The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: Second Round GDT.

Eleven

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Final score Kraken 5 Pavelski 4 Dallas no score. 

Surprisingly non physical game for this stage but fast and fun. Sabres could have played this style I think. We need to become as relentless and fearless as this Kraken team. We have the speed, we just need the tenacity. 

Tampa really misses Gourde. That guy is a playoff warrior. We need a Gourde on our roster. 

Disgusted Farmers Market GIF by Originals

Edited by Pimlach

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

I agree, but just because there was something worse, doesn't change the fact that this is really dumb. I guess kids need to be fooled into thinking they are playing the video game NHL.

Kids don’t have the attention span to watch an entire game. They should add that as a filter option.

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Allow me my yearly beef…

I really hate that there is an off day when there are back to back home games in a series. The playoffs going until late June…👎🏻.  

This was changed ages ago because that meant 4 games in 5 nights.  Players did not like how beat up they were and owners did not like the turn-around time.  Now, the networks like it because they can have games on every night amd fans can watch every second if they so choose.

23 minutes ago, Marvin said:

This was changed ages ago because that meant 4 games in 5 nights.  Players did not like how beat up they were and owners did not like the turn-around time.  Now, the networks like it because they can have games on every night amd fans can watch every second if they so choose.

Then the regular season needs to be shortened.  Training camp starts in mid-September, season ends in late June…9-1/2 month season.  Too friggin’ long. 

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Then the regular season needs to be shortened.  Training camp starts in mid-September, season ends in late June…9-1/2 month season.  Too friggin’ long. 

I am for 76 games for starters: 4 games per team in conference and 1 per team out of conference.  That cuts 2 weeks off the season there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Allow me my yearly beef…

I really hate that there is an off day when there are back to back home games in a series. The playoffs going until late June…👎🏻.  

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

I love it for the same reason,… until the SCFs.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Man, I wish I had 2 1/2 months off every year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The ideal season for me would be 62 games. Home and away game against every team and that's it. Then the top 16 make the playoffs east or west. 

Not going to happen though. Too much revenue at stake for them ever to consider shortening it. They're more likely to add games and have even more teams in the playoffs than to shorten it. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I am rooting for Lindy and the Devils, but they have a real hill to climb.  I thought Carolina was, after Boston, the best team I saw in the NHL this year.

The Svechnikov injury levels things a little, and maybe Schmid is the X factor. He's been outstanding and if he puts on a Conn Smyth worthy show you never know. But they are the underdogs for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I am rooting for Lindy and the Devils, but they have a real hill to climb.  I thought Carolina was, after Boston, the best team I saw in the NHL this year.

They play an awesome game but do not have elite talent on offense and have two crippling injuries on that side of the ice, which limits their ceiling this playoffs imo. I could see NJ having a fairly easy time shutting them down. 

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

They play an awesome game but do not have elite talent on offense and have two crippling injuries on that side of the ice, which limits their ceiling this playoffs imo. I could see NJ having a fairly easy time shutting them down. 

Mods? Please delete this 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.