Pending UFA Lawrence Pilut signs with Swiss League

Brawndo

The Amerks are now in the market for someone to run their PP. Prow can be re-signed to an AHL deal. The incoming defensive prospect reinforcements are not especially known for PP prowess. Metsa and Jandric have scored some points throughout college. But Novikov and Johnson probably don't play on a 4F-1D PP unit.

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The Amerks are now in the market for someone to run their PP. Prow can be re-signed to an AHL deal. The incoming defensive prospect reinforcements are not especially known for PP prowess. Metsa and Jandric have scored some points throughout college. But Novikov and Johnson probably don't play on a 4F-1D PP unit.

Prow is already signed through next year. If Clague gets qualified, can easily see him in Rochester. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Prow is already signed through next year. If Clague gets qualified, can easily see him in Rochester. 

Thanks! I skipped right past it in my notes, 7/13/22 Prow and the 2-year deal.

I see Bryson's salary easily passing waivers at the end of training camp; I'm of the mind that the Sabres like Clague as an 8. Either could be on PP2 for the Amerks.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Was hoping he'd become a Ra-cha-cha fixture, but the money in Switzerland is better than the A IIRC, and him leaving isn't a loss to Buffalo.  He'd've been somewhere between 10 - 12 on the Sabres depth chart by the time October rolls around.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I know he wasn't the best NHL defenseman in the world, but that is depth that the team will have to replace.

He’s patently not good enough to play in the NHL, his spot in Rochester is better-suited for an actual prospect, (or somebody like Bryson who is marginally better i suppose) probably.  

31 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

He’s patently not good enough to play in the NHL, his spot in Rochester is better-suited for an actual prospect, (or somebody like Bryson who is marginally better i suppose) probably.  

But he did play in the NHL, 17 games last season.  Who gets those 17 games when three others are hurt?  The answer to that question is the player the Sabres now need to add.  Maybe it's Johnson.

33 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

I know what you mean by this but it should be stressed that AHL teams still need veterans. Look at the Hershey team that beat Rochester. If Rochester didn’t even offer Pilut an AHL contract I’ll be disappointed (pretty sure Swiss League pays more though).

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

But he did play in the NHL, 17 games last season.  Who gets those 17 games when three others are hurt?  The answer to that question is the player the Sabres now need to add.  Maybe it's Johnson.

10 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I know what you mean by this but it should be stressed that AHL teams still need veterans. Look at the Hershey team that beat Rochester. If Rochester didn’t even offer Pilut an AHL contract I’ll be disappointed (pretty sure Swiss League pays more though).

Yeah, I’m sure Pilut grabbed the biggest bag, and good on him.  

I just don’t think the Sabres, or Rochester hopefully, will miss him that much, once the dust clears on the off-season and we see who’s in that spot.  

1 hour ago, RochesterExpat said:

Swiss League pays well and you get to live in Switzerland. Not too shabby.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

He made 300k in the AHL las season.  Wonder what his salary will be next year?

Dunno him specifically but

https://hockeyquestion.com/highest-paying-hockey-leagues/

What Are the Top 5 Highest Paying Hockey Leagues?

Here are the highest paying hockey leagues in the world:

1. NHL –  $2.69 million USD Avg. Salary

2. KHL (Russia) – $425,000 USD Avg. Salary

3. NL (Swiss) – $228,000 USD Avg. Salary 

4. SHL (Sweden) – $110,000 USD Avg. Salary

5. SM-Liiga (Finland) – $100,000 USD Avg. Salary

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.