The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: Second Round GDT.

Eleven

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Nope.  Didn’t you watch the Sportsnet post game?

the way the leafs played in the third you should they will be very confident going to Florida according to the panel 

How confident can they be with Varlamov? Tampa was their Stanley Cup. They blew their wad in that series. I hope they get swept so Biz ends up in a mental institution.

15 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Leafs will get a controversial power play here 

Exactly what I was thinking at the time - last two, goalie pulled - whoa! An unfortunate "mistake" by Florida gives Toronto a PP!

Not so tonight.

Very gratifying.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I am listening to Sirius xm on the way home and the leafs station is on, they were absolutley melting down in the 3rd and post-game... And it's amazing 

Oh give us a taste of things they were melting down about 😬

13 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

How confident can they be with Varlamov? Tampa was their Stanley Cup. They blew their wad in that series. I hope they get swept so Biz ends up in a mental institution.

Samsonov?

19 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

the way the leafs played in the third you should they will be very confident going to Florida according to the panel 

They also said that the Leafs haven’t lost a game in Florida during these playoffs. Tampa Bay is in Florida but that is history.

5 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Oh give us a taste of things they were melting down about 😬

They were swearing "I'm Pi&&Ed" this team let it slip away, their backs are against the wall now and they were the favorite for the cup. It's unacceptable, Sheldon Keefe is baffled and doesn't have the answers. 

Then the cross check on bunting and the hit on Knies were dirty and the league needs to hand out suspensions.

• Haha (+1) 1

Half way there.  2 down, 2 to go.

Was getting a kick out of the TNT announcers ball washing Nylander.  "He's putting on a clinic."  Yep, didn't get an assist but started the play that got Florida back in the game and then was the place where scoring chances went to die at the other end.

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Was getting a kick out of the TNT announcers ball washing Nylander.  "He's putting on a clinic."  Yep, didn't get an assist but started the play that got Florida back in the game and then was the place where scoring chances went to die at the other end.

This is the Leaf I can’t stand more than others.
Nylander is a wonderful skater, puck handler and he has a good wrist shot.

He is mostly a perimeter player and will circle around the O zone with lots of possession time but not generating much. He will sometimes sift into an opening for a good scoring chance. He avoids contact like the plague and rarely backchecks let alone block shots.
He deserves to spend his entire career in Toronto making good money but winning nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Wouldnt be shocked to see the Laffs win 2 in Florida. I don't wish it, but it always happens 2 times in every playoff year. Home team loses first 2 and win the next 2 on the road.

3 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Major changes coming in Boston, Tampa, and Toronto. And the change is coming in Buffalo….add 1 top 4 dman and 1 power forward. Let’s go 

idk there is some talk in Boston of them giving it one more go. Not sure how they can do it, but that's the talk. I think if Florida knocks off the Leafs it'll give them the feeling they were just that close................

In any event I'm loving the Leafs losing. It almost makes up for Sabres missing the playoffs and Bruins exiting early. 

43 minutes ago, stenbaro said:

Wouldnt be shocked to see the Laffs win 2 in Florida. I don't wish it, but it always happens 2 times in every playoff year. Home team loses first 2 and win the next 2 on the road.

Definitely possible. Bruins won games 3 and 4 in the first round. Game 3 was Florida's worst/Bruin's best. 

4 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Bunting is no angel himself...I'm glad Bennett gave him the business.  Guess you're rooting for Toronto?

No.  Just calling out a cheap-shot, Bennett is famous for them.  

7 hours ago, French Collection said:

This is the Leaf I can’t stand more than others.
Nylander is a wonderful skater, puck handler and he has a good wrist shot.

He is mostly a perimeter player and will circle around the O zone with lots of possession time but not generating much. He will sometimes sift into an opening for a good scoring chance. He avoids contact like the plague and rarely backchecks let alone block shots.
He deserves to spend his entire career in Toronto making good money but winning nothing.

I also hate him cause his brother is *****.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, stenbaro said:

Perfect example….NJ vs NYR this year. 

9 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Being down 2-0 going back to Florida is the plan. The panel needs ratings higher than Law and Order reruns. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This is maybe stating the obvious, but Tkachuk was the best player on the ice last night IMHO.

Also, Bobrovsky has been up and down the past couple of seasons but is playing very well right now.

And had Tkachuk messed up his hand with that late block, it could've significantly altered the course of this series. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.