Around the NHL 2023 Summer Edition

Brawndo

10 hours ago, sweetlou said:

These two statements are so far from the truth.  Twenty and thirty years ago there were gay people and as long as they understood they were the ones that were different, people accepted them even if they didn't agree, and left them alone.  It's within the last ten years where everyone is trying to be politically correct and inclusive of everyone that it has gotten out of hand.  Don't try and force things that are morally wrong on me or my kids.  What if the mindset was we are to accept alcoholics for who they are and just let them do what they want, let them teach our kids in school that it is ok to drink and beat up people, drive and kill others, would your perspective be different?

Society understood alcoholism is mental disorder and alcoholics needed help. There are also laws to protect others from those people. 

People who believe that they are to be something different than what God created them have mental issues.  So I will always stand firm, there are two genders, male and female!!

So, on to a less confrontational topic?  Who is the big acquisition the Sabres make this off-season?

Seriously? 20-30 yrs ago people accepted gays and left them alone?  This is a bad joke, right?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Something big brewing here:

If a St, Louis D man is the one holding this up maybe we could get involved? (mind you he might not want to come here either) but this is an interesting rumour. 

Seems like it’s Torrey Krug, refusing to waive NTC…

I think I’d pass…?

Smaller, left shot D, one of his bigger impacts being power play, with three (?) years remaining at just over $6M. 
I’d struggle to see that as a great fit. Doesn’t help the off-hand stuff plus wouldn’t be in line for PP time.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Brad_MI said:

I think I’d pass…?

Smaller, left shot D, one of his bigger impacts being power play, with three (?) years remaining at just over $6M. 
I’d struggle to see that as a great fit. Doesn’t help the off-hand stuff plus wouldn’t be in line for PP time.

Thoughts?

Hard pass as well

41 minutes ago, Brad_MI said:

I think I’d pass…?

Thoughts?

No.

Sabres need big, defensively strong Dmen. He’s a higher skilled Bryson, making $6M.

3 hours ago, Brad_MI said:

I think I’d pass…?

Thoughts?

Well if it's Krug you're right, not really the guy we need. He's better than Jokiharju imo but again, not really what we need, and definitely not a good fit as a partner for Power. 

17 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

We're a cap floor team and the cap is going to go up next year by all accounts. We can afford anybody if we want to. 

It’s going up to $87 million.  
you can’t afford anybody at any price, especially if you are going to a significant piece on defence

plus who’s spot is he taking? Tage, Cozens or Mitts? 

14 hours ago, Weave said:

Seriously? 20-30 yrs ago people accepted gays and left them alone?  This is a bad joke, right?

"Well, back then they didn't say anything about their life, laughed at our gay jokes, and when we insulted people by calling them fags it they didn't make a stink. Life was so much simpler."

🤮

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MattPie said:

"Well, back then they didn't say anything about their life, laughed at our gay jokes, and when we insulted people by calling them fags it they didn't make a stink. Life was so much simpler."

🤮

Enough of this already. How come any brief mention of Trump (even in a joke) gets you muted or banned around here but this topic gets to keep going on and on? Come on mods, the language here is just downright offensive (quotation marks or not)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

That's a modest price and they kind of have to give it to him.

Hey, Brawndo, your tweets aren't embedded lately, meaning we have to click through.  If there's any way to fix, consider it?

Hes just hitting the submit reply button too quick. Wait one more moment and it embeds 

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That's a modest price and they kind of have to give it to him.

Hey, Brawndo, your tweets aren't embedded lately, meaning we have to click through.  If there's any way to fix, consider it?

Gotta love the people posting “yikes” and “holy overpay!” In the comments who assuredly had their responses keyed up in advance assuming Vegas would go long term, and just decided to use them anyways cause Likes

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Gotta love the people posting “yikes” and “holy overpay!” In the comments who assuredly had their responses keyed up in advance assuming Vegas would go long term, and just decided to use them anyways cause Likes

Yeah, I've I've got a SC-winning goalie who isn't exactly established, 2x5 isn't unreasonable.  

10 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

The non hockey talk is making this thread boring. Whether you support or don’t support something, you’re not changing anything. Stick to hockey.

Don't resurrect it, then.