Joker and a second get him?  Do they need an Oloffson type?

They do need a scoring winger, not sure if that gets it done though

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.